Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still think we’re safe?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Watford have a worse GD and the same points atlas West Ham and they have City and Arsenal as their last 2 games. I’d certainly rather West Ham won. It would mean Watford would have to beat City or Arsenal to go above us if we lose all 3 which is highly unlikely. It would also mean a point from one of our last 3 would probably mean Watford need a win and a draw v City and Arsenal. So can’t see how we’d want them to beat West Ham personally.

I assume he is working on the assumption that if West Ham lose they would need to beat Villa to go above us (assuming they lose to Man U) ... thus taking 3 points off Villa that they would need to go above us ?

I think

Maybe

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Said same to mate earlier. Never ever underestimate Albions ability to snatch defeat from jaws victory. If one team is capable of finishing in bottom threee against all odds a few games ago then it’s us. The number of short memory happy clappy rose tinted utter JCL goons who follow our club and don’t know it’s DNA pre 2011 is appalling. But those of us who’ve been in it for an age know precisely what we’re capable of doing!

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A lot of presumptions from the Villa fan regarding them getting 4 points and us none. The remaining fixtures are about as good as you could wish for - not against relegation rivals which become 6 pointers, and we've just had our batterings from the moneybags Top 4 chasers.
Literally everyone below us would give their left bollock to be in our position.

Southampton beat Manchester City in their last home match, we nearly ended up losing to Newcastle last season in an identical situation (IF it comes to needing a point or three) and then having to go up to Burnley. Yuk! How Jay Rodriguez would love to send us down.

I think we'll still be ok but how has it come to this?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Nope, didn't think we were anyway. Before today I thought we needed another point, now I think we need two. Win this week and I'm done.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Southampton beat Manchester City in their last home match, we nearly ended up losing to Newcastle last season in an identical situation (IF it comes to needing a point or three) and then having to go up to Burnley. Yuk! How Jay Rodriguez would love to send us down.

How has it come to getting 7 points since the return, double over Arsenal, and going from 2 points above the drop to 5 points above the drop with 3 games to play after playing the 3 best teams in the league. How do we do it!? :D:hilton:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Because West Ham play Villa last day. If they are both behind us by then, they can't both overtake us.

Ah yes but a West Ham win means they’d go above us anyway if we lose to saints so that doesn’t really work. Also worth noting Everton villa is before Watford v West Ham so if Everton win Villa can’t catch us so most def a Watford win if that’s the case.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Said same to mate earlier. Never ever underestimate Albions ability to snatch defeat from jaws victory. If one team is capable of finishing in bottom threee against all odds a few games ago then it’s us. The number of short memory happy clappy rose tinted utter JCL goons who follow our club and don’t know it’s DNA pre 2011 is appalling. But those of us who’ve been in it for an age know precisely what we’re capable of doing!

Spot on.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we need 3 points, however we get it, same as beginning of the week.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Assuming Bournemouth and Villa both lose another game at some point before the end of the season, all we need is a point in the case of Bournemouth winning two, and to make sure our GD doesn't take too much of a hammering. If we can't manage that then we'll only have ourselves to blame

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We will pretty much know the requirements before we set foot on the pitch at Southampton.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

You mean how have we managed to be 5 pt ahead of the relegation zone, considering the awful run of games we had?
I don't know. Maybe because we have a great squad of well prepared players and a manager who know what he's doing....

How do you think it came to this?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
One point should be enough but we're not a team playing in a particularly coherent way at the moment, we lack confidence, there are too many selection changes for every game, we continue to play out so stupidly and so badly from the back and it remains to be seen whether we have the will to win or fight for a scrappy draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here