Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stunned by half-time bar exits

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The people buying beer are supporting the club though aren't they ?, financially. As I see it, its a free Country still and if someone wants to avoid the queues and have a pint after 35 minutes why on Earth should I give a flying f*ck ?.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
the mass rush for the exits did seem to happen earlier than other matches this season....but hey ho..long as thy don't block my view ..its up to them what they do...there loss if they miss a goal

CMS doesn't have to cue 20 minutes for a f*cking pint of Harveys!

Seriously though, wind your neck in. I don't get out much, paid 25 quid for a babysitter and
use going to the football as a social event, which includes drinking and eating. If this makes you
a super-fan and me a less than super fan - well I think I can live with that

I can't believe I'm having to justify this to you

Don't justify yourself to him.

I think he's fishing anyway, no-one can really be that precious.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If he's talking about the North Stand they were probably half-time bog exits rather than half-time bar exits. The queues for the mens toilets are stupidly long and, dunno, maybe even illegally so. Compare and contrast with what seems to be three sets of womens toilets with never any queues whatsoever.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Well that depends if you really are going for the football or a piss up away day.

If the latter then no matter how many away tickets you buy you ain't a real fan if you choose to drink beer rather than watch the Aibion

Get f***ed.

Absolute bollocks, fans like you kill a little piece of me inside.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Personally US I thought it was a bit more like rabbits in headlights, the occasion just got to them.

Closer to the truth I think. Slightly overawed - a bit like the Doncaster first half. Then Gus works his half-time magic, reminds his players they have every right to be out there pinging the ball about in front of 20000 like the Premier League players they watch on the telly, and the penny drops.

Unlike Withdean, you could argue that playing on a huge pitch in a great stadium now favours the likes of Liverpool if we get a good Cup draw, but once we're playing teams like that every week, we'll soon get used to it :thumbsup:

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Get f***ed.

Absolute bollocks, fans like you kill a little piece of me inside.

Ok explain it to me.

Why do you prefer to have a beer with 10 mins to go to half time?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If he's talking about the North Stand they were probably half-time bog exits rather than half-time bar exits. The queues for the mens toilets are stupidly long and, dunno, maybe even illegally so. Compare and contrast with what seems to be three sets of womens toilets with never any queues whatsoever.

"Illegal" :lol:

I've seen it all now. Welcome to my world! Football, the one place on earth where men get to experience what it's like to be a woman, and actually have to QUEUE for the toilets.

If I'm being honest, I bloody love it that you lot are queuing up while we just swan in and out. It's almost like karma for years of watching blokes dash in or just go and piss in a hedge or alley while we patiently (or not so much) stand in line for ages. All in facilities designed by men who failed to realise that by definition it takes longer for women to go than men, and thus built inadequate numbers of toilets.

The worm is turning, my friend, and I don't mind admitting to a little snigger every time I see it :lol:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sanctimonious moaning people who seem to stick their nose in other peoples business

Live and let live. If you seriously think me having a pie and 2 pints of Harveys denied BHA a draw you're mental

It's scientifically proven that for every 10,000 people in the ground for a match, the home team tend to score 0.1 more goals.

What's that got to do with someone smoking a bifter?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
"Illegal" :lol:

I've seen it all now. Welcome to my world! Football, the one place on earth where men get to experience what it's like to be a woman, and actually have to QUEUE for the toilets.

If I'm being honest, I bloody love it that you lot are queuing up while we just swan in and out. It's almost like karma for years of watching blokes dash in or just go and piss in a hedge or alley while we patiently (or not so much) stand in line for ages. All in facilities designed by men who failed to realise that by definition it takes longer for women to go than men, and thus built inadequate numbers of toilets.

The worm is turning, my friend, and I don't mind admitting to a little snigger every time I see it :lol:

Won't be that when we all start just pissing up against the walls :lol:

(and wouldn't take more than a half-hearted campaign to get one of the set of womens toilets converted into a set of mens toilets in time for next season)

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Ok explain it to me.

Why do you prefer to have a beer with 10 mins to go to half time?

You are saying that people who leave early for a beer, piss. or what ever are not proper fans. The most naive comment ive ever heard.

Your a joke.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
You are saying that people who leave early for a beer, piss. or what ever are not proper fans. The most naive comment ive ever heard.

Your a joke.

I just ask for an explanation.

I have already said I find it hard to understand why you would want to miss some of the match in preference to beer.

So may be you can explain?

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
I just ask for an explanation.

I have already said I find it hard to understand why you would want to miss some of the match in preference to beer.

So may be you can explain?

Are you new to this 'soccer' thing?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Your a joke.

its "you're". it was on telly box, why not stay in the pub instead if the beer was more important than the game?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Personally US I thought it was a bit more like rabbits in headlights, the occasion just got to them.

Exactly my interpretation Hillian, we looked as though we had stage fright. But by the end of the game, I was glowing with pride. Yeah I know we could of been dead and buried by half time, but we weren't. To see us pressurising and penning in (for a while) a great side like Liverpool, I can't really see why some others do not feel the same pride.

Back on topic, if people want to have a beer/coffee/pie/piss, what business is it of anybody else's? Personally I don't leave early at h/t or f/t unless I am busting, but I am lucky enough to live close by, and don't need to catch a train or bus home.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
its "you're". it was on telly box, why not stay in the pub instead if the beer was more important than the game?

i could not give 2 shits if its your or you're, f***ing grammar police - i shit em.

need to lighten up ffs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here