Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TANK has another year...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Richie Morris said:
I would LOVE to earn what Butters does...

If you could play football as well as him you could.

It is a case of supply and demand it would seem that DW thinks that he cannot get anybody better than Tank at the same rate so give him a a new contract.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think giving Butters a new deal, if slightly reduced, is probably fair enough.

Would have been more sensible if Mayo had not already been given an extension.

Just seems with Mayo, Hart and Butters getting new deals not much will change.

Of the three, I would have given just Butters one.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Richie Morris said:
I think giving Butters a new deal, if slightly reduced, is probably fair enough.

I agree.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Les Biehn said:
Can you answer my question Race darling :wave:

Sorry!

Erm dunno Les, I suppose if he was asked to he'd do as his told!! He's well chuffed to be have been offered another playing contract though.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Richie Morris said:

Mark Spitz couldnt backstroke as fast as you !:censored:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Race said:
Sorry!

Erm dunno Les, I suppose if he was asked to he'd do as his told!! He's well chuffed to be have been offered another playing contract though.

Just wondering because wasn't he doing his badges and helping out with the youth. I may be totally wrong there and it was just another of my Guy Butters wet dreams.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Race said:
Sorry!

Fair play to him - he's earnt it. I trust you have something special planned for him tonight, to celebrate?:)

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Richie Morris said:
I think giving Butters a new deal, if slightly reduced

You're obsessed with this reduced money business!! Believe me, I think even you would be shocked if you actually knew the facts and figues!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't rate Butters as much as some but it makes sense to keep ONE older defender on.

I would rather that be Butters than Mayo, albeit only on a reduced wage and only if we could not get anyone better.

I certainly would not keep him on with a top wage and play him in the starting team.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Les Biehn said:
Just wondering because wasn't he doing his badges and helping out with the youth. I may be totally wrong there and it was just another of my Guy Butters wet dreams.

Yeah he's just to got to do his assessement now for his Level 2 badge, then that is sorted. He will do Level 3 once he's retired, as that is lot more complicated and time consuming!

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Richie Morris said:
I don't rate Butters as much as some but it makes sense to keep ONE older defender on.

I would rather that be Butters than Mayo, albeit only on a reduced wage and only if we could not get anyone better.

I certainly would not keep him on with a top wage and play him in the starting team.

OK Richie we know what you think, but pretty much everyone disagrees with you so let it be. Guy has been great for the club and had a great season last year, If we'd let him go then there would be a heck of a lot of moaning about the lack of an experienced head at the back

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Richie Morris said:

What do you consider a top wage? I'd be really interested to know.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Race said:
Yeah he's just to got to do his assessement now for his Level 2 badge, then that is sorted. He will do Level 3 once he's retired, as that is lot more complicated and time consuming!

Is the exam Multiple choice !:lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Race said:

Well I for one hope he does get involved in the coaching side. Yes, I am a bumsuck.

Just think that we would do well to get players doing their badges involved in coaching, saves money on bringing other coaches in and helps new coaches come through.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Excellent news, well done to the big fella, very much deserved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here