Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That has to be the end of Potter?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Goals are what we all want to see.

Last season we averaged 1.05 per game, this season so far it's 0.87. Not completely surprising but not even managing to muster a 1 per game average ain't going to see us win many games. Hopefully Evan Ferguson will get a chance in the New Year. Just have a good feeling about him.

Hopefully our new striker, no, strikers, will get a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I see we fell a further 3 points behind Arsenal today :rant:

#finalstrawpottermustgonow.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To Leeds ideally, are you going to join in the fight to drive him there?

I'm leaving the keys in the ignition of my Cortina, just in case :cool:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Started the Xmas grog early?

Lol

Seriously Frank, do you honestly imagine our beloved club's leaders can afford NOT to correct the error of their striker ways!?... I told you so BTW... no alcohol involved, just obvious logic...

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Seriously Frank, do you honestly imagine our beloved club's leaders can afford NOT to correct the error of their striker ways!?... I told you so BTW... no alcohol involved, just obvious logic...

I think they have their grand plan and are sticking with it.I cannot see us signing one striker,let alone two.

As i stated on another thread,the decision to send put out Zeqiri/Sima and Khadra on loan and keep Connolly is ludicrous.If you add up the money and wages spent on those players,plus Caicedo,who is also surpless to requirements,it makes no sense

I would have taken a punt on Armstrong,what do i know?I do not think signing a striker wil change the lack of goals mentality in the team at the moment

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I've done the stats, and I can confirm that Joelinton is worse than Locadia (and he hasn't got a DJ sideline either).

Joelinton: £40 million, 7 goals in 85 matches over 2 and a half seasons. Goals per game: 0.082. Xg: Confidential. Besides, everyone deserves 85 chances.

DJ: £14 million, 5 goals in 35 matches, over 4 seasons. Goals per game: 0.085. Hit records: 0. Gigs lined up: 0. Xg: No data. Well, it's Christmas, isn't it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've done the stats, and I can confirm that Joelinton is worse than Locadia (and he hasn't got a DJ sideline either).

Joelinton: £40 million, 7 goals in 85 matches over 2 and a half seasons. Goals per game: 0.082. Xg: Confidential. Besides, everyone deserves 85 chances.

DJ: £14 million, 5 goals in 35 matches, over 4 seasons. Goals per game: 0.085. Hit records: 0. Gigs lined up: 0. Xg: No data. Well, it's Christmas, isn't it?
Ah but is Big Jurg the completely meaningless and redundant answer to the question:-

'Why didn't the club buy a striker after having dropped so many points last season, due to the lack of a competent striker?

Thought not.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Ah but is Big Jurg the completely meaningless and redundant answer to the question:-

'Why didn't the club buy a striker after having dropped so many points last season, due to the lack of a competent striker?

Thought not.

I flatly refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think they have their grand plan and are sticking with it.I cannot see us signing one striker,let alone two.

As i stated on another thread,the decision to send put out Zeqiri/Sima and Khadra on loan and keep Connolly is ludicrous.If you add up the money and wages spent on those players,plus Caicedo,who is also surpless to requirements,it makes no sense

I would have taken a punt on Armstrong,what do i know?I do not think signing a striker wil change the lack of goals mentality in the team at the moment

I think we did very well in not taking a punt on Armstrong, and the same goes for Edouard. Neither looks like a Premier League striker to me. Both will have the odd good game and score the odd goal, but both are already being played as wide men by their new clubs and neither has been exactly prolific. And before anyone points out that Edouard scored twice in one match against Tottenham, just two words: Aaron Connolly.

And I agree that signing a striker will change nothing unless we can get the ball forward to them before they're surrounded by thickets of defenders.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Even with a new striker we seriously need to be much quicker through the middle of the park than we are now

If we had a pacy striker this would happen imo. As long as we don’t then we’ll keep trying to walk the ball into the net…slowly because we have no pacy striker. I am struggling to think of one since Mark Gall.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Even with a new striker we seriously need to be much quicker through the middle of the park than we are now

Agreed. Even if we had had a decent striker for the Wolves game, he’d have been as bored to death as the rest of us after 70 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here