Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teacher from Ringmer.... 15 year old pupil - LOST & FOUND

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
It's a crime of course, probably abduction and sex with a minor.
Sadly it goes on but at this time it's 'consensual' from the adol
escent rather than life threatening.
At my school there was a biology teacher knocking off a girl of 14. It was quite known anong the other students especially the girls, but he was getting away with it because it was thought by her peers that _she_ knew what she was doing!
Astounding i know, I wish we'd turned him in when i think about it now.
If i were her dad I'd be cleaning my gun and heading after him.[/QUO

this,ive already been around to some lads house,
and lets say had a chat to his dad
lwhos 15year old son was sniffing round my 12 year olddaughter

The law might not cover that, especially if no more than kissing has occured.
However - a parent sets rules for their offspring and I'd be concerned there too - I hope the boy's getting a serious pep-talk as well as the one you give your daughter.

When it gets to say a 17 year old and a 15 year old there might be cause to say things are not so dubious but give a talk all the same.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: Teacher from Ringmer.... Megan Stammers

What is slightly more concerning is the school were aware of the situation but he was still able to piss off abroad with her!

The school were working with East Sussex council services and the police at the time. There does not seen to have been more that they could have done.

The school were working with East Sussex council services and the police at the time. There does not seen to have been more that they could have done.

No? Don't you think they should have told her parents? They are still legally responsible for her. Apparently the school was going to suspend him imminently - this would certainly have raised alarm bells in my mind if I were her father, and I would have let he go and stay with a friend overnight on the day he was going to be suspended.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Turns out the school knew about it, after a school trip to LA (wtf?) they were spotted holding hands on the plane home, it was reported and nothing done. Not looking good is it

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Turns out the school knew about it, after a school trip to LA (wtf?) they were spotted holding hands

WHAT ! They took the kids on a school trip to Littlehampton....... Are they mad ?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I still can't get my head around, what would possess a 30 year old married man to run away with one of his 15 year old pupils?

It could be argued, the 15 year old isn't mature enough to make sound decisions & could be easily influenced by an elder showing admiration for her. But the Teacher? I mean, WTF is going on in his head? Apart from the immorality & scandal of it, did he not consider that his career as a teacher is ruined?

The whole episode is bizarre.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Teacher from Ringmer.... Megan Stammers

I still can't get my head around, what would possess a 30 year old married man to run away with one of his 15 year old pupils?

It could be argued, the 15 year old isn't mature enough to make sound decisions & could be easily influenced by an elder showing admiration for her. But the Teacher? I mean, WTF is going on in his head? Apart from the immorality & scandal of it, did he not consider that his career as a teacher is ruined?

His marriage, reputation, job, career and freedom (when he is imprisoned) all over because of one crazy act. My word, she must be worth it, in his eyes!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

His marriage, reputation, job, career and freedom (when he is imprisoned) all over because of one crazy act. My word, she must be worth it, in his eyes!

It wasn't that long ago pop songs openly sang about such things (okay lyrically mostly 16, but the implication is there all the same) and were chart toppers...

When you were sweet Sixteen
When first I saw the love light in your eyes,,
I thought the world held nought but joy for me
And even though we drifted far apart
I never dream but what I dream of you
[Chorus]
love you as I never loved before
Since first I saw you on the village green
Come to me e'er my dreams of love is o're,,
I love you as I loved you,when you were sweet
When you were sweet sixteen

Last night I dreamen I held you in my arms
And once again you were my happy bride
I kissed you as I did on 'Auld Lang Syne',
As to the church we wandered side by

Young Girl Get Out of My Mind
Young girl, get out of my mind
My love for you is way out of line
Better run, girl
You're much too young, girl

With all the charms of a woman
You've kept the secret of your youth
You led me to believe
You're old enough to give me Love
And now it hurts to know the truth, oh

Better run, girl

Beneath your perfume and make-up
You're just a baby in disguise
And though you know
That it is wrong to be alone with me
That come on look is in your eyes, oh

Better run, girl

So hurry home to your mama
I'm sure she wonders where you are
Get out of here before I have the time
To change my mind
'Cause I'm afraid we'll go too far, oh

Better run, girl

Better run, girl

You're Sixteen, You're Beautiful and You're Mine
You come on like a dream, peaches and cream,
Lips like strawberry wine.
You're sixteen, you're beautiful and you're mine. (mine, all mine)
You're all ribbons and curls, ooh, what a girl,
Eyes that sparkle and shine.
You're sixteen, you're beautiful and you're mine.
(mine, all mine, mine, mine)
You're my baby, you're my pet,
We fell in love on the night we met.
You touched my hand, my heart went pop,
Ooh, when we kissed, i could not stop.
You walked out of my dreams, into my arms,
Now you're my angel divine.
You're sixteen, you're beautiful, and you're mine.
You're my baby, you're my pet,
We fell in love on the night we met.
You touched my hand, my heart went pop,
Ooh, when we kissed, i could not stop.
You walked out of my dreams, into my car,
Now you're my angel divine.
All mine, all mine, all mine.
All mine, all mine, all mine.
All mine, all mine, all mine, all mine, but i do.
You are mine!

