Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Sussex v Somerset, LVCC 1, Hove, 4-7 September***

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fantastic knocks by Muzza and Nash, setting it all up nicely for a Prior cameo blast in the morning.

Neither looked troubled, great batting.

I'd be quite happy for these two to bat til lunch and then some....

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Glad I chose Thursday as my final days cricket of the year.
Plus: Get to see Muzza play his final knock at Hove, lets pray for a ton, it would be a fitting finale.:clap2::bowdown:
Negative: I have Tay as company for the day, bet he dosnt buy another £5 hot dog like last Saturday:eek::ffsparr:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Why can't we bat like this First Up when it matters? :annoyed:

Oh well, end of term and all that, I didn't think we were good enough to end up Runner-Up in the Championship but we should have won one of the 1-Day Titles given how we dismantled the opposition on a regular basis in the regular season.

With Muzza going it I think it is time for a shake-out and the signing of quality middle order batsman, sadly I have no idea who he is!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Have been to both days and today was the best day's cricket that I have seen in a while.

The pitch is lively. Fairly green if you bowl short of a length, but some foot holes and rough patches that will turn it into, as Tony Greig once said, a mother f@cker.

Sussex bowled superbly today, but in both innings Somerset have got their lengths wrong.

Hatchett is a young Jason Lewry.

Need another 150 to negate Trescothick.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
When I first saw Lewis Hatchett two years ago i remarked that he is "Baby Jason". A good prospect I reckon.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Glad I chose Thursday as my final days cricket of the year.
Plus: Get to see Muzza play his final knock at Hove, lets pray for a ton, it would be a fitting finale.:clap2::bowdown:
Negative: I have Tay as company for the day, bet he dosnt buy another £5 hot dog like last Saturday:eek::ffsparr:

Im doing a packed lunch , sod that for a lark , £5 for a poxy hotdog , id rather donate it to the Save Pnut's Bi-Curious Focals fund

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Have been to both days and today was the best day's cricket that I have seen in a while.

The pitch is lively. Fairly green if you bowl short of a length, but some foot holes and rough patches that will turn it into, as Tony Greig once said, a mother f@cker.

Sussex bowled superbly today, but in both innings Somerset have got their lengths wrong.

Hatchett is a young Jason Lewry.

Need another 150 to negate Trescothick.

Only saw yesterday's play but it was one of the best day's cricket i've ever seen after an ominous and slightly dull first 6 or 7 overs.

Hatchett looked fantastic when he changed ends

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Nash caught behind for 126.

Sussex clearly going to lose now.

Aldridge Prior

Aug 3, 2010
Good to see Worcestershire making a fist of their match:

Worcs 60 all out (FFS) and 151/5 (FFS)
Warks 471/8 dec

I played for Warks once. I made 350 not out.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Well done Murray :clap2:

I'm sure he got a standing ovation.

_39356230_goodwin203.jpg

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Against the West Indies whom had Malcolm Marshall, Joel Garner and Michael Holding all playing...no doubt:lolol:

Bet the Windies wish they had players like that in their team now. They were amazing.

Didn't Malcolm Marshall pass away a while back? What an awesome bowler he was.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Bet the Windies wish they had players like that in their team now. They were amazing.

Didn't Malcolm Marshall pass away a while back? What an awesome bowler he was.

Yes, poor Malcolm died of cancer some time ago. Think he was barely over 40 when he died. One of the best quickies ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here