Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland to make derisory bid for Bridders

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If it's a done deal I doubt he'll be playing at Charlton & Blackpool. Should be a good indication.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
The article on the argus website seems to suggest to me the club have resigned themselves to losing him and are now playing the 'negotiate through the press' game, trying to encourage previously linked teams to bid to start a price war.

Or its just total b0ll0cks and Naylor hasnt got a clue - we had similar stories this time last year and to my recollection not a single bid was made publically!

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Done deals, he's on the way out definitely !!! I know we talk buckets loads of poo on here, me more than most. But let's get real and show Tony Bloom some respect. If and only if he does go it won't be cheap, and if it's to Gus it's going to be top dollar.
At present with an almost fit squad we can compete well in the championship and when Leo starts causing havoc in opposition defences I see us at least making the playoffs. I imagine the board will not in anyway move forward in January by weakening our playing staff. They are smarter than that..... I think ???

So it's a 'done deal' but the board wont move forward 'by weakening our playing staff'?!! Hmmmm :facepalm:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For ****S sake. Let's break it down

Liam Bridcutt:

Strengths
- Neat passer
- Composed

Weaknesses
- Small and relatively slow
- Not particularly strong/driving

Rohan Ince:

Strengths
- Large and relatively Quick
- Strong/Driving

Weaknesses
- Lack of composure
- Sloppy/Clumsy passing

Notice something? They complement each other's games perfectly. They are two halves of a whole.

Rohan Ince IS NOT A REPLACEMENT for Liam Bridcutt. He's nothing whatsoever like him. He's pretty much the exact opposite.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course, if how Gus acted was half as bad as many "in the know" suggest it was, there is NO WAY ON EARTH Liam would go join such an unprofessional manager...or are they talking shit for the 42,367th time? Hmm...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
For ****S sake. Let's break it down

Liam Bridcutt:

Strengths
- Neat passer
- Composed

Weaknesses
- Small and relatively slow
- Not particularly strong/driving

Rohan Ince:

Strengths
- Large and relatively Quick
- Strong/Driving

Weaknesses
- Lack of composure
- Sloppy/Clumsy passing

Notice something? They complement each other's games perfectly. They are two halves of a whole.

Rohan Ince IS NOT A REPLACEMENT for Liam Bridcutt. He's nothing whatsoever like him. He's pretty much the exact opposite.

Bridcutt plays a lot like Busquets:

"Now, the role as changed. It is no longer the “Makelele” role, but the “Guardiola” role. Whereas Makelele thought tackling was his main responsibility, the holding midfielder now sees his main job as to recycle possession. Build attacks. Claude Makelele was the prototypical holding midfielder, but the new breed is Sergio Busquets. Physically slight when compared to the burly Makelele the Spanish midfielder never the less plays an extremely important role for Barcelona with his positional sense and technical ability. Old-style holding midfielders such as Javier Mascherano are increasingly being converted to center-backs, where they fulfill a useful role in playing the ball out of defense while not sacrificing strength in the challenge.
Read more at http://worldsoccertalk.com/2012/11/27/the-role-of-a-central-midfielder-in-a-possession-based-team/#j4QfOutAmIqKGCiq.99"

This kind of thinking is where the 'Real Madrid' Gus quote came from. If we have to sell him, I hope it's to a much more progressive Spanish side. The Bridcutt & Ince combo will only work with a player such as Orlandi who can create and score goals in equal measure, we only have one player who can do this. (Crofts does not create too much, JFC needs more experience, Agustein gets one goal a century and Andrews does not create).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bridcutt plays a lot like Busquets:

"Now, the role as changed. It is no longer the “Makelele” role, but the “Guardiola” role. Whereas Makelele thought tackling was his main responsibility, the holding midfielder now sees his main job as to recycle possession. Build attacks. Claude Makelele was the prototypical holding midfielder, but the new breed is Sergio Busquets. Physically slight when compared to the burly Makelele the Spanish midfielder never the less plays an extremely important role for Barcelona with his positional sense and technical ability. Old-style holding midfielders such as Javier Mascherano are increasingly being converted to center-backs, where they fulfill a useful role in playing the ball out of defense while not sacrificing strength in the challenge.
Read more at http://worldsoccertalk.com/2012/11/27/the-role-of-a-central-midfielder-in-a-possession-based-team/#j4QfOutAmIqKGCiq.99"

This kind of thinking is where the 'Real Madrid' Gus quote came from. If we have to sell him, I hope it's to a much more progressive Spanish side. The Bridcutt & Ince combo will only work with a player such as Orlandi who can create and score goals in equal measure, we only have one player who can do this. (Crofts does not create too much, JFC needs more experience, Agustein gets one goal a century and Andrews does not create).

Agustien, Lopez and Orlandi could all play that role.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bridcutt when back to form is fantastic player in his midfield role, and thoroughly deserved his player of the season awards. Ulloa too, if he can stay injury free is a class act.

I don't care for Sunderland whatsoever or the whinging/manipulative Poyet, but wouldn't blame Bridcutt and Ulloa for moving to the PL in January. It is quite clear that the Albion 'project' abiding by FL FFP rules has lost any meaningful momentum, and as well as the massive pay hike, their careers are too short to waste time mid Championship.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
We're linked with Bridcutt again, also Joe Ledley.
With Ledley 6 months till the end of his contract, he will be the better option.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
With Ledley 6 months till the end of his contract, he will be the better option.

Not going to happen though is it. Asking price + the Palace tax will mean you won't pay what we want

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Not being rude but do you need any midfielders, I thought Pullis likes to take the midfield out of the game by punting it forward?

The popular myth of a Pulis team.
What I've seen so far, solid defence , high tempo pressing and lightening quick counter attacks, I'm happy.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Not going to happen though is it. Asking price + the Palace tax will mean you won't pay what we want

I don't want it to happen.
With Ledley available at around £500 k,he is the better option.
Can see Bridcutt going to Sunlund for £2 mill plus add ons.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The popular myth of a Pulis team.
What I've seen so far, solid defence , high tempo pressing and lightening quick counter attacks, I'm happy.

The palace fan I know has said you have gone a lot more direct since Pulis came in but he has got you organised and have a chance of staying up thanks to him.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Feckin Hell Pee Wee! Where have you been ? I've been disturbed by your absence....it couldn't be that your win today has given you the courage to come back thinking we won't take the pizz. .... Wrong :)

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Feckin Hell Pee Wee! Where have you been ? I've been disturbed by your absence....it couldn't be that your win today has given you the courage to come back thinking we won't take the pizz. .... Wrong :)

Haven't been away fatso, I'm here rain or shine.
I can take any stick on here, even your attempt at humour !
Chin up !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here