Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Academy Awards

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
No, why would I?

You need to move quicker past those magazines at the supermarket checkout.

Chris Rock will soon get over his terrible ordeal and be back to making you laugh.

#prayforchris.

He made a joke that didn't go down very well and got a (fairly light) slap. It happens, move on (I am sure he has).

So just to be clear then you are condoning anyone should go and physically strike comedians now if they don't like a joke they tell.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So just to be clear then you are condoning anyone should go and physically strike comedians now if they don't like a joke they tell.

Totally yeah! I am off to the Melbourne comedy festival next weekend and will make sure I pack my boxing gloves. :lolol::lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Absolutely. Someone makes your wife upset through making a bad joke about her medical condition in front of 100s of millions of people... any man with a set of balls, and there's not a lot of around these days, should go slap the "comedian".

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yeah I love Chris Rock. Funny fun guy.

Do you even know anything about his wife? She's sold their private life to the paparazzi for years now.

Made some money from telling the world she cheated on her husband with one of her sons best friends(who had mental health issues, so a predator).

So now when a comedian takes the piss out of her it's bad?

You can **** his wife but don't tell a joke about her! :lolol:

So the Hollywood clowns can make fun of Trumps hair but when this weirdo has fun made of her hair it's now a problem? Surely not!? It's all about consistency isn't it? Isn't it?

Trumps hair is his choice - if he doesn't like people taking the piss out of it then get a decent hair cut. Jade Smith's hair 'cut' is not by choice but because she has an illness - a very stressful one at that - especially for women. Making a joke about someone's illness is no better than making a joke about someone's disability - made even worse that it was in front of millions of people. I'd have done the same as Will Smith if someone made a joke about an illness Mrs WS or any of my kids had. Chris Rock is clearly a stupid ****.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Absolutely. Someone makes your wife upset through making a bad joke about her medical condition in front of 100s of millions of people... any man with a set of balls, and there's not a lot of around these days, should go slap the "comedian".

She told the whole world and Will she'd ****ed her sons best mentally troubled friend in a TV interview with him. She basically admitted to being a creepy as hell sexual predator.

Yet now she's upset because of a joke?

She's going bald, like millions of other people, people who don't punch people if someone makes a bit of a joke about it.

Maybe she told him If you don't slap him I'll cheat on you again.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Trumps hair is his choice - if he doesn't like people taking the piss out of it then get a decent hair cut. Jade Smith's hair 'cut' is not by choice but because she has an illness - a very stressful one at that - especially for women. Making a joke about someone's illness is no better than making a joke about someone's disability - made even worse that it was in front of millions of people. I'd have done the same as Will Smith if someone made a joke about an illness Mrs WS or any of my kids had. Chris Rock is clearly a stupid ****.

And if she doesn't like people taking the piss out of her then spend some of those millions to get a really awesome wig.

She has alopecia, not cancer. Alopecia just means bald.

You know, the kind of bald that people have been making jokes about forever and a day.

The difference is your Mrs wouldn't have been on every celebrity interview she could get herself on to talk about herself and her balding. So if she was really that self conscious about it she sure as **** wouldn't be looking for alllllll that media attention to focus on it, would she?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
She told the whole world and Will she'd ****ed her sons best mentally troubled friend in a TV interview with him. She basically admitted to being a creepy as hell sexual predator.

Yet now she's upset because of a joke?

She's going bald, like millions of other people, people who don't punch people if someone makes a bit of a joke about it.

Maybe she told him If you don't slap him I'll cheat on you again.

Yes. You almost certainly have a bazillion flaws, yet if I take a shit on your face - just because I think its fun - in front of 100s of millions of people, you have the right to be upset and your wife (as you yourself dont believe in slapping "comedians") would have every right to slap me.

She isnt "going bald", she suffers from alopecia. Not fun for men and 10x worse for a lot of women.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yes. You almost certainly have a bazillion flaws, yet if I take a shit on your face - just because I think its fun - in front of 100s of millions of people, you have the right to be upset and your wife (as you yourself dont believe in slapping "comedians") would have every right to slap me.

She isnt "going bald", she suffers from alopecia. Not fun for men and 10x worse for a lot of women.

