Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TANK has another year...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Les Biehn said:
I'm sorry, and I know this will get me shit, I think Butters adds experience and quality at the back but Mayo adds neither. His tactical awareness on the pitch is very poor so I'm not sure what he adds on the experience side and he isn't really good enough for this league.

Yep, if it was anyone else but Kerry people would see just how bad he really is.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
nobody's dupe said:
. . . . . and equally Earnest, I hate to tell you this too. You're going to shit yourself when you see the full retained list. Do yourself and all of us a favour now, go and hang yourself from Stoneham Park railings.

Good god, not Oatway. If they resign Oatway as well as Mayo I may just boycott all games next year.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Yep, if it was anyone else but Kerry people would see just how bad he really is.

Guy is probably slower than Kerry but doesn't get caught out anywhere near as often.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Les Biehn said:
Good god, not Oatway. If they resign Oatway as well as Mayo I may just boycott all games next year.

I could understand the resigning of Mayo and Hart, especially if it is in their contracts based on playing a required number of matches. But Oatway I really don't see any point in resigning unless it is in a coaching role.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
seagull4life said:
I could understand the resigning of Mayo and Hart, especially if it is in their contracts based on playing a required number of matches. But Oatway I really don't see any point in resigning unless it is in a coaching role.

But why would we sign him on even in a coaching role? Everyone keeps saying he is well liked and great to have around the place but I'm not sure if that qualifies someone to be a good coach.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Les Biehn said:
But why would we sign him on even in a coaching role? Everyone keeps saying he is well liked and great to have around the place but I'm not sure if that qualifies someone to be a good coach.

If he has any sense at all, he will have done his badges whilst he was out injured for 18 months. Would have given him something to do.

That would make him qualified, technically, but just how many coaches do we need?

I was never really his biggest fan as a player anyway. He got plenty of shit on here, that's for sure. I would hope that any contract offer was pay-per-play.

Definitely see him as our gaffer one day

pdMTSOP0019.jpg

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Chicken Run said:
I would be amazed if he's earing anymore than 50k pa

ssshhhh dont say that - Richie will be WELL upset.

Well done Tank - I think the future of our defensive youngsters depends on him being around to guide them through as he has done with Harding and Lynch.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Well I dont know why we got rid of Henderson.

By far the better keeper....

Utter bollox... best deal we've done in ages getting rid... at a profit too...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
I'm sorry, and I know this will get me shit, I think Butters adds experience and quality at the back but Mayo adds neither. His tactical awareness on the pitch is very poor so I'm not sure what he adds on the experience side and he isn't really good enough for this league.

Spot on!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Congratulations to Guy and Race... well-deserved new contract for the big fella... he was great last season...

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
seagull4life said:
But Oatway I really don't see any point in resigning unless it is in a coaching role.

I wish you and Les would make your mind up. Do you wish our Chas did "resign" or stay? You both say one thing, then you both seem to gabble on in another direction.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Les Biehn said:

BUT have you even spoken to any of the younger squad members about Mayo? (please no comments about chicken sandwiched etc)

I know that Harding found Kerry a great help and he was always offering advise and encouragement which is what a young squad needs. Each year we go on about tried and tested players with experience - I doubt many have more experience than Kerry

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Great News, I am very please Guy is staying on for another year and even more so that we will get the pleasure of Race for another season too.
;)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
nobody's dupe said:
I wish you and Les would make your mind up. Do you wish our Chas did "resign" or stay? You both say one thing, then you both seem to gabble on in another direction.

i thought I had made it clear i can't see the point in resigning him in any capacity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here