Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steve Cooper.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
How depressing it would be if we got gormless looking Cooper as manager.

Thankfully, it will never happen.

We're not in the business of signing distinctly average managers with mediocre records and uninspiring football.
Agreed. We won’t be getting Potter either. I doubt either are on the shortlist. Not sure why so many are talking about the two of them all the time.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Realistically, who's available and likely to join us, that isn't a downgrade on De Zerbi?

Whoever we go for, let's not forget that Leicester fans were hugely underwhelmed by Claudio Ranieri's appointment.
That's the spirit. We are going to win the league with Cooper! 😁

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Realistically, who's available and likely to join us, that isn't a downgrade on De Zerbi?

Whoever we go for, let's not forget that Leicester fans were hugely underwhelmed by Claudio Ranieri's appointment.

Graham Potter is a superior manager to RDZ, and always has been.

He set the foundations for RDZs brilliant finish. But in RDZs second season it became abundantly clear that it was Potters foundation which was more pivotal to our success.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Yep, and we all laughed at Wolves when they hired Gary O'Neil. Whoever we go for it is ALWAYS a gamble so we might as well just get behind whoever the club choose.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton

Gallardo is my hope, and not just because I backed him at 40/1.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Cooper would be an ok manger and would good for our young players, however given his availability all taking to long to appoint which makes you feel there is someone else in the wings they are waiting to appoint

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Agreed. We won’t be getting Potter either. I doubt either are on the shortlist. Not sure why so many are talking about the two of them all the time.
Depends. If we want the slight extra security that comes with a British manager, these two are among the ten or so realistic candidates. If we want to look abroad again, I can think of at least 20 managers that doesn't look too shabby on paper.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Graham Potter is a superior manager to RDZ, and always has been.

He set the foundations for RDZs brilliant finish. But in RDZs second season it became abundantly clear that it was Potters foundation which was more pivotal to our success.
Except when they played each other, Roberto pulled Potty’s pants down and gave him a good spanking.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Gallardo is my hope, and not just because I backed him at 40/1.

40/1, that's the same price as Kieran Mckenna.

John Terry and Steve Bruce are 33/1

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
100% behind the Steve Cooper campaign.

Great manager, interviews really well, always liked him and got Forest playing good attacking football with strong home form in the Championship, just like Hughton did for us.

Please - not Potter. Emotionally speaking, I still can’t get over his departure. I’d prefer relegation to him returning. 😡
Edited for you.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Popped in on this thread to learn a bit about Steve Cooper. Pretty pointless so far. Any chance of getting back to the topic?!
So, regardless of whether you think RDZ, Mullery, Potter, Steve Gritt or Brian Clough was our greatest ever manager, could Steve Cooper do a job??
I liked Mike Bamber :lol:

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It was a special occasion. Probably the best Amex atmosphere of the season. Managerial ability had very little to do with the result, if anything at all.
Are you saying a squad full of internationals some of which are PL & CL winners were scared of little old Brightons ferocious fans. It was a great atmosphere but please no more excuses he got battered and didn’t have a clue how to change it.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Cooper would be an ok manger and would good for our young players, however given his availability all taking to long to appoint which makes you feel there is someone else in the wings they are waiting to appoint
Yes, that is my hope. Gallardo as an example, would be a great manger for our South American contingent.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Are you saying a squad full of internationals some of which are PL & CL winners were scared of little old Brightons ferocious fans. It was a great atmosphere but please no more excuses he got battered and didn’t have a clue how to change it.
Right, this argument has won me over, time to get Rob Edwards in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here