Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters who aren't rich are not required.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm a big fan of the porsche. I had Porsche posters on my wall when I was a kid. Always liked to play with porshe toy cars. Got the porsche stickers and annuals. Any little trinket that was shaped like a porsche or emblazoned with porsche insignias I'd buy.

I can't afford a porsche, but feel I'm such a fan, Porsche should reduce the price of the car so I can afford it, but apparently they won't, because they're only for rich people.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If I've read the other threads correctly, at the beginning of the season the club made public the 3 ticket thing for the last matches. Therefore, you've had nearly a whole season to save - not really rocket science is it ?

Or why not miss three games at home at the start of the season, put the money in an envelope and then buy the three tickets for the last three matches

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
£25 a game I spend (can't afford the internet charge). Look, I can only afford match tickets at a time with my income. Season tickets are just too expensive for me.

This just makes no sense whatsoever.
You are a regular at Withdean, so you are often spending £50 a month on tickets, sometimes more presumably depending on when the fixtures fall. Yet a season ticket at the Amex, which you could get for as little as £33 a month, is apparently beyond your pocket ?

How does that work then ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I do trust you can understand why I think you are a wind up, I know my season ticket this year cost a lot less than £500. The cheapest were £373, the dearest was £484, if you missed out on the early bird prices then you could still have got East stand seats for £439, and South Stand for £489. And there were staged payment options on all these, £77 a month for 5 months would have got you in the East Stand, you pay that much a month already for pay as you go tickets and away tickets. Sorry if you are genuine, but it seams you've simpley missed the oppertunity here, you really cant go blaming the club for this. As for not wanting to commit up front because you don't want the risk, well I can assure you, that is the same for pretty much everyone who buys a ST.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
You are a regular at Withdean, so you are often spending £50 a month on tickets, sometimes more presumably depending on when the fixtures fall. Yet a season ticket at the Amex, which you could get for as little as £33 a month, is apparently beyond your pocket ?

becaus eI could be made redundant this summer and the risk of setting up direct debits onb my account would be too riskey.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
So in a nutshell: you don't earn enough or have enough job security to afford to go to see the Albion. How is that the club's fault? Do you complain to the pubs because you can't afford beer? That is simply how capitalism works. I feel for you because I got made redundant recently and also can't afford matches until I get a new job, but don't blame the club for your money problems, it's just a sad fact of the times.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
becaus eI could be made redundant this summer and the risk of setting up direct debits onb my account would be too riskey.

And that's the club's fault how exactly? If people haven't got the guaranteed income to fund £40 a month for a year then football tickets shouldn't be high on their priority list

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If I've read the other threads correctly, at the beginning of the season the club made public the 3 ticket thing for the last matches. Therefore, you've had nearly a whole season to save - not really rocket science is it ?

In fairness though, I think teh tickets for these games only went on "General Sale" today, after most had been snapped up by Blue members and the Gold members utilising the +2's. Although we've know about it all season, teh opportunity to actually buy them hasn't been around all season.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
I do trust you can understand why I think you are a wind up, I know my season ticket this year cost a lot less than £500. The cheapest were £373, the dearest was £484, if you missed out on the early bird prices then you could still have got East stand seats for £439, and South Stand for £489. And there were staged payment options on all these, £77 a month for 5 months would have got you in the East Stand, you pay that much a month already for pay as you go tickets and away tickets. Sorry if you are genuine, but it seams you've simpley missed the oppertunity here, you really cant go blaming the club for this. As for not wanting to commit up front because you don't want the risk, well I can assure you, that is the same for pretty much everyone who buys a ST.

So everyone who buys a season ticket has an income of 650 quid a month? pays 400 p/m rent which leaves 250 quid for food, bills, pubic transport and a seaon ticket?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
So everyone who buys a season ticket has an income of 650 quid a month? pays 400 p/m rent which leaves 250 quid for food, bills, pubic transport and a seaon ticket?

Football tickets should be the last thing on your mind if what you have posted above is true and frankley I am very surprised you have been able to go to so many games in the past based on £250 minus food and bills each month. Sorry buddy, but it's just not making any sense to me

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Im 25, I've been paying rent for the last 9 years of my life. Working in shitty jobs getting paid peanuts. I've never once in my life had enough for a season ticket but in truth never needed one. I've also not wanted one as it means I occasionally get the chance to sit with my dad at games whenever I get the chance to see him. 500 quid for me is too much to spend in a day.

My mrs is disabled and I am her carer, for my troubles I get a whole £31.50 a week on top of our other benefits and we have afforded my st for last season (5 payments) this season (5 payments) and next season (12 payments) all since I left full time work to look after my mrs, not saying it's easy but it's about budgeting and making sacrifices mate. You decided not to save money for yourself by getting a st this season (guaranteeing ALL home league games and priority at falmer), a bit shortsighted to then have a moan that you can't get a ticket for the last gat at withers really IMHO

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
And that's the club's fault how exactly? If people haven't got the guaranteed income to fund £40 a month for a year then football tickets shouldn't be high on their priority list

Its why I can't afford a season ticket, I'm not blaiming the club for that. I'm pissed off that I'm missing the last 2 fixture which only went on sale today and have already sold out, because I basically can't afford a season ticket. Why should season ticket holders be allowed to purchase an extra 2 tickets over a ordinary match ticket buyer? MONEY!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not if its for a purchase on a season ticket.

Err...yes, you can. Its your bank account, nobody can take money from your account without your consent. If you want to cancel a d/d then that is 100% your decision and your right.

Of course it would presumably mean you would then have to forfeit your season ticket back to the club (unless you would actually be expecting them to let you continue attending for free, which given your posts on the matter so far, wouldn't surprise me).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Presumably, when a month comes along where money is tight, car service, Christmas, whatever, then that month Falmer spends £0 as that's just how it is. Whereas a DD commits you to that payment each and every month no matter what has leaked out of the car and needs fixing.

I think Falmer has a point, and it's something that worries me. The cost of football these days is HUGE and that leaves us with a whole generation of kids who unlike us, don't grow up able to afford to go to a game on the Saturday out of their paper-round money. Of course there are some "youngsters" at games, but i do worry about the next generation of fans, and whether football has simply priced them out of it. If they don't get into that glorious "habit" of going to live games, then the chances of them being lifers at the football is greatly reduced.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
My mrs is disabled and I am her carer, for my troubles I get a whole £31.50 a week on top of our other benefits and we have afforded my st for last season (5 payments) this season (5 payments) and next season (12 payments) all since I left full time work to look after my mrs, not saying it's easy but it's about budgeting and making sacrifices mate. You decided not to save money for yourself by getting a st this season (guaranteeing ALL home league games and priority at falmer), a bit shortsighted to then have a moan that you can't get a ticket for the last gat at withers really IMHO

With my income, I dont have anything to save from. I can only afford to pay by match. Otherwise I would have to sacrifice the more important things in life which i wont.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here