Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockport County - into admin

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Incorrect.

Why would they declare that they need the administrators now then? Why not wait to see what the new season brings?

They will have 10 points deducted now.

If I am wrong, I will post a pic of myself kissing a photo of Alan Mullery on here.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Why would they declare that they need the administrators now then? Why not wait to see what the new season brings?

If I am wrong, I will post a pic of myself kissing a photo of Alan Mullery on here.

Looking forward to it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Perhaps one of the creditors has issued a winding up order against the club. If they cannot service the debt any longer, it leaves them no CHOICE but to get the adminstrators in (they've also had their bank account frozen).

The whole point of the League changing their rules on when they incur the 10 point deduction is so that clubs can't "do a Leeds" and try to take the penalty when it will make no difference.

Stockport cannot be relegated this season with that deduction, therefore they will start next season on -10.

Looking forward to seeing the pic.

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007
The points will be deducted this season. The points would only be deducted next season if they were going to be relegated anyway this season - like S*uthampton.

Wrong
The points will be deducted next season as deducting them this season would have no effect as they would not get relegated. Same with Southampton. They are already relegated so the 10 point deduction this season would have no effect.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
I don't know why you lot are so worried. You already have S*uthampton on -10 and with Charlton (R) in your division, that is surely two relegation places taken.

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
Herbicide, I'm afraid that you have got the rules all wrong and now I think we'd like to see the picture of you puckering up to Mullers please.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
So that totally goes against league rules, the ruling is if they go into administration after the 3rd Thursday in March the league can either give the penalty at the end of the season if it would send a safe team down or would deny a team a playoff or promotion spot or if it would have no effect on the relegation or promotion they defer it to the next season.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Come on then, when's the Premier League apologist gunna come along and declare the game is in the healthiest state we will ever see...

Gotta feel for Stockport.:censored:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Come on then, when's the Premier League apologist gunna come along and declare the game is in the healthiest state we will ever see...

Gotta feel for Stockport.:censored:

Exactly. How many clubs will it take to go into administration for the money rich Premier League to care. Judging by the FA's reaction to our issues over the Goldstone, they couldn't care less either. Clubs are going to start going out of business and still nothing will be done to redistribute the money in the game.

This is another sad day for football. Gutted for Stockport, I wish the club and it's fans all the best for the future (except for Saturday afternoon).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here