Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
All joking aside, I agree that Gayle IS a good signing.

£3m to £6m seems an AWFUL lot of money though, for a player who 13 months agao was playing Ryman's League football.

The figures are at this stage speculative. Either way, it reminds me a bit of the Chris Armstrong signing. £1m from Millwall where he'd not played an awful lot, and at Wrexham prior to that. Raised a lot of eyebrows but the scouts must have seen something in him, and within a couple of years he was worth four or five times that.

And that's the crux. We could wait until he's proven, by which time he'll cost the same as Jordan Rhodes. Or get him now for cheaper but take the risk that he will never reach the level of the aforementioned player. Nothing is certain in football, even the expectation of a non-excrement adorned dressing room ahead of a big game.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
That was Andy Gray. Although there is some confusion over whether Wright may have come from Ten em Bee

Through a business contact I met Mr Gray who very generously gave me a couple of tickets to watch Palace play. It was not that enticing as in those days they had no moth eaten eagle swooping before the game, nor were there acne ridden black shirted tw*ts banging a toy drum in the corner.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Through a business contact I met Mr Gray who very generously gave me a couple of tickets to watch Palace play. It was not that enticing as in those days they had no moth eaten eagle swooping before the game, nor were there acne ridden black shirted tw*ts banging a toy drum in the corner.
What were Brighton doing at the time?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The figures are at this stage speculative. Either way, it reminds me a bit of the Chris Armstrong signing. £1m from Millwall where he'd not played an awful lot, and at Wrexham prior to that. Raised a lot of eyebrows but the scouts must have seen something in him, and within a couple of years he was worth four or five times that.

And that's the crux. We could wait until he's proven, by which time he'll cost the same as Jordan Rhodes. Or get him now for cheaper but take the risk that he will never reach the level of the aforementioned player. Nothing is certain in football, even the expectation of a non-excrement adorned dressing room ahead of a big game.

I've got it now thanks. On the off-chance he turns out to be worth £6m a few years down the line, you've stolen a march on everyone and paid £6m now. Cracking.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
I've got it now thanks. On the off-chance he turns out to be worth £6m a few years down the line, you've stolen a march on everyone and paid £6m now. Cracking.

I simply made the point that if he was more proven at Championship level, such as Rhodes, Austin, and Ince, he would command the same kind of fee as they have or are expected to - which is in the region of £6-8m. he's been signed on the basis of potential, which is a balance of risk and reward, and his fee is accordingly lower. Hardly worth a snidey reply.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
@VHA on NSC all you do is post on here then go back to the BBS and report back what happen.. You a kid or something?

He is not alone tho is he, they have number of them who just love to act like playground kids. Hey miss you should see what they are writing on NSC.
Pathetic mob really.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
That's not true at all.

I think you talk shit. Remember what goes around comes around.

Ha ha they're so starry eyed. Laughing at our bumpkin who got us promoted, and ******* furiously over an unknown because he speaks Spanish. There seems to be an assumption that he will bring (if hired) some continental flair, but have any of them actually seen how his teams play?

I tried offering some impartial advice on the appointment on NSC, but my views were less than well received.

I've been gagged on NSC. Simply for trying to champion the cause of brightonmark, who was vilified for being the lone voice of dissent amongst a frenzied Spanish wankfest. He was even accused of being the type to complain if Alex Ferguson were to be announced. Is the inference here that the two are somehow comparable?

You're letting them poison your mind,Furk. I am being used as a punching bag without the right to reply. Free speech is dead, and the brainwashing by uhberfuhrer Barber is almost complete!

Tags: tin pot. LOL.

Anyway, shouldn't we stop kicking Brighton when they're down. Good luck, plucky Brighton, in your forthcoming Championship campaign.

I never expect to be agreed with by everyone, but was wondering why logical, well made points need be met with outright hostility.

For what it's worth, I've often sprang to the defence of Nicola C on here. ;)

Something about my posting style doesn't seem to appeal to many on that site.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Didn't Gayle score about the same goals for Posh in nine games on loan than CMS scored in his whole last season for them? Unless of course you mean CMS's inadequacy was more proven, in which case I wholeheartedly agree.

Ulloa scored more in his first 3 months in the championship than Murray scored in his first whole season in the same league, and more than Gayle who has just cost you more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here