Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steve Cooper.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Are you saying a squad full of internationals some of which are PL & CL winners were scared of little old Brightons ferocious fans. It was a great atmosphere but please no more excuses he got battered and didn’t have a clue how to change it.

Yes, Chelsea were an absolute mess at that time, on and off the pitch. Brighton fans were electric due to the circumstances. Sometimes these things happen in football. It was a great day, but in no way indicative of managerial ability.

Look at RDZs second season when he didn't have the luxury of enjoying the squad that Potter built.

RDZ was and still is incredibly overrated by our fans because of his first season, which Potter deserves much credit for as well. And Potter seems to be terribly underrated due to bias over how he left the club.

Over time, it will become clear who is the better manager. Hopefully Potter will prove it with us, and now, as there is no reported candidate anywhere near his level of ability, and he would be a certain upgrade on RDZ.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Did he win many games? 😂
Oh no he was the chairman!! I liked him though because the crisps at the Goldstone were great.:eek:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cooper would be an ok manger and would good for our young players, however given his availability all taking to long to appoint which makes you feel there is someone else in the wings they are waiting to appoint
Maybe they have 2/3/4 candidates and are going through a selection process…….it not ‘too long’. There’s no rush.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
And yet you prompted my comment by making observations about Roberto's face.:facepalm:
I used a reasonably common expression about somebody looking moody or miserable. I don't think I can reasonably be blamed for somebody taking "face like a smacked arse" as an actual description of De Zerbi's appearance in that context, to the extent that I don't believe you did.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The selection process is all fine, but I thought we had a massive super continuity planning system and had identified plenty of candidates we already knew would be wonderful. Have we changed our approach? I'm not sure I'm going to be so trusting of their statements in the future...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The selection process is all fine, but I thought we had a massive super continuity planning system and had identified plenty of candidates we already knew would be wonderful. Have we changed our approach? I'm not sure I'm going to be so trusting of their statements in the future...
Couple of weeks to arrange and hold interviews (when the managers concerned have quite likely buggered off on holiday) is nothing.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yes, Chelsea were an absolute mess at that time, on and off the pitch. Brighton fans were electric due to the circumstances. Sometimes these things happen in football. It was a great day, but in no way indicative of managerial ability.

Look at RDZs second season when he didn't have the luxury of enjoying the squad that Potter built.

RDZ was and still is incredibly overrated by our fans because of his first season, which Potter deserves much credit for as well. And Potter seems to be terribly underrated due to bias over how he left the club.

Over time, it will become clear who is the better manager. Hopefully Potter will prove it with us, and now, as there is no reported candidate anywhere near his level of ability, and he would be a certain upgrade on RDZ.
RDZ isn't overrated. His team I.e. the players he selected playing his style of football, played the most wonderful, thrilling, exciting football I have ever seen played by an Albion team in 60 years. When the players weren't available through injury or sale/return of loanee, he struggled to maintain it. But I will never forget the thrill of everything until the crushing Roma defeat. What a ride.

Last edited:

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
I suppose all this angst is understandable. We all want to know who the next manager will be. I was impressed with West Ham getting Lopetegui onboard very quickly after Moyes left. They did know Moyes was leaving at the end of the season so plenty of time to prepare and he was free. I was a little surprised. however, when I saw he would start on 1st July. That actually makes a lot of sense because players and coaching staff all need a break and some holiday time plus a considerable saving in salary!

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I'm sure they will be very concerned re your mistrust.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Favre still available. Took a break from the game and said he's ready to go again.

Think we would be a good in for him with a view to seeing if he has one more big (bigger) job left.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Favre still available. Took a break from the game and said he's ready to go again.

Think we would be a good in for him with a view to seeing if he has one more big (bigger) job left.
Bit old but would love have him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here