Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stunned by half-time bar exits

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Perhaps all these people leaving 10 minutes early are mainly sat around you?
By the sounds of it, i'd probably leave 10 minutes early to get away from you, and have a beer to numb the pain of listening to your sanctimonious bollox!

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Perhaps all these people leaving 10 minutes early are mainly sat around you?
By the sounds of it, i'd probably leave 10 minutes early to get away from you, and have a beer to numb the pain of listening to your sanctimonious bollox!

Excellent. Try leaving 90 minutes early. You can have more beer!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why can't you drink beer in your seats? You can at the theatre, and concerts, and at the cricket and rugby?

Ok, i suppose i know the answer, but is it a club decision or a league one or an fa one?

It's the law.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Last night I left my seat on the dot of half time and with a division of labour (one in the beer line and taking it in turns for toilet visits) I managed for the first time to get a beer, drink it and have a waz and still get back to my seat for the second half.

the east stand just gets better and better

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I would never leave early at a football game ever even if we are 4-0 down at 43mins to Burton Albion! But in the North stand you can understand why, There is only one set on male toilets, and 2 refreshment bits. it took me the whole half to pay a visit and get a pie by the time I got to a beer they'd stopped selling!

Plus side I noticed they have increased the number of Harvey's and Fosters traders on the concourse which helped abit.

I missed the pre match big screen video anyway I can find it again?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
How dare they have freedom of choice and the chance for a stress free slash and a fair pie hunt before the masses exit too.
My grandparents fought wars against people like you !!!

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Excellent. Try leaving 90 minutes early. You can have more beer!

Leave almost an hour before kick off??

Where would the fun be in that?

I'd much rather leave 10 minutes early and be content in the knowledge that i've given some sad f*cks something to moan about!

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
How dare they have freedom of choice and the chance for a stress free slash and a fair pie hunt before the masses exit too.
My grandparents fought wars against people like you !!!

LOL You can do as you wish.

It just surprises me that so many choose beer over football

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Leave almost an hour before kick off??

Where would the fun be in that?

I'd much rather leave 10 minutes early and be content in the knowledge that i've given some sad f*cks something to moan about!

You are the proof of the pudding, and no doubt pudding shaped.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Hands up if you missed the start of the BHAFC comeback cos you were off having a pint before HT?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hands up if you missed the start of the BHAFC comeback cos you were off having a pint before HT?

FFS give it a rest. You do what you want at a match and others will do what they want. Quite why you want to make yourself look a complete bellend is beyond me.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
IMO the major issue here and what is causing the problem of people leaving theirseats early is the continuing VERY slow service at the food counters.

Last night I went down (I am on WSU) at half time as the whistle went. Straight to the back of the Queue. By the time I got to the front, they refused me beer as it was past 20.45 and they cannot sell alcohol past this time.

Maybe last night was slower because less STH (therfore more people paying cash) but the problem seemed to be lack of pre poured beer, thus resulting in very slow service.

Another issue IMO is the toilets, I know several people oh here have asked the club why there're isn't an entrance and exit to the gents, but we are told 'I will pass on your comments.'

This is very true. There is no way you could wait until the whistle, queue for some refreshments and have a pee without missing 10 minutes plus of the start of the second half.

I gallopped out of the stand on the whistle, took one look at the kiosk queue and realised a pint of Harveys was a no-no from that source and made my way to the mobile Harveys stands. One was already empty and the other gave up the ghost with us still miles back in the queue ten minutes later. By then there was no time for a pee before the game started again. Not a moan - just an observation of events during a very enjoyable night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here