Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steve Cooper.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Have to disagree he is very anti Potter and very pro RDZ, just like Swanny is very pro Potter and anti RDZ

Both as bad as each other on this imo, both overly aggressive in their dislike of the respective managers.

They were both very good managers with plus and minus points and GB and Swanny are looking mugs running down either of them. I loved watching us under both of them and they were both very good for us. :shrug:

I do like the request for a Swan to wind it’s neck in though :thumbsup:
You’d have a point if I only rocked up in 2022, calling myself “Sassuluo Man”, had never set foot in Brighton and spent all my days telling Brighton fans what idiots they were for not understanding the real RDZ.

But I simply want this football club to have the best coach available to it. In that respect, RDZ was demonstrably better than Potter. It was his time to go though. You’ll see on the “was not sacked” thread I’ve acknowledged that RDZ was the architect of his own downfall, as there will only ever be one winner in a face off with TB. And on this very thread that I’ve agreed with @One Teddy Maybank about his limitations. And on the keeper threads that I was fed up with him constantly swapping keepers, which was both bewildering and frustrating.

Steve Cooper, by the way, is not the best coach available to us,

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Have to disagree he is very anti Potter and very pro RDZ, just like Swanny is very pro Potter and anti RDZ

Both as bad as each other on this imo, both overly aggressive in their dislike of the respective managers.

They were both very good managers with plus and minus points and GB and Swanny are looking mugs running down either of them. I loved watching us under both of them and they were both very good for us. :shrug:

I do like the request for a Swan to wind it’s neck in though :thumbsup:
Perhaps you could wind you neck in a bit too with the anti-GB Potter posts and the nameless digs directed at him - you’ve made your point across multiple threads, sorry but it’s getting boring.🤷🏻‍♂️

No need to keep polarising the discussion - I agree with you that both Potter and RDZ were good managers (I think RDZ was better) but I also think every one of us can see the individual skill sets of both managers and their weaknesses and most of us recognise how they have contributed to our development - including Oslo and GB.

(The poll above just proves that Potter would be better for us than Cooper - hardly an endorsement of Potter to return.)

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Perhaps you could wind you neck in a bit too with the anti-GB Potter posts and the nameless digs directed at him - you’ve made your point across multiple threads, sorry but it’s getting boring.🤷🏻‍♂️

No need to keep polarising the discussion - I agree with you but I also think every one of us can see the individual skill sets of both managers and most of us recognise how they have contributed to our development - including Oslo and GB.

(The poll above just proves that Potter would be better for us than Cooper - hardly an endorsement of Potter to return.)

I thought we’d agreed to ignore each other? My posts annoy you and yours me and this is the second time you’ve told me to wind my neck in and on the last one you were making things up about what I’d said or confusing me with someone else.

GB is more than capable of defending himself about anything I say.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I thought we’d agreed to ignore each other? My posts annoy you and yours me and this is the second time you’ve told me to wind my neck in and on the last one you were making things up about what I’d said or confusing me with someone else.

GB is more than capable of defending himself about anything I say.

Not sure why my posts annoy you - perhaps be specific.

I’m not “annoyed” with yours - pretty sure GB doesn’t give a hoot whether I am “defending him or not”, that’s not why I posted - just bored with so many of your posts harping back to the same point - that GB is very “anti-Potter/pro-RDZ“ and now you’re equating his observations on RDZ to Oslo’s obsessive attitude to Potter - It’s a false equivalence and just not true imo -

As HWT said earlier to Oslo,

You haven't been here very long if you think @Guinness Boy is a RDZ cultist.

Would you mind winding your neck in a bit?

Thanks.

I’m making the same point to you - Even those of us like myself who liked RDZ and think he was the best manager we have ever had, were not blind to areas in which he could have improved - but if you don’t want other people to comment on your posts, then don’t post on a public forum. You are happy for other people to be told “reign your neck in” for making repeated digs but you seem to have a problem doing it yourself that’s all.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: cjd

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Not sure why my posts annoy you - perhaps be specific.