Thank Heaven for Little Girls
Thank heaven for little girls
for little girls get bigger every day!

they grow up in the most delightful way!

Those little eyes so helpless and appealing
one day will flash and send you crashin' thru the ceilin'

thank heaven for them all,
no matter where no matter who
for without them, what would little boys do?

Thank heaven... thank heaven...
Thank heaven for little girls!

Sixteen Candles
Happy birthday, happy birthday, baby
Oh, I love you so
Sixteen candles make a lovely light
But not as bright as your eyes tonight
(As your eyes tonight, oh)
Blow out the candles
Make your wish come true
For I'll be wishing that you love me, too
(That you love me, too)
You're only sixteen (sixteen)
But you're my teenage queen
(You're my queen)
You're the prettiest
Loveliest girl I've ever seen
(I've ever seen, oh)
Sixteen candles in my heart will glow
For ever and ever for I love you so
(For I love you so)
You're only sixteen (sixteen)
But you're my teenage queen
(You're my queen)
Oh, you're the prettiest
Loveliest girl I've ever seen
(I've ever seen, oh)
Sixteen candles in my heart will glow
For ever and ever for I love you so
(For I love you so)
For I love you so

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This is my take on it too. I was saying as much to my wife last night, it's all a bit sad really isn't it? His wife has to deal with the humiliation, the girl's parents who paid for the extra tutoring by him must be left wondering what sort of man they can trust, if they can't trust a 30y/o married man and school teacher of their daughter. The whole thing is a car crash for all the relatives, and a car crash waiting to happen for both the girl and teacher.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

the same as murderers think its worth it for that short space of time. I dont know why this is seen as any less sick and abusive than holding a knife to the girls throat, this is not just a 'oh what a silly foolish man' incident this is far far more serious than that. as for a car crash for him i hope its a f***ing really really bad one that they dont bother cutting him out of.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not agreeing or condoning what the teacher has done but does his ban from teaching go world wide or when he gets out of prison eventually could he and his wife emigrate to Australia, New Zealand or wherever and him teach again.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Teacher from Ringmer.... Megan Stammers

Turns out the school knew about it, after a school trip to LA (wtf?) they were spotted holding hands on the plane home, it was reported and nothing done. Not looking good is it

For all we know they might have given some half arsed explanation and it's all been dismissed as a result. Perhaps they said someone made a mistake, or that it was taken out of context etc (if the allegation came from another schoolgirl they could have claimed it was malicious).

The other kids in that report claim that they kept seeing texts between the pair- but did any of them raise it with the school? It doesn't sound like it, as I cannot believe a school would do nothing if several kids reported intimate text messages going on. I know they're only schoolkids themselves, but obviously from this report they knew it was wrong, hence I can't help wondering if they kept quiet about it for some reason.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You wonder how the teacher expects this to end. Is he planning on spending the rest of his life on the run? Does he expect to return home and claim it's an act of love and should be forgiven?

There must something going on with his mental state.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: Teacher from Ringmer.... Megan Stammers

Not agreeing or condoning what the teacher has done but does his ban from teaching go world wide or when he gets out of prison eventually could he and his wife emigrate to Australia, New Zealand or wherever and him teach again.

I would like to think the ban would hold in the developed world. I am unsure as to the safety procedures in third world countries however.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
He was a shortarse pratt and i forget his name.....******* or ******* maybe.
It was King's Manor in S-b-s.
I suspect that you may have been there in the late 70s/early 80s as I recall both the teacher and the girl as she lived at the end of our road and was quite proud of what she was doing. However, given the nature of some of the teachers and pupils at that school it would not surprise me if this was completely different!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This comment seemed to be critical of the school. Perhaps i read it wrongly?

Edit: just read your apology to Fork Me. :thumbup:

yeah sorry ...throw away comment , should know better.it is not a good situation and i'm sure the shcool is/are shitting themselves till she turns up safe and sound.......this has a high chance of going gold btw......just neeeds some one to START...:whistle:

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The other kids in that report claim that they kept seeing texts between the pair- but did any of them raise it with the school? It doesn't sound like it, as I cannot believe a school would do nothing if several kids reported intimate text messages going on. I know they're only schoolkids themselves, but obviously from this report they knew it was wrong, hence I can't help wondering if they kept quiet about it for some reason.

In fairness to the kids, although they would (or should) know it was wrong, its a tricky subject & takes a lot of guts for another pupil to report to a member of staff, "Sir is having an affair with Megan" or similar.

If the kid who reports isn't taken seriously, the potential backlash of being labelled a grass, a nark, a tell tale, or anything else by your peers, would be a factor in many kids heads. I suspect it was one of those issue's where the kids chose to turn a blind eye rather than get dragged into the incident. Something many adults will do when they see an incident taking place in public - They choose to "rather not get involved". I'm not suggesting its right, but that's the way many people react. They do a 'Lord Nelson'.

The other thing I wonder? Have the school maybe tried to brush it under the carpet previously? Reports are suggesting, what was going on wasn't entirely top secret. In my experience, *some* schools have a history of burying bad news if possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here