Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Sussex v Somerset, LVCC 1, Hove, 4-7 September***

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Ah well it looks like I have seen the last of Sussex this season as I can't get back to Hove until Friday and this one is not going to go 4 days.....

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hatchett to Mahmood, OUT
SI Mahmood b Hatchett 5 (10m 15b 0x4 0x6) SR: 33.33

Let's hope the last one gets SKITTLED quickly.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
New batsman:
zetori-christmas-kirby-9223.png

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
134 all out

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Any reason why Hatchett has not played more games this year? Only 22 but seems to get wickets on the regs.

Jul 20, 2003
is it 110 overs for bonus points this season?

if so Warks need 2 runs from 8 balls

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Ah well it looks like I have seen the last of Sussex this season as I can't get back to Hove until Friday and this one is not going to go 4 days.....

bugger, me too

Is the pitch anything out of the ordinary? I assume they asked for a result pitch to be prepared (though aren't we on drop ins so that's not too easy). Monty to get through this tail for a 50 lead then...
I don't think so. We were there for the entire day yesterday and whilst they was a far bit of playing 'n missing I thought we just batted poorly (yet again). Goodwin looked fine until he chased a wide(ish) one and whilst Somerset are a decent bowling team we never put them under any real pressure; our guys tended to play themselves in for 25-30 mins and then get out, leaving Joyce increasingly moribund until he also succumbed.
At the end of the innings I thought we were about 75-100 short, although today's effort by Somerset negates that shortfall. Tbh, they're not really much of a batting side and you can make a case for their tail starting at 4 or 5.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Any reason why Hatchett has not played more games this year? Only 22 but seems to get wickets on the regs.

With our bowling strength, it quite difficult for him to get in. But hopefully this performance will give Robbo a problem for Next Season. I used to play Cricket with him, for St james. The guy is a sheer talent and very scary in the Nets! His nickname we used to have for him was Thumper, because the way he strides in you can hear the Ground rumble under his feet. Very proud of him!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not nearly as knowledgable as some of you folks, on this, as its pretty much impossible for me to watch any CC action live these days, but it seems so PAINFULLY clear, that the side is in desperate need of an anchor in the batting line up.

Someone to play the role of a Trott or a Boycott (without the run outs, preferably).

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I'm not nearly as knowledgable as some of you folks, on this, as its pretty much impossible for me to watch any CC action live these days, but it seems so PAINFULLY clear, that the side is in desperate need of an anchor in the batting line up.

Someone to play the role of a Trott or a Boycott (without the run outs, preferably).

I've been saying this for a while, since we lost Grizzly (Adams). Hopefully now with Goodwin retiring, we will be able to bring an anchor man in but we do seem to struggle against the bigger Counties on bringing in this type of Batsman.

At the final day of the Durham game at Arundel this year, when we tried manfully to cock-up chasing 93 to win, one of the older Sussex members commented out loud that we've never really replaced Montgomerie. Same topic came up in the deckchairs during the afternoon session at Eaton Road yesterday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At the final day of the Durham game at Arundel this year, when we tried manfully to cock-up chasing 93 to win, one of the older Sussex members commented out loud that we've never really replaced Montgomerie. Same topic came up in the deckchairs during the afternoon session at Eaton Road yesterday.

I'd forgotten Montgomerie. I'd agree - exactly what seems to be currently missing.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Here's Murray for the last time at Hove :clap:

34, LBW is my prediction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here