Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TANK has another year...

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
I think he was quoted as saying £75k but even he admitted he was misquoted!

Do you honestly believe the club can afford to shell out the kind of money you have been talking about on here?!!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Race said:

Do you honestly believe the club can afford to shell out the kind of money you have been talking about on here?!!

It was so long ago I couldn't remember but that may well be the case Race.

I don't expect all our players are on high but some will no doubt be on better than others and if someone like Virgo was in a £75k a year area then I would expect a senior player like Butters to be on more.

I don't see what is unreasonable about suspecting our top paid players are on £3k or upwards a week.

No doubt players like Gatting, Fraser et al are only on £200-£300 a week.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Race said:

So anyone suggesting £2k a week or more for any Albion player present or suggested signings is talking complete bollocks ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagullible said:
BUT have you even spoken to any of the younger squad members about Mayo? (please no comments about chicken sandwiched etc)

I know that Harding found Kerry a great help and he was always offering advise and encouragement which is what a young squad needs. Each year we go on about tried and tested players with experience - I doubt many have more experience than Kerry

Isnt that what coaches are for, I can see your point but all the time the budget is streached I would rather it was spent on someone who can make a difference on the pitch.

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Best news Ive heard for a long time ...excellent... my first :drink: tonight will be a toast to the big fella and my second:drink: and my third:drink: and my fourth:drink: and my fifth:drink: and my sixth:drink: followed by a short:drink: then a cycle home..

well done guy:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Race said:
No appliances this time, but we need some new fencing :thumbsup:

Really? How many metres long and how high? I could do you a top quality fence at a bargain Albion price...

Feather edge? Close board? Picket? :)

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Great News. Life would not be the same without Butters heading out of defence all match long. Don't know how you do it Guy. When I played in the 50's one Header and my head hurt for a week! Mind you the balls were a bit heavier in those days.

Good as well that Race will be entertaining us for another season.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Richie Morris said:
Adam Virgo was on £150k a year when he was here and that was after signing his FIRST proper pro deal (similar to the one Harding turned down).

I would imagine Butters to be on a better deal than a THIRD of someone in Virgo's position.

Bollocks. I was there. No where near. In fact, get off your knees, your blowing this thread.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Goodfella said:

Another year of 'er indoors for you then Race ???

:blush:

Well he is going to need looking after and who would wash his training kit? :lol:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Race said:
:blush:

Well he is going to need looking after and who would wash his training kit? :lol:

Phew! Suprised you have time to go on the computer at all.

Seriously, good news, PG.:bowdown: it must be stressful not to have financial security.

My guess is that GB is on £1,500 a week.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
does it actually matter what the players earn, my customers dont ask wot i earn, if they did, i wouldnt tell them, its there business not ours.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
[ Mind you the balls were a bit heavier in those days.

[/B][/QUOTE]

what about the ones you had to head?!!

D

Deleted User X18H

Well done Guy and to think you did'nt want to come here in the first place and now you'll have done 5 years

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
hove born&bred said:
Well done Guy and to think you did'nt want to come here in the first place and now you'll have done 5 years

He chose us over Gillingham in 2002.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here