• I will have a party as I hated her

Votes: 96 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The government could bus in squads of scab funeral directors and thousands of police officers could be brought in from all over the south of England to drink tea in hastily constructed marquees.

Marvellous scenes.

Or Billy Bragg could sing for her :lolol::lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It can be turned into a drinking game at least if you spot any of the following

1 shot - a twat in full union jack costume crying uncontrollably
1 shot - every time she is mentioned as the 1st female British Prime minister
1 pint - a politician seen weeping
1 pitcher - the Queen seen crying

and so on and so one, ,make up your own rules

all shots no pints....I'll be pissed before it even starts.:lolol:

I'm going to wait until she's buried and then go back to her estate and offer them a share scheme to buy her burial plot. I won't be accepting any of these 'but we already own it' excuses.
Your scheme won't stand a chance. Don't you remember Thatcher's chum, Dame Shirley Tesco?

The deal with graveyard sales is that the authorities sell them off to their friends for just 15 pence.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Perhaps we could get all the kids to toast her demise with a glass of milk in memory of her years as Secretary of State for education......Margaret Thatcher Milk Snatcher:angry:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The really BIG question about Thatcher's funeral is whether "Sir" Mark Thatcher will be arrested and extradicted to Equatorial Guinea to face justice.

He'd only get lost on the way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
while she was a great leader, in the context that she stayed in power for so long and changed so much, a state funeral would be highly inappropriate given deep dislike from some. what next, Blair? then for every PM? Any such state occassion should be universally acceptable otherwise they will create division.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
while she was a great leader, in the context that she stayed in power for so long and changed so much, a state funeral would be highly inappropriate given deep dislike from some. what next, Blair? then for every PM? Any such state occassion should be universally acceptable otherwise they will create division.

Agreed. She is undoubtedly the greatest PM of the 20th Century, with the obvious exception of Churchill, but party-political figures really should not be given state funerals. Again Churchill was possibly the only legitimate exception to this as a war-time leader of a coalition government. Anyway, one way or another her death, some would say a bit like her premiership, is going to be VERY divisive!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon the anniversary of her death should be made a public holiday forever - so that the nation can celebrate her life/death (delete as applicable)

Personally I'll be happy to :dance: on the grave of the evil bitch :mad:

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
I asked my dad about her, as I was too young, and he said there was a brilliant song about her by Elvis Presley. The lyrics are really good, though I am surprised that Elvis would sing about someone who was English, and I thought the Americans loved her. I also thought Elvis was dead before Thatcher became president, but I am not good on recent history.

I saw a newspaper picture from the political campaign
A woman was kissing a child, who was obviouslyin pain
She spills with compassion, as that young child's face in her hands she grips
Can you imagine all that greed and avarice coming down on that child's lips
Well I hope I don't die too soon I pray the Lord my soul to save
Oh I'll be a good boy, I'm trying so hard to behave
Because there's one thing I know, I'd like to live long enough to savour
That's when they finally put you in the ground
I'll stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down

When England was the whore of the world Margaret was her madam
And the future looked as bright and as clear as the black tarmacadam
Well I hope that she sleeps well at night, isn't haunted by every tiny detail
'Cos when she held that lovely face in her hands all she thought of was betrayal

And now the cynical ones say that it all ends the same in the long run
Try telling that to the desperate father who just squeezed the life from his only son
And how it's only voices in your head and dreams you never dreamt
Try telling him the subtle difference between justice and contempt
Try telling me she isn't angry with this pitiful discontent
When they flaunt it in your face as you line up for punishment
And then expect you to say "Thank you" straighten up, look proud and pleased
Because you've only got the symptoms, you haven't got the whole disease
Just like a schoolboy, whose head's like a tin-can filled up with dreams then poured down the drain
Try telling that to the boys on both sides, being blown to bits or beaten and maimed
Who takes all the glory and none of the shame

Well I hope you live long now, I pray the Lord your soul to keep
I think I'll be going before we fold our arms and start to weep
I never thought for a moment that human life could be so cheap
'Cos when they finally put you in the ground
They'll stand there laughing and tramp the dirt down

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
The whole country will grind to a halt that day. Lots of bunting and union jacks around places like Lindfield near Haywards Heath with posters of Thatcher in the houses and shop windows, maybe a Thatcher themed village fete at the Church hall after a service for her.

:lolol: yes the area is that blue!! my workwill probably still require people in as its an american company

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The whole country will grind to a halt that day. Lots of bunting and union jacks around places like Lindfield near Haywards Heath with posters of Thatcher in the houses and shop windows, maybe a Thatcher themed village fete at the Church hall after a service for her.

Perhaps the Met could do a cavalry charge through Yorkshire with raised truncheons to mark the occasion :mad:

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
She must be near to death as we seem to heading for an honourary recession to mark the occasion.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A state funeral is the correct course and befitting arguably the greatest prime minister in Britsh history as children in 40/50 years time will be taught.

Only the wealthy ones surely.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
She gave the working man wealth by allowing them to purchase their council house and whilst some overstretched themselves and lost out a vast majority profited by this and gained a foot on the financial and housing ladder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here