Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Agreed. Even if we had had a decent striker for the Wolves game, he’d have been as bored to death as the rest of us after 70 minutes.

Brighton are usually quicker in build up with Maupay up front as he is almost always playable in situations where without him the defenders would need to take another couple of passes to find options. When Welbeck is also playing there is yet another option.

Obviously some people thought it was "slow and tedious" even last season when the team created obscene amount of chances per game but these will unfortunately never find themselves satisfied with how football is played in the 21th century.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. Even if we had had a decent striker for the Wolves game, he’d have been as bored to death as the rest of us after 70 minutes.

You are missing the fact that we would have got forward much faster if we had a normal sized pacy striker rather than a grumpy lightweight Leprechaun up front. Lamptey would have been able to bomb forward knowing they’d be someone to cross to and Trossard would have been able to wriggle through and lay off a pass or a chip.

You and a few others are being very blinkered :smile:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You are missing the fact that we would have got forward much faster if we had a normal sized pacy striker rather than a grumpy lightweight Leprechaun up front. Lamptey would have been able to bomb forward knowing they’d be someone to cross to and Trossard would have been able to wriggle through and lay off a pass or a chip.

You and a few others are being very blinkered :smile:

True. I guess I was just unlucky that last Wednesday we selected real players rather than mythical ones. Grrrr.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
On the plus side we’re not as bad as Leeds

……….. and Wolves, who according to everybody were so poor against us the other night, are now doing well and being talked up against Chelsea!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
They don’t buy a striker just to annoy you bw2 :smile:

I accept it is nothing to do with me! However, the lack of decent strikers is beyond the pale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think they have their grand plan and are sticking with it.I cannot see us signing one striker,let alone two.

As i stated on another thread,the decision to send put out Zeqiri/Sima and Khadra on loan and keep Connolly is ludicrous.If you add up the money and wages spent on those players,plus Caicedo,who is also surpless to requirements,it makes no sense

I would have taken a punt on Armstrong,what do i know?I do not think signing a striker wil change the lack of goals mentality in the team at the moment

A. Signing a striker or two is definitely the answer to our woes. Had been for over 2 years.

B. As you well know, I agree with you 100% about our striker loan out decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
#Ungrateful after everything Anthony Bloom has done for you.

AB has done it mostly for himself tho eh? Might be a fan, but gets easily top trumped by him seizing the business opportunity off the back of the years of hard graft by Dick Knight, Martin Perry and the very many Albion foot soldiers doing the door to door stuff on the ground

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
AB has done it mostly for himself tho eh? Might be a fan, but gets easily top trumped by him seizing the business opportunity off the back of the years of hard graft by Dick Knight, Martin Perry and the very many Albion foot soldiers doing the door to door stuff on the ground

What is he personally gaining from it other than a lighter wallet?

Thank you for proving my point that there's some ungrateful "people" out there.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014

Come off it, this is disrespectful as hell. Shameful, really.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Happy Christmas to you too THPP. ! Good grief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here