NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i for one shall get the beers in and 'party on dude'

horrible woman

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It'll be a Saturday, just like Saint Diana. If it's during the football season, will it disrupt the fixtures?

Ed, it will be interesting to see how the minutes silence is observed before the football matches :O

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Agreed. At least she had a spine whilst in power.

Bit like Hitler and Stalin - That's what's needed, leaders with spine. Not leaders who have their position bought by their husband's money and then make decisions on the same basis eh ?

Sanctions for South Afria anyone ? :shootself

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If we get an extra day off, then I'll raise a glass to her. If not then sod her.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
its tipping towards the party, Thatcher haters are not early birds obviously

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Typical Thatcher haters have proved themselves to be malingerers and shirkers lazing around in bed until nearly 10am :angry:

Thatcher's funeral - nation celebrates!!!
Written by Barry Subchimp
Story written: 20 April 2004

TheSpoof.com : Thatchers funeral - nation celebrates!!! funny satire story

Dead at last: Mrs Thatcher was British Prime Minister for far too long.

"Ding dong . . . . . the witch is gone!" This is the unifying chant which has brought an entire nation to a climactic celebration in Scotland which has become a Mecca for party-goers across Britain.

With the announcement last night that the ailing former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher had finally succumbed to a fatal bout of diarrhoea, impromptu parties have erupted across the northern region of the country.

Motorways have been brought to a standstill as Edinburgh becomes party-central for revellers who had previously been disappointed at the the cancellation of the city's New Year celebrations.

But authorities were confused as to the nature of a six-mile convoy of what appeared to be fuel tankers heading south across the border.

But The Spoof can exclusively reveal the that the convoy originated in Kelty, Fife.

"All of our drivers are former coal miners, who made a vow to piss on Thatcher's grave during the notorious strikes in 1984," said one driver.

"As a result, each of us has prepared for this glorious day, by saving up every pish since that fateful day long ago. And when we arrive at the funeral tomorrow in Grantham we can all finally unload our cargo onto the grave of that leathery faced old witch and relieve twenty years of bladder-busting vengeance."

But in a curious and unexplainable twist of fate, south of Watford, many have mourned the loss of the former dictator.

Jack Stilton, 65, a red-faced pensioner, and rotary club member based in Cambridge spoke to The Spoof on his 3000 acre lawn this morning.

"It's a gveat loss to the Bvitish public," he said through teeth resembling those of a horse as a tear composed of gin left his eye and rolled onto his blazer.

"She did a gveat deal for the Bvitish way of life, while collaborating with other known violators of human vights, such as General Pinochet of Chile."

Mr Stilton then went off on a tangent to slur his way angrily through an anti-European rant and finished with the Statement: "KEEP THE POUND!!!!!", before chasing our reporter away by brandishing the Daily Mail in a threatening manner.

Thatcher, nicknamed "The Iron Lady" had already survived several failed assassinations, including an attempt to melt her with a bucket of water in 1982, and another in 1987 when left wing activists dropped a big farm house on her, leaving only her big stripey legs sticking out from underneath.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes, Blair

And Brown comes a close second !

I'm not tory blue through and through but Thatcher was a great PM - seh dragged this country out of a very bleak and danagerous time. The UK needed someone like her and some of Blairs successes only came about because of things Thatcher had put into place.

That said, I don't beleive politicians should have state funerals - it should be reserved for Queen / Kings. The ONLY exception is Churchill who deserved his - ironically he could be a nasty piece of work but he's probably the greatest leader this country has EVER had. Maybe you need to be nasty to be a good leader ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I trust that the funeral arrangements will be put out to competitive tender and the public will be invited to buy shares in the company that wins the contract.

Hopefully nothing like a good bit of capitalism, if the lefties were to arrange it no doubt we would have a strike

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I trust that the funeral arrangements will be put out to competitive tender and the public will be invited to buy shares in the company that wins the contract.

If Labour are still in power then her grave will be built by a PFI company and she won't own it for another 25 years !

Hopefully nothing like a good bit of capitalism, if the lefties were to arrange it no doubt we would have a strike
The government could bus in squads of scab funeral directors and thousands of police officers could be brought in from all over the south of England to drink tea in hastily constructed marquees.

Marvellous scenes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you'd like to think so, but no, not even close. Saying that it's a better suggestion than Brown, who may provoke widespread indifference, but as of yet will be remembered for very little.

Well I certainly hate the faux conservative Blair more :) Couldn't even win a war once he'd decided to have one on our behalf :lol:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
The government could bus in squads of scab funeral directors and thousands of police officers could be brought in from all over the south of England to drink tea in hastily constructed marquees.

Marvellous scenes.

I'm going to wait until she's buried and then go back to her estate and offer them a share scheme to buy her burial plot. I won't be accepting any of these 'but we already own it' excuses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here