Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All about opinions, but I'm chuffed. £2.75m is a good price for an exciting nippy striker who scored some crackers last year. He had a decent length contract with Posh but he definitely improves us, and is the kind of player who (if we do go down as is likely) will help us mount a serious challenge to come straight back up.

Exactly the kind of signing I want us to be making.

All joking aside, I agree that Gayle IS a good signing.

£3m to £6m seems an AWFUL lot of money though, for a player who 13 months agao was playing Ryman's League football.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
All joking aside, I agree that Gayle IS a good signing.

£3m to £6m seems an AWFUL lot of money though, for a player who 13 months agao was playing Ryman's League football.

Scoring over 50 goals! We took Ian Wright from non-league and he was quality. Gayle's not as big a gamble as that, since he shone last year for Posh.

Always hard to know if someone will make the step up to the Prem, but these are exactly the type of signings I want us to make.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

This. Palace fans would be laughing their heads off at us if we were signing him for that money.

Scoring over 50 goals! We took Ian Wright from non-league and he was quality. Gayle's not as big a gamble as that, since he shone last year for Posh.

Always hard to know if someone will make the step up to the Prem, but these are exactly the type of signings I want us to make.

So do I.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Scoring over 50 goals! We took Ian Wright from non-league and he was quality. Gayle's not as big a gamble as that.

Hahahaha.

Wright signed for free.

This lad is costing you MORE than THREE MILLION pounds. I think that MIGHT be considered the 'bigger gamble'.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To be fair Gayle could be their top scorer next season (4 goals)

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
This. Palace fans would be laughing their heads off at us if we were signing him for that money.

You paid nearly the same for CMS, who had already shown he couldn't cut it in the Championship, he you were all raving what a great signing he was.

Gayle at least has never failed in the division we're signing him for.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Regardless, £2-3 million for Gayle against the backdrop of a £120m windfall is infinitely preferable to £2-3 million for CMS against the backdrop of a £120m debt.

We don't have a debt of £120m. HOW MANY TIMES does this need to be explained?!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You paid nearly the same for CMS, who had already shown he couldn't cut it in the Championship, he you were all raving what a great signing he was.

Gayle at least has never failed in the division we're signing him for.

We paid LESS, for a player who was MORE proven.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It doesn't have to be explained at all.

So you acknowledge you're just being a troll. You must know by now that we don't actually have a debt of £120m.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
So you acknowledge you're just being a troll. You must know by now that we don't actually have a debt of £120m.

No, I know it apparently doesn't count as a debt because so much is owed to Tony, who has shown no signs of ever wanting his money back aside from appointing an enforcer to squeeze as much money out of the fans whilst cutting back on club expenditure both on and off the pitch.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No, I know it apparently doesn't count as a debt because so much is owed to Tony, who has shown no signs of ever wanting his money back aside from appointing an enforcer to squeeze as much money out of the fans whilst cutting back on club expenditure both on and off the pitch.

Amazing. I don't miss @Glenn-Murray anymore, I think you might be even funnier!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here