Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland to make derisory bid for Bridders

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Judging by what they need at the moment, I think the big threats for Bridcutt and Kuszscak could be Fulham. And West Ham might have a sniff at Ulloa.

Not convinced that the hammers will come in for Leo. Sullivan and Gold are very pissed off with the Carroll injury situation and Leo has only just returned from injury himself. Would they risk bringing in another possible injury 'prone' striker?
Big Sam may want him and he may be the right man for his style but that's only if he keeps his job which is looking unlikely. Although they stuck with Avram Grant when he was doing even worse the last time they were in the Prem!
Money is tight for them and I cannot see them spending what Leo is worth at the moment or sponsoring big Sam to the tune of another 5M +. I believe that Leo would rather stay here and take all the adulation for taking us up, whether that be this season or next.

A club may well come in for him but I'm not sure that West Ham will be one of them.

Just my thoughts for what they're worth.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Using my loaf. ...why would the club sell him when seeking the promised land...

We've got so much cover for him and we could get a premium price and put that money to good use to push us on. He's not the difference between us getting promoted or not.

Ulloa definitely is if he hits a purple patch, so can't see him going anywhere at all

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
personally i don't think anyone can be sure on anything re Bridcutt..thats all i have to say

Quite - A kid who is booked into nursery, another on the way very soon, and his partner's family are in in Berkshire.. Things like this all have an influence..

Fulham it is then.. :wozza:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We'll probably have bids for players but do we need to sell? Think about it...

This is why I think players will only go when the bid matches the top level of what we want. Every player has their price and the management team will know it. We don't NEED to sell anyone.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Because there would be no point keeping a player who was pissed off at being denied a go in the premiership and that money could be better spent on players that actually wanted to play for us? Not saying that's the case but would be a reason why.

I hope we can agree an Elliot Bennett type arrangement where we let him go at the end of the season if we don't go up.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
We've got so much cover for him and we could get a premium price and put that money to good use to push us on. He's not the difference between us getting promoted or not.

Ulloa definitely is if he hits a purple patch, so can't see him going anywhere at all

If it happens it happens but we've been through it all before....our squad looks very strong we don't need to sell....

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes

The difference between Liam and the other players is that he wants to go ASAP. This is well known and he has turned down a new improved contract to stay. If the right offer comes in then he will go, trust me.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We'll probably have bids for players but do we need to sell? Think about it...

We don't need to sell; the budget has been set for the season and will keep us within FFP. However, accepting a 3-4m bid for Bridders and using the cash to replace him and/or strengthen elsewhere could be a very good bit of business, particularly with the emergence of Rohan Ince.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Bloom isn't silly, and I don't expect him to roll over and have his belly tickled, certainly not by Sunderland.

Bridcutt will be with us to the end of the season with the assurance that if we don't make the promised land he will be allowed to move on in the summer if he wishes.

Why an earth would the club accept anything lower than 3 million for one of their prized assets who could play a key role in getting us to somewhere which is potentially worth millions.

In Bloom we trust.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Bloom isn't silly, and I don't expect him to roll over and have his belly tickled, certainly not by Sunderland.

Bridcutt will be with us to the end of the season with the assurance that if we don't make the promised land he will be allowed to move on in the summer if he wishes.

Why an earth would the club accept anything lower than 3 million for one of their prized assets who could play a key role in getting us to somewhere which is potentially worth millions.

In Bloom we trust.

Yes, I'm not too worried about Sunderland as they are very likely to go down. Having waited a long time for Premier League football, Bridcutt won't make the same mistake as Poyet and go to a team very likely to go down. The irony for Poyet is that if he waited, West Brom, Cardiff and Fulham have all sacked their manager and West Ham and Aston Villa may yet change manager. All are better options for survival than Sunderland (although Fulham may be debatable).

My concern is if someone like Villa, Swansea or West Brom come in for Bridcutt. But if they offer a significant fee (at least £4 million) and we have time to use the money (so not 31 January at 5pm), then I will wish him luck and trust Oscar/Burke to spend the money wisely.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yes. Fulham who have an INJURED Dutch international goalkeeper and a current very average back-up. I'm sure they'd like someone who can push Stekelenburg hard for a place.

Stekelenberg has a minor injury. Kuscszak will not want a repeat of his time at United getting splinters on his arse.

It's not a case of Fulham wanting him. It's a case of TK being a clear second choice again...and not even at a great team this time

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Yes. Fulham who have an INJURED Dutch international goalkeeper and a current very average back-up. I'm sure they'd like someone who can push Stekelenburg hard for a place.

Stekelenburg isn't out for long, a back up keeper is hardly what a side threatened with relegation needs.

They have Parker, Sidwell and Karagounis who all play a similar role to Bridcutt. I cant see them wanting an unproven defensive midfielder to save them from relegation personally, so i'm not at all worried by Fulham.

Meulunsteen will go abroad to sign players anyway.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That price is a massive p1ss take. I expect Liam to move on, but for a much higher price and to a better club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here