Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still think we’re safe?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This has been the worst weekend we've probably had results wise. Every single result has gone against us, and our own result was a battering.

We will all be having kittens but hopefully we can sneak a result at Southampton, Villa and Bournemouth will both lose as expected and Watford beat West ham.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
MelodicFatherlyGalah-size_restricted.gif

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
So, bottom side thrashes a Champs League placed visitors, higher than Man U.

Come on, let’s here your excuses why we’re incapable of doing the same?

Because Leicester are bang out of form and have players missing

Because Man Utd are one of the form sides in the Prem

Because Bournemouth looked clueless and ineffective until Leicester gave them an equalizer

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Bournemouth 4-1 nearly 5-1 watching the game and I can't quite believe what I am seeing some terrible mistakes from Leciester who looked like the could not be bothered after Bouremouths second and some big slices of luck for Bounemouth but this might be their spring board to safety. Villa and WHU winning our GD taking a hammering means we need another three points

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Aston Villa fan:

A lot of presumptions from the Villa fan regarding them getting 4 points and us none. The remaining fixtures are about as good as you could wish for - not against relegation rivals which become 6 pointers, and we've just had our batterings from the moneybags Top 4 chasers.
Literally everyone below us would give their left bollock to be in our position.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Because we are pretty dire - have we improved since Hughton.

Big NO

Same points as last year with 3 games to go. More goals scored. A better defensive record going into the City game too, despite a more expansive style.

I’d argue that’s an improvement. For my eyes the football is considerably
better too.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
FFS the bedwetting has reached critical levels.
The bottom 5 have managed to string some results together.

We are better off than we were before restart having played all of our difficult games.
West Ham and Watford have just seen the value of their great wins wiped out and have to play each other next.
Watford in particular need to be worried,

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Bournemouth 4-1 nearly 5-1 watching the game and I can't quite believe what I am seeing some terrible mistakes from Leciester who looked like the could not be bothered after Bouremouths second and some big slices of luck for Bounemouth but this might be their spring board to safety. Villa and WHU winning our GD taking a hammering means we need another three points

We need a point at most

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This has been the worst weekend we've probably had results wise. Every single result has gone against us, and our own result was a battering.

We will all be having kittens but hopefully we can sneak a result at Southampton, Villa and Bournemouth will both lose as expected and Watford beat West ham.

Watford have a worse GD and the same points atlas West Ham and they have City and Arsenal as their last 2 games. I’d certainly rather West Ham won. It would mean Watford would have to beat City or Arsenal to go above us if we lose all 3 which is highly unlikely. It would also mean a point from one of our last 3 would probably mean Watford need a win and a draw v City and Arsenal. So can’t see how we’d want them to beat West Ham personally.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Yeah bad weekend results wise, but lets take stock of where we are and where we expected to be after game 35.

We remain in bite your hand off territory.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Watford have a worse GD and the same points atlas West Ham and they have City and Arsenal as their last 2 games. I’d certainly rather West Ham won. It would mean Watford would have to beat City or Arsenal to go above us if we lose all 3 which is highly unlikely. It would also mean a point from one of our last 3 would probably mean Watford need a win and a draw v City and Arsenal. So can’t see how we’d want them to beat West Ham personally.
Because West Ham play Villa last day. If they are both behind us by then, they can't both overtake us.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If Watford and Villa beat West Ham, West Ham will finish below us.

If Watford beat West Ham, but West Ham beat Villa, we'll finish above Villa.

If West Ham beat Watford and Villa, we'll likely finish above both of them.

Bournemouth will need to beat 2 of ManCity, Southampton, Everton.

All this on the assumption we don't get another point.

Chillax. :albion2:

A lot of presumptions from the Villa fan regarding them getting 4 points and us none. The remaining fixtures are about as good as you could wish for - not against relegation rivals which become 6 pointers, and we've just had our batterings from the moneybags Top 4 chasers.
Literally everyone below us would give their left bollock to be in our position.

Exactly...3 games left and all below us are as near as must win...we could be mathematical safe with 1 win

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here