Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland to make derisory bid for Bridders

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Stekelenberg has a minor injury. Kuscszak will not want a repeat of his time at United getting splinters on his arse.

It's not a case of Fulham wanting him. It's a case of TK being a clear second choice again...and not even at a great team this time

I imagine a chance to move to a PL team where he has the opportunity to earn a place on merit would appeal given his recent comments. Fulham may not be the likeliest but I can't imagine he'd hold out too hard for a 'top' club. That would be unrealistic.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Stekelenburg isn't out for long, a back up keeper is hardly what a side threatened with relegation needs.

They have Parker, Sidwell and Karagounis who all play a similar role to Bridcutt. I cant see them wanting an unproven defensive midfielder to save them from relegation personally, so i'm not at all worried by Fulham.

Meulunsteen will go abroad to sign players anyway.

What they need is to stop shipping goals at a rate of knots and to freshen up an ageing midfield. I'd have thought Bridcutt would be a very good option.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I imagine a chance to move to a PL team where he has the opportunity to earn a place on merit would appeal given his recent comments. Fulham may not be the likeliest but I can't imagine he'd hold out too hard for a 'top' club. That would be unrealistic.

Do you really see him competing with the Dutch number one though? I find it very unlikely that he will leave to go to a team who are down the bottom where he would be very unlikely to be number one without injuries. If he moves, it will either be to a team at the bottom as first choice or a higher up team as back up.

As for Bridcutt, I don't see Fulham as a likely destination. If we are going to demand a minimum of £4 million, which is likely, how many teams down the bottom have that much to spend on a defensive midfielder? Not many I would imagine. They are looking for a player who will make the difference between relegation and survival at that price and I don't think Bridcutt would do that in the Premier League, at least not yet.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Do you really see him competing with the Dutch number one though? I find it very unlikely that he will leave to go to a team who are down the bottom where he would be very unlikely to be number one without injuries. If he moves, it will either be to a team at the bottom as first choice or a higher up team as back up.

Indeed. Ironically Sunderland would be a much better option. Westwood and Mignolet are the two keepers there. Much more chance of PIG outmuscling them than Stekelenberg (Who I can't believe is at Fulham and not someone higher up).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Indeed. Ironically Sunderland would be a much better option. Westwood and Mignolet are the two keepers there. Much more chance of PIG outmuscling them than Stekelenberg (Who I can't believe is at Fulham and not someone higher up).

Somebody better tell Brendan Rogers.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Mignolet's at Liverpool now. I take it you mean Mannone. And yes, he would have a better chance there but still think he would need to be guaranteed first choice to go to a team struggling. He could have a superb half season there and still be back down in the Championship.

I think Kuszczak will stay for now and then go for free in the summer if we don't go up and sign a new deal if we are promoted. I find it hard to believe that anyone will offer enough for him for us to accept and he will have more options on a free in the summer.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

The Mignolet mistake aside, fair point, although Stekelenburg hasn't got a good injury record so far which is what makes me wonder. That and Fulham's abysmal defensive record.

Last edited:

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
One of the most idiotic statements that I have ever read on NSC, if I may say so. Ince's potential is unlimited. The same cannot be said for Bridcutt.

yeah ok "zebedee" ! your puerile moniker pre warns any poster to your limited intellect regarding football or anything else for that matter ...if i may say so.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
yeah ok "zebedee" ! your puerile moniker pre warns any poster to your limited intellect regarding football or anything else for that matter ...if i may say so.

Limited intellect? Honours degree in English? If you say so Mick. I stand by my view that Ince will become one of the best players ever to wear the blue and white stripes and will command a heftier transfer fee than Bridcutt when he leaves. Happy New Year to you too. :thumbsup:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
ha ha ha ha ha ha ....! you are surely referring to Paul Inces son @Blackpool then yes ?! Cos Rohan is like bambi on steroids ....on ice....

It's just my opinion against yours here Mick, but I believe you are way off of the mark regarding Ince. He's far from the finished article but he's already a very useful player and had a lot of potential.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here