Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still think we’re safe?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One point should be enough but we're not a team playing in a particularly coherent way at the moment, we lack confidence, there are too many selection changes for every game, we continue to play out so stupidly and so badly from the back and it remains to be seen whether we have the will to win or fight for a scrappy draw.

City aside I have not seen us lacking the will to fight this season. I don’t recall another game where our heads went down and we gave up.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
One point should be enough but we're not a team playing in a particularly coherent way at the moment, we lack confidence, there are too many selection changes for every game, we continue to play out so stupidly and so badly from the back and it remains to be seen whether we have the will to win or fight for a scrappy draw.

Leicester away

4 games ago

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
All that Sweet Caroline garbage at Carrow Road and the happy clappers proclaiming Potter had proven his worth now looking a bit silly. Potterball looking more of a disaster game by game and give away goal by goal.

This is going to the wire and we could very easily go winless based on pre lockdown evidence.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Southampton beat Manchester City in their last home match, we nearly ended up losing to Newcastle last season in an identical situation (IF it comes to needing a point or three) and then having to go up to Burnley. Yuk! How Jay Rodriguez would love to send us down.

I think we'll still be ok but how has it come to this?

There's still quite a lot of hypothetical scenarios in your post, and you have to remember that when we went into lockdown we were only 2 points clear of the relegation zone, and Villa had a game in hand. It's hard to stay positive after yesterday's game, but things have gone well since the restart. All 5 teams below us would rather be in our position, and have our remaining fixtures. We've got this.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not possible with West Ham and Watford playing each other!
West Ham beat Norwich
Watford beat Newcastle
Villa beat Palace

And to top it all I now find Bournemouth beat Leicester !

Back to the booze. The football club is driving me to it.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
All that Sweet Caroline garbage at Carrow Road and the happy clappers proclaiming Potter had proven his worth now looking a bit silly. Potterball looking more of a disaster game by game and give away goal by goal.

This is going to the wire and we could very easily go winless based on pre lockdown evidence.

Sweet Caroline is played after every away win. So would have been played at Watford on the first day of the season

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Two clean sheets before we played the top two teams in the league who put a load of goals past teams on a regular basis. Our goal difference and goals conceded column is still well in our favour, keep your pants dry, we'll be fine! I'm quite happy in a way that the last few games will have a bit of meaning, very dull watching games with nothing to play for and behind closed doors

Edit - forgot united, also bang in form since restart though. We've had a tough bloody fixture list since restart and pulled away still!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Is it like a destructive or even abusive relationship for some of you supporting the Albion? Do you get anything out of it at all? ???

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
We now need 2 wins.

No we don’t.

If we win one game the Bournemouth have to win all three including beating Man City away to go above us.

If we win one game Aston Villa can’t get more points than us. So they would have to win all three to overtake our goal difference which if we win one more game won’t happen.

So one win does it.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

So your going to base it on Pre lockdown

Rather than post lockdown where we have 2 wins and a draw from 6 games .... and the three games we have lost are to the 3 form teams in the country.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We have just lost to the champions who have only lost two games all season (one of them to Man City) and a team who cost nearly a billion pounds to assemble (who one freak result aside) have largely been blowing teams out of the water.

Before that we had only lost 2 out of 9 games but now we are apparently going to go winless for the rest of the season and the 4 teams below us are suddenly all going to hit league winning form simultaneously.

Christ imagine this place if we were 3 points worse off get a grip people!!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
So, sockboy and smug both win a game? It had to happen eventually. Let's see the despair when they lose the next one.
I have faith we'll get a minimum of 4 points from our remaining games, I want nine but will settle for seven

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good odds. I reckon it's over a 10% chance we go down, so 125/1 is a bit generous !

With some six pointers amongst the other relegation clubs, we are sitting pretty.

67E1EAE7-579E-4ACA-8678-316FF8E3D703.png

Liverpool and ManC always beat us, fact. ManC always outclass us and score a hatful, fact. Nothing’s changed as far as we’re concerned.

Watford, Villa, Bmuff and West Ham were never going to go winless for their entire final 9 or 10 matches, with countless £100m’s spent on players, inevitable mistakes by opponents (Schmeichal), getting the rub of shocking officiating and VAR.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So 18th and 19th win their first games after lockdown, but remain in the relegation zone by 3 and 4 points respectively and are effectively 6 and 7 points behind us.

Well...so what?

:shrug:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Ill be honest and say I don’t see where Bournemouth get another point from.

Maybe could get something against Southampton but I don’t think they will

Everton might have been shocking today against Wolves but they have a very good home record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here