So you missed the bit where Will Smith laughed at the joke then? You did didn't you :lolol:

What say you about him laughing at the joke?

Kinda ****s the narrative up doesn't it?

Baldness is alopecia...

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
When Mrs Jakarta lost her hair due to Chemotherapy, if anyone made a 'joke' about it, especially in front of a load of other people, they would have had a proper old school shoeing so think Chris Rock got away very lightly.

By the way, she is in remission, her hair has come back (funnily enough it is now even thicker than before!) and she has donated her wigs to Macmillan Cancer for another woman to use.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So you missed the bit where Will Smith laughed at the joke then? You did didn't you :lolol:

Baldness is alopecia...

I dont think he really got it at first, neither did she.

Maybe he thought it was fun until he saw she got sad and then he got furious. Sometimes people who are not entirely self-absorbed are able to get upset on behalf of others. Which is very normal. I would have done the same thing back when I had a girlfriend; if she laughed about a joke about her, fine I'll laugh too, if she starts crying or get upset, there is a fair chance I'll get furious and ****ing rip the "funny guy" apart.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And if she doesn't like people taking the piss out of her then spend some of those millions to get a really awesome wig.

She has alopecia, not cancer. Alopecia just means bald.

You know, the kind of bald that people have been making jokes about forever and a day.

The difference is your Mrs wouldn't have been on every celebrity interview she could get herself on to talk about herself and her balding. So if she was really that self conscious about it she sure as **** wouldn't be looking for alllllll that media attention to focus on it, would she?

My neighbour has alopecia and I can assure there is a lot more to it then just going 'bald'. The reason Jade Smith went on those shows was to highlight the condition and how it affects peoples lives and mental health. Go and read the interviews Gail Porter did many years ago - it made her suicidal. The reason both Jade and Gail went public was to highlight to cave dwellers such as Chris Rock, and clearly you, how awful the condition really is. A wig, however awesome, doesn't solve the pain and stress suffers go through.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Baldness is alopecia...

Nothing and no-one is going to **** up your narrative TB. You are riding the wave.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I dont think he really got it at first, neither did she.

Maybe he thought it was fun until he saw she got sad and then he got furious. Sometimes people who are not entirely self-absorbed are able to get upset on behalf of others.

She got it.

She's self absorbed to the max. How do you know not know this family are massive media whores?

They literally broadcast their private lives to the whole world regularly.

Unfortunately for Will she's got her toxic talons into him and what should have been his crowning night is now ruined forever because of something that happens EVERY Oscars where actors get roasted by the hosts. Except this time they made clowns of themselves by reacting the way they did.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Nothing and no-one is going to **** up your narrative TB. You are riding the wave.

I find it all rather amusing, twas a pretty good gag by Rock.

The funniest bit is it will have been co-written and vetted by staff associated with the awards anyway.

They ticked it off :lolol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I find it all rather amusing, twas a pretty good gag by Rock.

The funniest bit is it will have been co-written and vetted by staff associated with the awards anyway.

They ticked it off :lolol:

Thank god for that, Your amusement isn't coming across on this thread.

I was starting to worry what JPS had done to you :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My neighbour has alopecia and I can assure there is a lot more to it then just going 'bald'. The reason Jade Smith went on those shows was to highlight the condition and how it affects peoples lives and mental health. Go and read the interviews Gail Porter did many years ago - it made her suicidal. The reason both Jade and Gail went public was to highlight to cave dwellers such as Chris Rock, and clearly you, how awful the condition really is. A wig, however awesome, doesn't solve the pain and stress suffers go through.

I think Tyrone Biggums makes a compelling case though, based on her past behaviour. She's no saint and is there really any excuse for violence over a joke, however distasteful? He's also right about Will Smith being a simp. He was laughing away at the joke whereas his wife had a face like thunder, then the camera pans from the Smiths back to the stage. Next thing you know he's striding up in faux anger to punch the guy. I'm also curious - would your wife expect you to punch someone for being mean to her in that manner? Because as I say, he wasn't upset for himself at the time. Honestly, I think it says a lot about their relationship, and nothing positive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here