Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland to make derisory bid for Bridders

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Haven't been away fatso, I'm here rain or shine.
I can take any stick on here, even your attempt at humour !
Chin up !

To be fair, you are a consistent poster. However, over 2 posts a day on a forum for fans of a team you don't even support does indicate a lack of a life.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Doesn't look like Poyet will be getting any funds in the January window..... is that the sound of someone hitting their head on a ceiling?

Sunderland are close to signing former Bolton defender Marcos Alonso on loan from Fiorentina but boss Gus Poyet is unlikely to get more funds in January.
It is understood owner Ellis Short is unwilling to invest in the team, meaning Poyet will have to sell before he can buy in the transfer window.
Poyet will otherwise have to continue with the club's transfer policy of signing free agents or players on loan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25528696

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Doesn't look like Poyet will be getting any funds in the January window..... is that the sound of someone hitting their head on a ceiling?

Sunderland are close to signing former Bolton defender Marcos Alonso on loan from Fiorentina but boss Gus Poyet is unlikely to get more funds in January.
It is understood owner Ellis Short is unwilling to invest in the team, meaning Poyet will have to sell before he can buy in the transfer window.
Poyet will otherwise have to continue with the club's transfer policy of signing free agents or players on loan.

NB highlighted bit above. He's probably been there long enough to get an idea of who he wants to ship out in Jan. Which might release funds to bid for Bridcutt - if anyone is mug enough to buy his cast offs.:lolol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
NB highlighted bit above. He's probably been there long enough to get an idea of who he wants to ship out in Jan. Which might release funds to bid for Bridcutt - if anyone is mug enough to buy his cast offs.:lolol:

So we are looking at a last day of the transfer window bid for Liam, assuming Gus can ship out some dead wood.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So we are looking at a last day of the transfer window bid for Liam, assuming Gus can ship out some dead wood.

Is Gus being kept in the dark here or is he just ignoring the fact that he supposedly has no money. Maybe it's just a bluff from Sunderland? I'm sure I read that he had his targets and expected some immediate activity on inward players on 01 Jan?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

TBH Gus will be better off sticking to the team he inherited because if they stay up he will be considered a hero with Sunderland fans, and if he goes down he can blame it on the players.

I think he has got them playing ok and he should concentrate on working with who he has got like Oscar is doing here for the start of his term. I don’t think Bridcutt has an automatic step in part to play and he won’t make or break their season.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Bridcutt when back to form is fantastic player in his midfield role, and thoroughly deserved his player of the season awards. Ulloa too, if he can stay injury free is a class act.

I don't care for Sunderland whatsoever or the whinging/manipulative Poyet, but wouldn't blame Bridcutt and Ulloa for moving to the PL in January. It is quite clear that the Albion 'project' abiding by FL FFP rules has lost any meaningful momentum, and as well as the massive pay hike, their careers are too short to waste time mid Championship.

Utter short termist bilge.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

Do you REALLY think TB is gonna play that game?!
The January transfer window is for selling clubs to move on the dead wood NOT sell your best players - Bridcutt is under contract until June 2015 and even if he does want Premier League football asap Bloom will insist he sees this season out and see where we end up first!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
TBH Gus will be better off sticking to the team he inherited because if they stay up he will be considered a hero with Sunderland fans, and if he goes down he can blame it on the players.

I think he has got them playing ok and he should concentrate on working with who he has got like Oscar is doing here for the start of his term. I don’t think Bridcutt has an automatic step in part to play and he won’t make or break their season.

Its a good point....part of there problem was that they had too many new players in the summer and there was a lack of cohesive teamwork

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
You remembered incorrectly.

8m having a laugh for gayle? Yes I know.

Good to see you don't know the difference between your and you're.

Jog on.

8 mill for Bridcutt you simpleton. It's great to be in position when we can poach all you're best players.

A spelling mistake? Is that all you've got?

Jog off.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
You and your?

Unlucky mate. Preaching about spelling really hasn't worked out for you has it?
I have no wish to be offensive but most of us forum readers are able to read through a comment and decipher exactly what it is that the writer is stating, anyway getting back to your original question i think he is worth more than we are likely to receive, unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here