Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stunned by half-time bar exits

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Then please list your criteria for being a fan so we can emulate your perfect support for the club.

Beer then football then more beer

But let's not miss the football

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
It's simple... bar or football?
You choose bar it seems

I bet you're a riot at a party?

"Everyone is drinking too much, they won't remember anything in the morning, how very immature.. blah blah blah..- I think that man in the corner
is smoking a jazz cigarette.."

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
With they way we played in the first half I am suprised they did not go home. We should have been 6-0 down at half time. Utter SHIT. Poyet gifted the game to Liverpool and by half time it was game over. Dissapointed to see a Poyet BHAFC capitulate like we did last night. Didn't think it would happen under him.

Seriously US??

It could have been 4-2 at half time (rather than 6-0). It wasnt though. Could have? Should have?

Did Poyet gift the game to them (playing a 5 man midfield suggests otherwise)?

Did we 'capitulate'? hardly

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well I for one agree with [MENTION=19972]wallyback[/MENTION]. All those people in the bar instead of cheering the team on could have easily made the difference and got us an extra goal.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I bet you're a riot at a party?

"Everyone is drinking too much, they won't remember anything in the morning, how very immature.. blah blah blah..- I think that man in the corner
is smoking a jazz cigarette.."
What the f*** are you on about?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
What the f*** are you on about?

Sanctimonious moaning people who seem to stick their nose in other peoples business

Live and let live. If you seriously think me having a pie and 2 pints of Harveys denied BHA a draw you're mental

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can we ignore the bar thing here and concentrate on the fact that US has stated on this thread that our first half performance was one of the most pathetic he's ever seen from a BHAFC team? There is simply no smiley that will adequately convey the level of gobsmacked-ness I'm feeling in response to that statement.

I was sure he must be fishing, but then he reiterated it in another post.

I'm not saying we played WELL in the first half, US, but have the last twenty or so years of Albion history just been wiped from your mind in some sort of freak yachting accident?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
IMO the major issue here and what is causing the problem of people leaving theirseats early is the continuing VERY slow service at the food counters.

Last night I went down (I am on WSU) at half time as the whistle went. Straight to the back of the Queue. By the time I got to the front, they refused me beer as it was past 20.45 and they cannot sell alcohol past this time.

Maybe last night was slower because less STH (therfore more people paying cash) but the problem seemed to be lack of pre poured beer, thus resulting in very slow service.

Another issue IMO is the toilets, I know several people oh here have asked the club why there're isn't an entrance and exit to the gents, but we are told 'I will pass on your comments.'

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Sanctimonious moaning people who seem to stick their nose in other peoples business

Live and let live. If you seriously think me having a pie and 2 pints of Harveys denied BHA a draw you're mental

Was it just in my imagination when I saw CMS look up into the stands with 35 minutes gone to see hundreds of fans leaving for their HT pint. He looked crest fallen as he stare sadly at the turf shaking his head...

But may that was just me:lol::lol::lol:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
With they way we played in the first half I am suprised they did not go home. We should have been 6-0 down at half time. Utter SHIT. Poyet gifted the game to Liverpool and by half time it was game over. Dissapointed to see a Poyet BHAFC capitulate like we did last night. Didn't think it would happen under him.

My favourite NSC post of 2011, so far.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can we ignore the bar thing here and concentrate on the fact that US has stated on this thread that our first half performance was one of the most pathetic he's ever seen from a BHAFC team? There is simply no smiley that will adequately convey the level of gobsmacked-ness I'm feeling in response to that statement.

I was sure he must be fishing, but then he reiterated it in another post.

I'm not saying we played WELL in the first half, US, but have the last twenty or so years of Albion history just been wiped from your mind in some sort of freak yachting accident?

I may have exaggerated a little.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I thought the people that left early at the end of match were worse. What must it look like to the players to give Liverpool a good game and then at the final whistle see that fans have already left? I understand that the transport can be a bit of a nightmare for people so leaving early does have it's appeal, but still. From a selfish point of view the thing that annoys me the most about everyone going to the bar before half time and leaving early is how often my view is blocked.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
IMO the major issue here and what is causing the problem of people leaving theirseats early is the continuing VERY slow service at the food counters.

Last night I went down (I am on WSU) at half time as the whistle went. Straight to the back of the Queue. By the time I got to the front, they refused me beer as it was past 20.45 and they cannot sell alcohol past this time.

Maybe last night was slower because less STH (therfore more people paying cash) but the problem seemed to be lack of pre poured beer, thus resulting in very slow service.

Another issue IMO is the toilets, I know several people oh here have asked the club why there're isn't an entrance and exit to the gents, but we are told 'I will pass on your comments.'

Good point!

Our fans who prefer beer to football can then watch the whole game... if we get it sorted...

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I thought the people that left early at the end of match were worse. What must it look like to the players to give Liverpool a good game and then at the final whistle see that fans have already left? I understand that the transport can be a bit of a nightmare for people so leaving early does have it's appeal, but still. From a selfish point of view the thing that annoys me the most about everyone going to the bar before half time and leaving early is how often my view is blocked.

I kinda think those who prefer beer to football aren't bothered about blocking your view

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Was it just in my imagination when I saw CMS look up into the stands with 35 minutes gone to see hundreds of fans leaving for their HT pint. He looked crest fallen as he stare sadly at the turf shaking his head...

But may that was just me:lol::lol::lol:

CMS doesn't have to cue 20 minutes for a f*cking pint of Harveys!

Seriously though, wind your neck in. I don't get out much, paid 25 quid for a babysitter and
use going to the football as a social event, which includes drinking and eating. If this makes you
a super-fan and me a less than super fan - well I think I can live with that

I can't believe I'm having to justify this to you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here