Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters' facilities at F...sorry, our new stadium

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But when we get Falmer all the bad fans and moaners will be STH's as well, so there shouldn't be a problem!

If we have a 20k+ stadium, what will be the point in having a ST?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

The same reasons why the majority of people have a season ticket now I would imagine - Cheaper, less hassle etc

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The same reasons why the majority of people have a season ticket now I would imagine - Cheaper, less hassle etc

Bringing in this 'smart card' which I understand will run in a similar way to an Oyster card will be a lot less hassle. It will be possible to get a ticket via your mobile phone.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Personally I believe that we'll have a lot more STHs when we get to the new Stadium. I don't have a ST any more, I just pick and choose my games, but that's really because the Withdean experience has ground me down over the last few years.

I will renew my ST when we get to the new ground - hopefully in a part of the ground where like minded people want to be, to support the team, rather than sit in silence and/or moan.

I want the home end at the new ground to be like it is when we go to an away game. Loud and passionate.

If having a Supporters Club Bar (I think a small yearly membership would work, with visiting fans being able to join/pay a nominal fee on the day) helps sell more beer to loosen the home support's vocal chords then I'm all in favour.

:drink:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I would hazzard a guess that the STH's currently have renewed on an annual basis as it is almost a habit of doing so.

When we first came back to Brighton...:bla::bla::bla::bla: STH's were the only way really to guarantee getting in the ground.

Now with a ground holding 9k ish, we struggle to fill over half of it, therefore obtaining tickets is infinately easier than before.

assuming the club looks at this swipe card basis where you are allocated a ticket by phoning/internet etc there will be no point in getting a ST at all ( Sorry Yorkie just read your post above)

What I dont want is breeze block corridors with understaffed, under stocked, undrsized catering outlets and a couple of TV screens showing SSN.
It would be good to get local schools / youth organisations involved in the decor murals and graffiti art. Get some interest going with the young'uns and a cheap way of brightening up breeze block corridors.
The pub idea is great but as has already been said, would anybody use it on days other than match days ?
Oh, and we have a roof ?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...assuming the club looks at this swipe card basis where you are allocated a ticket by phoning/internet etc there will be no point in getting a ST at all ( Sorry Yorkie just read your post above)

unless, like most clubs, season tickets offer both the first choice of seats, a seat with your friends/like-minded people, first dibs at big cup ties (home AND away), promotional DVDs etc, and a significant discount for paying upfront and for all 23 games.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think one of the suggestions being looked at is a season ticket option but for a sit where you like area so that you can sit with mates. Does that make sense? I know what I mean but not sure how to word it.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
unless, like most clubs, season tickets offer both the first choice of seats, a seat with your friens/like-minded people, and a significant discount for paying upfront and for all 23 games.

Not wishing for forsee something that has yet to happen, but with the costs of the stadium rising daily and the fact that it will be a "financed" stadium, I take it that discounts will not be in the frame.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not wishing for forsee something that has yet to happen, but with the costs of the stadium rising daily and the fact that it will be a "financed" stadium, I take it that discounts will not be in the frame.

Then they won't sell many - it's simple supply and demand - and nearly every other football club in the country DOES significantly discount their season tickets.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Then they won't sell many - it's simple supply and demand - and nearly every other football club in the country DOES significantly discount their season tickets.

which is the catch 22 situation.

A mate is a Bolton Wanderers STH and his discounts have been whittled away as the reality of financing the stadium has hit home ( it has nearly taken Them to bancruptcy twice now)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
So it comes down to the same old equation... 10000 @ £15 or 6800 @ £22 - and only the club have the detailed figures for bar/merchandise/programs/stewarding costs etc... to work it out in cash terms, and balance it against the value of having more people, better atmosphere, long-term supporters etc...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think one of the suggestions being looked at is a season ticket option but for a sit where you like area so that you can sit with mates. Does that make sense? I know what I mean but not sure how to word it.

I think the phrase you are looking for Yorkie is UNRESERVED SEATING. I think it is an excellent idea, and would be preferable behind one of the goals, so that we can make some noise. Donny was very quiet in the first half, but in the second, when Donny were attacking the 'home' end, they made a decent effort (which is more than can be said for the 22 players).

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So it comes down to the same old equation... 10000 @ £15 or 6800 @ £22 - and only the club have the detailed figures for bar/merchandise/programs/stewarding costs etc... to work it out in cash terms, and balance it against the value of having more people, better atmosphere, long-term supporters etc...

absolutely - although I would hazzard a guess that the financing cost of Withdean will be a fraction of Falmer

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So perhaps there should be a membership fee required to use it ?

yeah, we can have gold ,silver and blue members and if you show a stub from last years JPT Millwall game you get fast tracked to a special counter where you can also purchase members only pies.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
yeah, we can have gold ,silver and blue members and if you show a stub from last years JPT Millwall game you get fast tracked to a special counter where you can also purchase members only pies.

Will there be members-only forks?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We need a decent trophy cabinet/area where we can display replicas of all of our past glories - and that includes the Charity Shield!

what about dispaying the pies that they have on offer,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here