Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teacher from Ringmer.... 15 year old pupil - LOST & FOUND

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
So apparently they were booked to come home on a ferry this morning, but did not board. Yikes!

Would guess that the booking of a return journey was part of the cover story. A man traveling with a girl on a single ticket is going to raise a little more suspicion then someone on a return ticket. Or all the news on twitter, facebook etc have forced them to go to ground.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

'You hit me just like heroin' are lyrics from a song called This Addiction by a band called Alklaine trio. 'I wanna wake up naked, next to you, kising the curve in your clavicle' are also lyrics from a song called Clavicle by the same band.... Song lyrics on a musicans twitter are hardly that interesting.

Obviously you could put 2 and 2 together and say they are something to do with the relationship mind....

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
At my school there was a biology teacher knocking off a girl of 14. It was quite known anong the other students especially the girls,

Seaford Head School by any chance? Our biology teacher allegedly had previous for exactly that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
At falmer, back in the 70's there was a French teacher who married the head girl...there was some issue about his having to go back to France to do his national service

That was a bit of a scandal at the time

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Going off topic a smidgeon, and not in relation to this specific case, but just in general: Age of consent law is such an arbitrary thing I find it bizarre. Where's the logic in assuming that one particular day (their 16th birthday) someone gains the ability to consent sexually that they didn't have mere hours earlier - and that this a rule that is applied to everyone regardless of IQ, street savvy, etc. And specifically within the UK. In many European countries the AoC is far lower, 14 throughout much of Eastern and Southern Europe and 13 in Spain (worldwide it ranges from 10 to 20). What makes Spanish, Italian or Hungarian teenagers mature emotionally so much faster - by two or three years - than ours, huh? Bear in mind the age of Consent in the UK was 10 until the late 19th Century when the Victorians suddenly hiked it up to 13 overnight, then to 16 a few years later. It's not that long ago that females (in particular) were commonly expected to be married with a couple of children by the age of, say, 14.

In terms of the law, there just has to be an arbitrary age set, because other factors such as you mention are too open to interpretation. There may be little or no difference in the mind of the person a week before and a week after their 16th birthday, but a line has to be drawn somewhere...

For me the main issue in teacher-public relationships shouldn't be the fact that the pupil is maybe a few weeks shy of 16, but that the teacher is in a position of trust and has a 'duty of care' for his/her pupils which he or she has clearly breached. That should be viewed as the far greater crime, in my opinion.

There are already laws covering this (abuse of a position of trust) meaning that the age of consent is actually 18 for a pupil/teacher realtionship (or similar)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I say this as a secondary school maths teacher aged 27.

First point, How stupid is he? why would you run away on friday morning, surely friday afternoon would be better as by 9am the school would have been aware that something was up but after school it could be a few hours before anyone knows.

Secondly; As a teacher you are in a position of care and responsibility and it would be horrific if a member of staff where I work was involved with a student. I find the idea sickening. No doubt there will be pupils who have a crush on their teacher. I had a crush on about 5 of mine when I was in secondary school, some of which I am now friends with on facebook. I cannot even begin to understand how somebody can work with teenagers in such a role and start a relationship that leads to them running away together, and how did this happen without anyone having any suspision that it was going on.

I hope they catch him and lock him up for a very long time. A school should be a safe place for the pupils to go without being pray for weirdos.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
watch her poor parents on the press conference and see the pain this fella has caused, based on his manipulation and abuse. even if she was legal its still absolutely abhorrent behaviour, the fella might as well have bundled her into a boot of a car the way he has obviously encouraged this and planned this, in my eyes. sorry a girl of 15 is not equipped to deal with this no matter how consensual he may convince himself it is. f***ing sickening. i dont think there are laws on the books to deal with this to the extent i would like this horrible piece of work dealt with.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I say this as a secondary school maths teacher aged 27.

First point, How stupid is he? why would you run away on friday morning, surely friday afternoon would be better as by 9am the school would have been aware that something was up but after school it could be a few hours before anyone knows.

Secondly; As a teacher you are in a position of care and responsibility and it would be horrific if a member of staff where I work was involved with a student. I find the idea sickening. No doubt there will be pupils who have a crush on their teacher. I had a crush on about 5 of mine when I was in secondary school, some of which I am now friends with on facebook. I cannot even begin to understand how somebody can work with teenagers in such a role and start a relationship that leads to them running away together, and how did this happen without anyone having any suspision that it was going on.

I hope they catch him and lock him up for a very long time. A school should be a safe place for the pupils to go without being pray for weirdos.

sorry perkino just seen your post you are spot on, put much better than my "daily mail" rant.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
I was speaking to a (female) maths teacher from this school on Thursday before all this kicked off. She was concerned only about the possibility of OFSTED coming in. The head invited them as they want to become a training school and so need to be 'outstanding'.

The head must be absolutely livid with this guy.

I reckon she will be back by Thursday.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
sorry perkino just seen your post you are spot on, put much better than my "daily mail" rant.

Young girls may try their best to look grown up but 5 minutes in a classroom and you notice just how young they are mentally. I know one guy who is now married to a student he used to teach who is 14 years his junior but for me I don't understand how people even start forming relationships.

If a teacher met someone 10 years down the line then I can maybe understand it but school children all have so much growing up to do

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
What is slightly more concerning is the school were aware of the situation but he was still able to piss off abroad with her!

It may turn out that the school found out and spoke to him so he decided the only way for them to be together was to run away as if he had stayed he may have faced jail time. I'm not excusing it but it may be that the school had only just become aware of it

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Couldnt he wait until she was 16? Or is that still not right Pupil teacher relationship.

I will say and im not defending the teacher girls look older younger these days. I was in Malia 2 weeks ago and im 25 got talking to some girls from Hove who I would have said were 23-24 as I was talking I suddenly had that feeling of Im talking to somebody very young here I asked " how old are you" she replied " im 20" to where her friend giggled. Turned out they were both 16 on holiday with there parents who let them out for 1 night.

I still to this moment keep thinking how can I have been so wrong but they looked like adult women.

Hope they find her soon

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: Teacher from Ringmer.... Megan Stammers

Couldnt he wait until she was 16? Or is that still not right Pupil teacher relationship.

I will say and im not defending the teacher girls look older younger these days. I was in Malia 2 weeks ago and im 25 got talking to some girls from Hove who I would have said were 23-24 as I was talking I suddenly had that feeling of Im talking to somebody very young here I asked " how old are you" she replied " im 20" to where her friend giggled. Turned out they were both 16 on holiday with there parents who let them out for 1 night.

I still to this moment keep thinking how can I have been so wrong but they looked like adult women.

Hope they find her soon

Your mistake is excusable and the girls lied about their age. You only had your gut instinct to help you out. That teacher clearly knows all the necessary information but still choose the wrong course of action.

In this type of relationship 18 is the legal age for such a relationship. Then there can be no such accusation of abuse of position (theoretically).

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Hope they find her soon

Come on be honest, you tapped that up didn't you :thumbsup:

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I was always under the impression that this could not be if the girl was under 16, obviously I have misunderstood the law.

See the words ABOVE your highlight - it's a crime! 100%.
Just not life threat according to report, due to the highlighted bit.
He's in deep shit, whatever the girl thinks of him!

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Seaford Head School by any chance? Our biology teacher allegedly had previous for exactly that.

He was a shortarse pratt and i forget his name.....******* or ******* maybe.
It was King's Manor in S-b-s.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Terrible situation. When will all this bad press for Bishop Bell end? :whistle:

lol. that made me giggle uncontrollably while i was trying to keep up an air of concerned dignity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here