Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Sussex v Somerset, LVCC 1, Hove, 4-7 September***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Story of the season this, batting collapses and Goodwin failing to score over 20.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
From 217/6 to 221ao :facepalm:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
which means Warks just need to reach 300 and win - and they're champions. I think.

A very good season on paper - runner-up (probably) in the Championship, and losing semi-finalist in both the cups. Surely beyond anyone's expectations?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
which means Warks just need to reach 300 and win - and they're champions. I think.

A very good season on paper - runner-up (probably) in the Championship, and losing semi-finalist in both the cups. Surely beyond anyone's expectations?

I thought we would struggle to stay in div 1 of the championship but possibly collect silverware in a one day or 20/20 format, so, probably a good season although it promised much more.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It doesn't go down at all well on the Sussex CCC Messageboard, who seem to think that we concede wickets due to Voodoo, but the last two years have consistently shown we cannot bat in County Championship Games, especially in the First Innings.

We urgently need a Batting Coach.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It doesn't go down at all well on the Sussex CCC Messageboard, who seem to think that we concede wickets due to Voodoo, but the last two years have consistently shown we cannot bat in County Championship Games, especially in the First Innings.

We urgently need a Batting Coach.
And some batsmen prepared to grind it out. Amla will do :lolol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Also it will be very difficult to replace Goodwin. A world class batsman not playing international cricket is almost impossible to get long term these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here