Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interestingly the Peterborough Telegraph, and 247 magazine, are reporting the fee for Gayle as £6m.

247 is owned by the Peterborough chairman.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Interestingly the Peterborough Telegraph, and 247 magazine, are reporting the fee for Gayle as £6m.

247 is owned by the Peterborough chairman.

They won't get all of it though because there is a PL survival clause being written into the contract along with other add ons. :smile: Does this mean Gayle has to be twice as good as CMS ???

It's £6m over the life of the contract, if we stay up (which includes his wages).

6 Million

fooledyah.jpg

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
If we stay in the Prem for the next four years I'll be well happy with £6m

The £5m odd you'll have paid for CMS in the Championship won't ever look like a good investment though :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's £6m over the life of the contract, if we stay up (which includes his wages).

Riiiight. So that's why they are reporting it as their record fee, "eclipsing the £3.2m paid by Norwich for Ryan Bennett" then. Because £2.75m is MORE than £3.2m?

Gotcha.

If we stay in the Prem for the next four years I'll be well happy with £6m

The £5m odd you'll have paid for CMS in the Championship won't ever look like a good investment though :)

5 Million?

2.5 rising to 3 on goals to be accurate, so 2.5 million TOTAL.

Banned
May 19, 2013
5 Million?

2.5 rising to 3 on goals to be accurate, so 2.5 million TOTAL.

Sorry, I forgot that CMS is playing for free!

Our fee for Gayle is £2.75m, and add ons depending on our staying up, so you'll see it reported as £3m in most papers. But it could be a £6m deal including wages.

You paid £2.5m rising to £3m, and you can deduct the money CMS is paying you fr the honour of playing for Brighton from that.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Sorry, I forgot that CMS is playing for free!

Our fee for Gayle is £2.75m, and add ons depending on our staying up, so you'll see it reported as £3m in most papers. But it could be a £6m deal including wages.

You paid £2.5m rising to £3m, and you can deduct the money CMS is paying you fr the honour of playing for Brighton from that.

When is a deal for a player quoted including the total wages for that contract?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

No. When the Peterborough end report a 'fee up to £6m', they are talking about the money Palace will (potentially) pay TO them. This does NOT include wages, as you see, those would be paid to the PLAYER, rather than to his former club. I realise this is complicated stuff, but stay with us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Shall we do what every Palace fan does with Wilf (£15m, despite it actually being £10m, and according to some sources ACTUALLY being about £7m upfront), and refer to it always as £6m and not a penny less?

Banned
May 19, 2013
When is a deal for a player quoted including the total wages for that contract?

It isn't normally, so I doubt you'll see that figure in the mainstream press. Weird way to talk about a deal, to include the total package?

Just heard its a five year contract too. Had thought it was only four before.

Still worry we might get gazumped

It isn't normally, so I doubt you'll see that figure in the mainstream press. Weird way to talk about a deal, to include the total package?

Just heard its a five year contract too. Had thought it was only four before.

Still worry we might get gazumped

Not at that price you won't, it's like seeing a house on the market for £200,000 and offering £500,000.

Banned
May 19, 2013
Not at that price you won't, it's like seeing a house on the market for £200,000 and offering £500,000.

All about opinions, but I'm chuffed. £2.75m is a good price for an exciting nippy striker who scored some crackers last year. He had a decent length contract with Posh but he definitely improves us, and is the kind of player who (if we do go down as is likely) will help us mount a serious challenge to come straight back up.

Exactly the kind of signing I want us to be making.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here