Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supporters' facilities at F...sorry, our new stadium

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cant see the attraction of hanging round an empty football stadium after a game ......if I wanted to have a drink, I would head into town for a drink at a pub designed for such. at the best of times!!!
Football grounds are soul less places

Dave you answered your own question the bar would have to be such that it was comfortable so that like minded people could sit and chat about the game and drink and eat to contentment.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nail on head, Alan. It's the difference between hundreds of us giving our matchday drinking money to the Albion or someone else. And Albion fans deserve our own bar!

John....if you play Teenage Kicks one more time, I am going to personally come round to the press box and ram the cd up Paul S's arse:rant::rant::rant::rant:

We need more Supertramp

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
John....if you play Teenage Kicks one more time, I am going to personally come round to the press box and ram the cd up Paul S's arse:rant::rant::rant::rant:

We need more Supertramp

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oohhh threats of violence !!!!!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Dave you answered your own question the bar would have to be such that it was comfortable so that like minded people could sit and chat about the game and drink and eat to contentment.

yes but this place here proves we are not like minded people at all.....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
HUNDREDS of Albion fans drink real ale. Anyway, it wouldn't be a problem, because the ale would be kept in tip top condition by people who do that for a living! And if by some bizarre change in the lifetime habits of loads of people you were proved right, the real ale would be taken off!

Enough on this from me for now. Be interested to read further thoughts later.
You're right Attila. The reason everyone thinks footy fans don't drink real ale is because they're largely never given the choice because those that win the franchise are always the biggest brewers who sell the biggest brands because......they're able to bid the most and that's what wins bids! Not that I dislike Carlsberg etc but it would be nice to have a choice.

Now, those that criticise the Majeski ought to remember that it's the only stadium I've been to where they serve you easily and quickly, mainly because they buy-in hard (but plastic) bottled Fosters and sell for rounded up prices, so fans can grab 5 bottles etc for £15 cash without waiting for half an hour whilst change is sourced and pints are poured 1 by 1 in the slowest fashion possible. Keep it simple Albion. You'll earn more.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I work for a major blue-chip company that’ll be in the bidding for the catering rights. Whilst everyone moans about nostril burgers etc, you should know that we can supply the finest steak burgers too or anything else for that matter; it’s just more expensive obviously. And there lies the issue - as with any out of home foodservice providers, it’s the greed of the retailer that prevents sensible pricing – margin is everything. I worked out that a typical £3.50 cheese burger at Withdean is bought from a company like mine for no more that 30p inc bread bun, sauce and napkin etc. Obviously the Caterer’s must pay Ecovert a rental fee thereafter, but that probably still leaves an enormous sum of profit given the nature of the product. We’ve just become conditioned to accept crap food for rip-off prices at any outdoor event – but then that’s marketing for you!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
We’ve just become conditioned to accept crap food for rip-off prices at any outdoor event

Agree entirely. It's as if, on entering a football ground, we are invited to go back 20 years, disengage our brains and force down revolting food that we wouldn't ever eat in real life.

Who decided that thousands of people need to be patronised in this way? All I'm arguing for is choice. All the time stadium "catering" can't get beyond vile food and gassy beer served in disgusting conditions, I'm always going to be going somewhere else. And so will thousands of others, if they've got any sense. Eat at Withdean? Hot needles and eyeballs come to mind...

This is the chance for Falmer to be a beacon of excellence that caters -- in every sense - for what real fans actually want. And, this being cosmopolitan Brighton, and not Croydon, we should have the style and the imagination -- and above all the motivation - to do it properly.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Real ale is definately the way to go!

I cant wait to try and get a sneaky pint in at a quarter to three, along with thousands of other people behind me while some tosser in front sniffs, swills, asks the ABV, who brews it, marks it out of ten in his poxy little book, drinks a bit again, asks to see the landlord because 'it doesnt taste the same as the last time I had it in, just let me check in my book; The Sad Bastards Arms in Spacklington in 1979. Could I swap it for something else. I dont know what I want, could I try a sample of them all and go through the same f***ing performance again?'

All while standing the way of every other paying customer who just wants a pint before they watch the game!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Real ale is definately the way to go!

I cant wait to try and get a sneaky pint in at a quarter to three, along with thousands of other people behind me while some tosser in front sniffs, swills, asks the ABV, who brews it, marks it out of ten in his poxy little book, drinks a bit again, asks to see the landlord because 'it doesnt taste the same as the last time I had it in, just let me check in my book; The Sad Bastards Arms in Spacklington in 1979. Could I swap it for something else. I dont know what I want, could I try a sample of them all and go through the same f***ing performance again?'

All while standing the way of every other paying customer who just wants a pint before they watch the game!
The club can always do a sideline in Uzis or AK47s.

And watch the televised game that starts after 'regular' football has finished...before heading into town.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What about a nightclub?

That will be a no-no before we even start. There is no way the club would be able to obtain a licence to serve alcohol through the wee small hours. Not withstanding the noise issue from inside the room (admittedly minimal when heard from outside), there is the issue of egress at say, 3am. No trains, no buses and - most importantly - hardly any taxis, not to mention the stretched resources for the police. And then there's the locals...

I work for a major blue-chip company that’ll be in the bidding for the catering rights. Whilst everyone moans about nostril burgers etc, you should know that we can supply the finest steak burgers too or anything else for that matter; it’s just more expensive obviously. And there lies the issue - as with any out of home foodservice providers, it’s the greed of the retailer that prevents sensible pricing – margin is everything. I worked out that a typical £3.50 cheese burger at Withdean is bought from a company like mine for no more that 30p inc bread bun, sauce and napkin etc. Obviously the Caterer’s must pay Ecovert a rental fee thereafter, but that probably still leaves an enormous sum of profit given the nature of the product. We’ve just become conditioned to accept crap food for rip-off prices at any outdoor event – but then that’s marketing for you!

I've decided to stop off at a MaccyD's with my lad instead of putting up with the expensive crap at Withers. I certainly hope F is much much better although having said that many stadiums are even worse

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not bothered. Nice bar selling Grolsch , few skysports screens up and a bookies will do me

Spot on mate. Some sort of bar / lounge would be ideal and i really hope it happens as there aren't many pubs near by - Except i'd say DEF strongbow instead of Grolsch! :drink:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
No we shouldn't. Why do want to make away fans happy, and therefore noisier? Miserable and demoralised is what we want!

I think we SHOULD do something for them....only lace all the drinks with sleep-inducing substances and subtley play crushingly boring music in their end of the stadium during the match. 3 points here we come. :cool:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
*Think Attila's idea is a corker and am well pleased the club's listening favourably to it.

As I'd be travelling down for the games from Northernmost Londonia, I'd happily 'make a day of it' by gettin' to "The Seagull Tavern" or whatever it may be named by 12/1230ish for a few tipples, some food and banter. Always hoped this kind of outlet would be included in the set-up come the day.

Real ales, DECENT lagers and ciders would all go down well ... and decent Guiness too :drink:

Would also stay on afterwards to avoid the crush (what's the rush to suffocate on the train back?!).

*IF standing ever becomes a viable option (a la Dortmund, Schalke etc) all the better!

*Selling to you in your seat, 'last minute impulse' vendors INSIDE the stadium and greater food choices are also great ideas. How about adding a few Subway outlets to the equation?...at least those guys and gals know how to serve food quickly.

*My missus is Japanese so could take on the Seagull Sushi! :glare: Is the idea to serve actual seagull sushi though? ??? She prefers Yaki-Soba (stir-fried noodles) by the way!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Who said it was Atilla's idea?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here