Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland to make derisory bid for Bridders

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I love all these rumours....let's get this straight he's staying at a Premier (in waiting) club...end of!!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
You and your?

Unlucky mate. Preaching about spelling really hasn't worked out for you has it?

you really are a bit of a dick coming on a Seagull website starting rumours and then telling me (me) on another thread that I started to close it.

who the fxxx are you?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Doesn't look like Poyet will be getting any funds in the January window..... is that the sound of someone hitting their head on a ceiling?

Sunderland are close to signing former Bolton defender Marcos Alonso on loan from Fiorentina but boss Gus Poyet is unlikely to get more funds in January.
It is understood owner Ellis Short is unwilling to invest in the team, meaning Poyet will have to sell before he can buy in the transfer window.
Poyet will otherwise have to continue with the club's transfer policy of signing free agents or players on loan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25528696

When I see these stories I just take them as clubs using the media to go affect negotiations. We had it with the Argus article at the weekend suggesting the club was willing to sell Bridcutt and almost encouraging every team who has been interested in the past to come back and have another go, because wants the premier league, but perhaps would prefer to not have to go as far north as sunderland because of family and such, mentioning how the rumour Sunderland offer is below the club's value. Sunderland then get their story out that they have no money, hoping we don't hold them to ransom.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
8 mill for Bridcutt you simpleton. It's great to be in position when we can poach all you're best players.

A spelling mistake? Is that all you've got?

Jog off.

Our best players???

Murray on a free and £850k for Dobbie..... what planet are you on? How is the house elf getting on for you lot this season?

We turned down your bids for Bridcutt and Ulloa in the summer, what makes you think we will accept now?

How much of your transfer budget is left after the extensive work that has been carried out on the stadium?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I think £2M will be a cheeky opening bid which will instantly be turned down. Sunderland will be asked to increase their offer if they're serious about signing him. Gus knows he is worth at least £4M , the question is at what figure does Tony want to sell Bridcutt as the club will have their own valuation.

Agree with this....but throw in a sell on clause as well...if Sunderland go down...they might want to cash in on their assets.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
strikes me that Sunderland need more creative ploayers. Still think bridcutt will leave with barnes. 4M in the coffers. Conway and a midfield attacking option in,

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
strikes me that Sunderland need more creative ploayers. Still think bridcutt will leave with barnes. 4M in the coffers. Conway and a midfield attacking option in,

It will be a disappointment to me if Barnes goes just as Ulloa comes back. I think that they will make a really useful attacking combination. As Barnes can also help Ward defend and play wide on the midfield it would be a crying shame not to see how they combine and Barnes brings a lot to the team. When they have played together they have shown all the signs of being able to strike up an understanding. In short I think it would be a mistake to sell Ashley. I don't feel quite so strongly about Bridcutt, although I'd also like to see him stay

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

If they brought Bridcutt in, Ki could play further up the pitch in a more creative role than he is now - certainly talented enough to do it...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It will be a disappointment to me if Barnes goes just as Ulloa comes back. I think that they will make a really useful attacking combination. As Barnes can also help Ward defend and play wide on the midfield it would be a crying shame not to see how they combine and Barnes brings a lot to the team. When they have played together they have shown all the signs of being able to strike up an understanding. In short I think it would be a mistake to sell Ashley. I don't feel quite so strongly about Bridcutt, although I'd also like to see him stay

Even if Barnes won't sign a new contract? Meaning he'd be free to go where he wants in the summer and we'd get zilch?

Calculated gamble I suppose isn't it. Keep him and hope he does enough to get us up, or sell him and put it towards a new player.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Judging by what they need at the moment, I think the big threats for Bridcutt and Kuszscak could be Fulham. And West Ham might have a sniff at Ulloa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here