Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockport County - into admin

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I sympathise with Stockports position especially as their MD or Chairman was on Sky last weekend saying they would not go into admin this season and were preparing for next but how will this affect any possibility of us signing Gary Dicker.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You know absolutely nothing about what has been happening at Stockport over the past few months and you have no f***ing idea quite how hard the board have been trying to salvage the disaster left by a now sacked ex md and an ex chairman. You have no idea how close County were to surviving and paying the entirity of their debts in full before a venture capital firm closely allied to the now sacked ex md and ex chairman forced us into admin this afternoon.

So please forgive me if I ignore your uneducated bollocks.

well said....hope people realise how easily this could be us

the fee we have paid to get Dicker here to the end of the season seems (in the view of Stockport insiders) to effectively have been a transfer fee - not sure how that can be but suspect that one way or another he is our player

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
the fee we have paid to get Dicker here to the end of the season seems (in the view of Stockport insiders) to effectively have been a transfer fee - not sure how that can be but suspect that one way or another he is our player

Illegally signing a player whilst pretending it's a loan....massive points penalty next season and certain relegation? Not so fanciful an idea?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Illegally signing a player whilst pretending it's a loan....massive points penalty next season and certain relegation? Not so fanciful an idea?

Surely its a fairly simple loan with a view to a permanent? It happens all the time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the fee that we paid Stockport to loan Dicker and Forest paid us for Lynch is like a deposit against an eventual purchase then we have done something that I have been advocating for a few years that should happen with the loan market. Only players the club is prepared to allow to leave should be loaned out and the borrowing club should pay £10% of their transfer value. If they eventually sign the other 90% is paid but if like we have had the player turns out to be a flop Sam Williams? then we just pay that fee to borrow him and lose it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You pick any member of the England national team, their monthly wage would have stopped this happening

Some players should remember where they came from to get where they are. I am not saying donating money, but just be more discreet about showing off how much they earn

A complete tosspot like Ashley Cole earns enough in a year that would probably have saved Southampton, Stockport, Darlington and Luton going into administration

The powers that be at The FA should do something about it, but they care more about how many step overs Ronaldo will do or how many times John Terry wins a header

Hi Ashley, listen, another League 2 club decided to shoot for the moon, its all gone wrong and they need 2 million of your money to bail them out. Do you mind?

Seems a popular view on here, and I can't quite fathom why? We all hated Leeds and Leicester for going massively in debt to get a better team, and taking advantage of the laws to get out of it - but if Ashley Cole pays, oh thats OK then.

Darlington squandered millions on higher wages, transfer fees and a massive white elephant of a stadium, it didn't work out and now they're in trouble. If Ashley feels so generous to give money to lower league clubs, then why not give them to well-run clubs such as Crewe or the ALBION

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
If the fee that we paid Stockport to loan Dicker and Forest paid us for Lynch is like a deposit against an eventual purchase then we have done something that I have been advocating for a few years that should happen with the loan market. Only players the club is prepared to allow to leave should be loaned out and the borrowing club should pay £10% of their transfer value. If they eventually sign the other 90% is paid but if like we have had the player turns out to be a flop Sam Williams? then we just pay that fee to borrow him and lose it.

Really like this idea BG, agree with you here!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

That would work on long term loans but not shorter ones. If you have a player who is worth say £300,000. Would you want to pay a few of £30000 for a months loan?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hi Ashley, listen, another League 2 club decided to shoot for the moon, its all gone wrong and they need 2 million of your money to bail them out. Do you mind?

Seems a popular view on here, and I can't quite fathom why? We all hated Leeds and Leicester for going massively in debt to get a better team, and taking advantage of the laws to get out of it - but if Ashley Cole pays, oh thats OK then.

Darlington squandered millions on higher wages, transfer fees and a massive white elephant of a stadium, it didn't work out and now they're in trouble. If Ashley feels so generous to give money to lower league clubs, then why not give them to well-run clubs such as Crewe or the ALBION
At last a bit of sense. Ashley Cole was not running Stockport County so why should he or indeed any Premiership player or club bail them out? There is this perception that the Premier League has somehow hoovered up all the money that used to find its way down the leagues and that's why clubs like Stockport are in the state they are. There is obviously a bit of truth in that, but a lot of the money the Premier League has generated is 'new money' that didn't exist before the PL was formed, specifically investment from abroad and new services such as subscription TV (Sky).

If the answer is "well they're really rich and they should help out the less fortunate" I'd agree - but let's have it through the whole of society and not just football.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
It's possible that a cva may get done. The biggest creditor possibly holds about 50 to 70 % of the debt and it's not hmrc.

you need 75% of a yes vote to a cva. ken bates got 75.2% and had an agreed cva that everyone (well apart from hmrc and the likes of me, were happy to accept) but hmrc just stepped outside of that and started their own legal action outside of the fl rules.

good luck. you will need it with those c unts at the fl.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

That is why I never said it should be a financial donation, just be discreet about showing off their "earnings"

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

So what happens if you have young players coming through who one club wants to get first team football (much better than reserves) and is useful to a lower division club to cover injuries for a couple of months. I understand the logic for moves that might be made permanent but I don't think all loans should be with a view to a permanent move.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
At last a bit of sense. Ashley Cole was not running Stockport County so why should he or indeed any Premiership player or club bail them out? There is this perception that the Premier League has somehow hoovered up all the money that used to find its way down the leagues and that's why clubs like Stockport are in the state they are. There is obviously a bit of truth in that, but a lot of the money the Premier League has generated is 'new money' that didn't exist before the PL was formed, specifically investment from abroad and new services such as subscription TV (Sky).

If the answer is "well they're really rich and they should help out the less fortunate" I'd agree - but let's have it through the whole of society and not just football.

I think the example of Ashley Cole is due to some of the comments he makes and the way he flaunts his wealth. To accuse Arsenal of "insulting him" by offering "only £55,000 a week" when clubs are going into administration is disgraceful.

Also, with Leeds it was different. Bates sold the club to another company owned by him and that was what really irritated people. With Stockport you get the feeling that they really tried to avoid administration but had the rug pulled from under them whereas some clubs just go into administration to keep their current players and come out of it better off financially.

The current board tried. They REALLy tried to avoid it.

Sadly the previous board had left such a f*** up it was impossible to avoid.

All it needs now is for companies house to investigate what on the surface seems to have been a mistating of accounts for the last 3 years and we will be really f***ed.

mongoose

Jul 24, 2007
Sounds worrying readingstockport, sincerely hope things turn around up there. like many i believe this case to be genuine unlike Leeds etc

Well we have no saleable assets. We have no non-footballing source of income. We have nothing except a hope that someone steps in offers to take the club out of admin.

Liquidation is a real possibility. A very real one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is the Dicker deal similar to the one we had with Millwall a few seasons ago in relation to McCammon. It was a loan deal until the end of the season, and if we stayed up Millwall received an extra £15,000.

It could be the case tomorrow that Stockport receive extra cash from us if we are not relegated.............leading to a conflict of interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here