Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters' facilities at F...sorry, our new stadium

At this stage, the VITAL thing is to ensure that the fans' bar/pub/club is kept OUT of the stadium catering franchise that will no doubt start to be negotiated in the next few months.

We need a place that we can gather BEFORE we go through the ticket barriers to our seats. That way we can meet up with chums an hour or so before we go into the ground - irrespective of where our seats are. And we need a place where we can congregate AFTER the game while we wait for the queues on Falmer station to die down.

Not impossible to achieve, I believe.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As the stadium is going to be a community stadium the idea of OUR pub/club/bar is more feasible , not only for footie supporters but those groups using the stadium on a daily basis. No doubt the stadium will have a function room/restaurant so there could be a symbiotic relationship between what we want and what the stadium franchisees have set up.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If anything drastically alters the planning conditions our friends from the north will demand another public enquiry.

Looking forward to the new place AND the Albion museum.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Wombat - a place for a potential bar has already been identified, and no plans would need to be changed. As I say, the idea is a goer, is already under discussion with the people who matter, and given the amount of people who will be in and around the stadium on non match days I'd say there is potential for pub style opening every day. The Dark Star Brewing Co have already told me that they'd be very interested in being involved in the beer set up and would be prepared for 7 day opening.

As I say. things are already being discussed. I just wanted to put some ideas into the public domain. The pub idea is certainly less contentious than the convertible seating one!!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A few real ales in this pub of ours at our new stadium which will be frequented for an hour before and an hour after each game on.................... 25 occasions during the season ?

I can imagine how that ale is going to taste.

I think we have to be realistic and say how viable is that. Any way 90 % of all beers sold would be lager anyway. NSC may have a few bitter drinkers but Knight and Perry wont be worrying about you lot.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
HUNDREDS of Albion fans drink real ale. Anyway, it wouldn't be a problem, because the ale would be kept in tip top condition by people who do that for a living! And if by some bizarre change in the lifetime habits of loads of people you were proved right, the real ale would be taken off!

Enough on this from me for now. Be interested to read further thoughts later.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can you imagine how long it would take to serve everybody? The one in Shoreham goes into panic if they have more than 3 people waiting...

They've got a couple of YEARS to sort out how to serve everybody that wants one. Not rocket science. People want chips. People want burgers. Some want a bit of chilli on top. Some want a bit of blue cheese on top. Jeez! How hard can it be? How about preparing a hundred of the fuckers ten minutes before half-time? That might work. And have vendingf machines to sort out the tea wallahs. That'll cut the food-queueing time. I've only ever queued for a burger once at half-time at Withdean in all these years. Hate queues more than I love burgers. Caterers have lost out on a shitload of money from this potential punter alone. When they get smart, they might get rich.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The one in Shoreham goes into panic if they have more than 3 people waiting...
Quite right too , an Uncle Sams is the ultimate in fast food. One of the reasons to make a pilgrimage back to Brighton at least once in your life if you no longer live there.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
At this stage, the VITAL thing is to ensure that the fans' bar/pub/club is kept OUT of the stadium catering franchise that will no doubt start to be negotiated in the next few months.

We need a place that we can gather BEFORE we go through the ticket barriers to our seats. That way we can meet up with chums an hour or so before we go into the ground - irrespective of where our seats are. And we need a place where we can congregate AFTER the game while we wait for the queues on Falmer station to die down.

Not impossible to achieve, I believe.

Spot on, or else we'll have to drink elsewhere.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm quite willing to stop off at the Lansdowne in Lewes on the way. They do a fine pint. I'm sure the club would rather have the profits though.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I think the club should do whatever makes the most profit and keeps the costs as low as possible. Soulless? Perhaps, but then this is the real world; do we want a football club that is successful or one that concentrates on catering to niche needs? Yes, hundreds of Albion fans drink real ale, but thousands don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here