Warwickshire 471/8d

Depressing picture of the day No. 1
149519.2.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With most bowlers you can seem to compare one era with another e.g Joel Garner and Curtley Ambrose, but with Malcolm Marshall you cannot. I cannot think of a single bowler like him or to compare him to. An out and out quickie that was short and a skiddy sort of action that the ball seemed to gain pace after pitching....any comparisons anyone?

He was very special. Not as quick as Holding, nor as tall or aggressive as Garner, but still easily the BEST bowler amongst them (not that the others weren't great too). Incredibly rare for a bowler to have so much pace AND skill. Magical cricketer.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
He was very special. Not as quick as Holding, nor as tall or aggressive as Garner, but still easily the BEST bowler amongst them (not that the others weren't great too). Incredibly rare for a bowler to have so much pace AND skill. Magical cricketer.

The smoothest action.... just beautiful to watch.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Som 134-0

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
GOT HIM

Panesar to Trescothick, OUT
ME Trescothick b Panesar 71 (162m 116b 11x4 0x6) SR: 61.20

:clap2:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Marvelous ending to a great days cricket, the Goff was unplayable, reckon he will pepper the tailenders.

Last day of the season, football all the way soon.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Went again today, good week to have off!

Sussex bumbling along nicely then the obligatory collapse. Somsert going nicely, then they thought they would collapse. Oh and that 6 nearly landed in my pint.

No evidence for this next statement, but I do wonder if Yardy will continue.

Oh and Brown needs a winter split between time with Bruce French and playing Grade Cricket.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Cracking day spent in good company , things looked ominous as Treecoffik as the tannoy announcer liked to call him , and suppiah piled on the runs , 1 wicket just 1 wicket and they will fold like a pack of cards was the general consensus, and only the end of day 3 play stopped that , The Goff was fired up and seemed to take a particular disliking to nightwatchman Kirby who required a new helmet after a viscous bouncer .

Goodwin seemed very comfortable at the crease and thoughts of a farewell ton looked very much on , sadly this did not happen and he was bitterly disappointed but as he trudged off the pitch slapping his pads with his bat it sunk in that this would be the last time i would see the great man carrying his bat for sussex .

Id like to thank Wellsy HG ,the mound mob, and the page 3 girl whos name ive forgot (easy come easy go ) , for a memorable day .

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here