I’m not “annoyed” with yours - pretty sure GB doesn’t give a hoot whether I am “defending him or not”, that’s not why I posted - just bored with so many of your posts harping back to the same point - that GB is very “anti-Potter/pro-RDZ“ and now you’re equating his observations on RDZ to Oslo’s obsessive attitude to Potter - It’s a false equivalence and just not true imo -

As HWT said to Oslo,

Even those of us like myself who liked RDZ and think he was the best manager we have ever had, were not blind to areas in which he could have improved - but if you don’t want other people to comment on your posts, then don’t post on a public forum. You are happy for other people to be told “reign your neck in” for making repeated digs but you seem to have a problem doing it yourself that’s all.

You are making things up again, what makes you think I’m happy to see other people being told to rein their necks in?

What don’t I like about your posts? Well, as you’ve asked it’s because most of them seem, to me, to be delivered from a high horse.

Let’s just ignore each other eh?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
The Freiberg manager is one.
Christian Streich? LOL! An absolute legend in German football and the longest serving by some distance but surely he’s just retired, hence him finally leaving Freiberg. Great bloke and a decent coach but not someone looking to start a new career in the Premier League at his age.

What RDZ has done is worse reputational damage to BHA than Potter did. Potter went for money and a side in the CL - everyone in football understands that apart from a few fans.

RDZ however has bascially said to the footballing world that BHA cannot meet his ambition, and he’d rather be unemployed than continue to manage them. That’s hurt us more than Potter leaving has done.

I wouldn’t want Potter back for the record, however I’m quite happy to stand by the job he did and how he set up the perfect scenario for RDZ to step into.

Ok, let me add, not taking away what potter did. But disagree to think RDZ is worse than him.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Yup. I've listened to most of his press conferences and interviews and he is one of the most self-absorbed melodramatic managers I've seen in football. Mourinho copy, except Roberto De Zerbi has never made a joke in his entire life.

I don't stand him or his personality.

And as for his management, the squad he took to Europe was a squad many managers, including Potter, could have taken to European qualifcation. Stomped everything in the spring of 2022, added Pervis, Mitoma and Enciso while only losing Maupay and Cucurella. We had a very good squad and a lot of managers would have taken it to sixth (though its still a good result of course).

Graham Potter is a better manager than Roberto De Zerbi seven days a week, and this is the main reason people love Roberto De Zerbi.
I wish you’d stop trolling this forum. I can’t believe you’re an Albion fan. You’re posting one inflammatory post after another. Go away.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
To be honest, having my manager treat me as a member of their family sounds f***ing horrifying.

More seriously, I'd find it easier to buy into the whole "he's so inspirational" line if he hadn't had a face like a smacked arse for six months or so as soon as things got difficult.

Actually tying this into the notional thread topic, there's no way in hell that De Zerbi would have got Forest promoted from the position they were in when Cooper took over there.
Better a face like a smacked arse than Cooperman with a row of teeth like a garden rake and Marty Feldman eyes!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Did RDZ say anything different to what the majority of this board has said? We sold off the midfield and didn’t replace them. The previous season injuries hindered us we couldn’t change anything in the FA cup semi despite a few players dead on their feet after 90 minutes.
To get caught out again with injuries and praying all the injured would be fit in February seemed very hopeful indeed.
The bloated squad line was absolute bollocks as we needed positions filled since the summer.
Some celebrated record profits more than anything that happened on the pitch they are that brainwashed.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Popped in on this thread to learn a bit about Steve Cooper. Pretty pointless so far. Any chance of getting back to the topic?!
So, regardless of whether you think RDZ, Mullery, Potter, Steve Gritt or Brian Clough was our greatest ever manager, could Steve Cooper do a job??

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Popped in on this thread to learn a bit about Steve Cooper. Pretty pointless so far. Any chance of getting back to the topic?!
So, regardless of whether you think RDZ, Mullery, Potter, Steve Gritt or Brian Clough was our greatest ever manager, could Steve Cooper do a job??
no 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: abc

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
How depressing it would be if we got gormless looking Cooper as manager.

Thankfully, it will never happen.

We're not in the business of signing distinctly average managers with mediocre records and uninspiring football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here