Votes: 46 19.8%
  • I will enjoy the day off and play golf or something

Votes: 38 16.4%
  • I will have a party as I hated her

Votes: 96 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I'd forgotten that.

She worked on the development of that disgusting, slimy, air-filled white goo that gets passed off as "soft ice cream" - the stuff that causes Cadbury's Flakes to dissolve.

That's it LB; approx 30% of the milk fat content found in real ice cream + air - surprised it's got any milk content at all really?

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
To quote Morrissey, the great people's poet of the modern era ''Cos people like you make me feel so old inside/ when will you die?/ when will you diiiiiiiiiey/ when will you Diiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeee.'' Margaret on the Guillotine.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Because we all know the coal industry and other primary economic activity would be thriving today if it wern't for Thatcher. ???

Quite. I think Thatcher does not get the respect she deserves. It seems that people conveniently forget how the British Economy was a complete mess and in a meltdown during the 70s. As for the privatisation policy, did we have the money to invest in our public services?

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
f*** her. I'll be celebrating. The Council House sell off was a disgrace, it's always trotted out by her supporters and one of her great legacies, in actual fact she did it to cut Govt spending and it took away decent cheap housing for those who needed it most. Her treatment of the working class particularly in the north was unprecedented before or since, decimating communities and cosigning whole areas to the dole for a decade. I hope she rots.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But what was the alternative?

Could have invested it in something with long term economic value. Transport infrastructure, National Health reforms, investment in training and education. Under Thatcher, all of these were run into the ground. Instead the oil money was squandered on unemployment benefit for millions of people callously thrown on the dole as a sacrifice to 'free market forces'. Oh, and on breaking the back of 'the enemy within'. Which is all well and good if there's no such thing as society. Unfortunately for that evil bitch, tho, there IS.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
f*** her. I'll be celebrating. The Council House sell off was a disgrace, it's always trotted out by her supporters and one of her great legacies, in actual fact she did it to cut Govt spending and it took away decent cheap housing for those who needed it most. Her treatment of the working class particularly in the north was unprecedented before or since, decimating communities and cosigning whole areas to the dole for a decade. I hope she rots.
post of the month :clap::clap::clap:

and i echo your sentiments

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Could have invested it in something with long term economic value. Transport infrastructure, National Health reforms, investment in training and education. Under Thatcher, all of these were run into the ground. Instead the oil money was squandered on unemployment benefit for millions of people callously thrown on the dole as a sacrifice to 'free market forces'. Oh, and on breaking the back of 'the enemy within'. Which is all well and good if there's no such thing as society. Unfortunately for that evil bitch, tho, there IS.

I meant what was the alternative to defeating the unions and changing our economic structure and abandoning our primary industries? To avoid the unemployment, we would have to have struggled along as we were. Whilst this is a simplistic view, was it not better to get the dastardly deed over and done with so that we could move on as a country? Would we be the economic powerhouse that we are today if we had not changed things in the early 80s?

Being born in 1980, I didn't live through 'it' and merely forming my opinion on things I have read and studied.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would we be the economic powerhouse that we are today if we had not changed things in the early 80s?

I'd seriously query the 'economic powerhouse' thing. Compared to, say, France, or Spain or Ireland, then sure, yes, we probably are some kind of 'powerhouse'. But it's all propped up on companies providing the cheapest shittiest level of service they can get away with, outsourcing everything they can to Bangalore (who in turn are so swamped that they in turn are outsourcing stuff to The Phillipines) and making mortgage slaves work ever-increasing amounts of unpaid overtime.
It's unsustainable in the long term. It's not a healthy way to live. In fact it's a form of national sickness. IMHO, like. and it can all be traced back to the shitty 'Greed Is Good' ethos of Thatcherism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here