Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steve Cooper.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is the point. 500 odd posts in on something that was nothing more than idle media speculation. Same with Potter. If he was coming it would all be done by now, or at least very evident.
Fair assessment. Strikes me we are holding out for someone that for reasons unknown to us mean he can’t sign immediately. If it was Cooper or Potter they’d be signed up by now.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I bumped into TB last night at the Vic tried to get some info he said the amount of begging emails they have received from a Swedish fella to bring Potter back has been amusing the lads in the office.
He then sauntered off to play poker.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Fair assessment. Strikes me we are holding out for someone that for reasons unknown to us mean he can’t sign immediately. If it was Cooper or Potter they’d be signed up by now.

Well, to counter that perhaps we’re leaving Potter unemployed for as long as possible so he can rinse Chelsea for more compo :lolol:

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
This is something my daughter said yesterday when we were discussing Potter (and others). Along the lines that if the prospective coach was not tied to another club then the deal would have been done and dusted. The mystery continues.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
This is something my daughter said yesterday when we were discussing Potter (and others). Along the lines that if the prospective coach was not tied to another club then the deal would have been done and dusted. The mystery continues.
33pages and counting...we really all should get a hobby 🙄

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It seems the club have put the pin in the cooper balloon via the Argus. It’s interesting that this wasn’t done with McKenna (there must only be a few left who don’t believe he was our first choice) and Potter.

I think Potter is first or second reserve. That’s fine if it’s ‘22 Potter who was preferable to ‘24 De Zerbi. We’d kind of get an upgrade! 😂

But in reality, your daughter is probably onto something. I imagine we’ve already had a chat with Ipswich that didn’t result in anything positive and are speaking with another club about another manager……..

I wonder if we can get Amorim for a lot less than the rumoured €20m buyout?

Or perhaps De Zerbi is interested in swapping roles with our next manager?

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Southgate :laugh:
I heard Southgate's name being mentioned within a few days of Roberto leaving, I put the guy suggesting it, to being extremely clueless. This would send most fans in to a tranquil coma of hell. If he was appointed It would be the only time I could not trust the Bloom methodology.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
But when analysing football you have to take luck into account. Palace were lucky as hell that year.
True. Luck plays a huge part in football. But I still think that is an extreme example of what we were often like under Potter. Dominating possession, but losing/drawing games. You could say it was sometimes similar under RDZ, but we created a lot more chances and had a higher chances to goals ratio.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It seems the club have put the pin in the cooper balloon via the Argus. It’s interesting that this wasn’t done with McKenna (there must only be a few left who don’t believe he was our first choice) and Potter.

I think Potter is first or second reserve. That’s fine if it’s ‘22 Potter who was preferable to ‘24 De Zerbi. We’d kind of get an upgrade! 😂

But in reality, your daughter is probably onto something. I imagine we’ve already had a chat with Ipswich that didn’t result in anything positive and are speaking with another club about another manager……..

I wonder if we can get Amorim for a lot less than the rumoured €20m buyout?

Or perhaps De Zerbi is interested in swapping roles with our next manager?
I struggle a bit with the issues about buyout $s for a new manager.
We are happy to take a punt on a new player for 20 mill, and a good coach/ manager is far more important than one individual player (well Mitoma excepted of course 😂).
And we'd put our own buyout $s into the new manager 's contract.
So, unless the amount is really stupid, I don't get why it's an issue (obviously it's not my money though 🙂).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here