Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Dobbie

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Ulloa scored more in his first 3 months in the championship than Murray scored in his first whole season in the same league, and more than Gayle who has just cost you more.

That's pretty good , how much do you want for the laddie ?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Ulloa scored more in his first 3 months in the championship than Murray scored in his first whole season in the same league, and more than Gayle who has just cost you more.

There goals to games ratio is very similar apart from Gayle scored his goals playing for a bottom 3 side, Ulloa scored his playing for a top 4 side.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
There goals to games ratio is very similar apart from Gayle scored his goals playing for a bottom 3 side, Ulloa scored his playing for a top 4 side.

Try again, Ulloa scored more in less games in less time.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
I think you talk shit. Remember what goes around comes around.

It's certainly the case that I post on a thread entitled 'has anyone had a look at NSC today'. It's also true that I post on the site NSC. However, it is most definitely not true at all that 'all I do is post on here and report what happens'.

Quite why either of those two entities should concern any Brighton fan with a modicum of self esteem is beyond me. I certainly am able to withstand the many personal attacks on my character that I have encountered in the process of merely making numerous valid and insightful points on here.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

That's pretty good , how much do you want for the laddie ?

Bless, you really think he'd want to right now? Chance to get whipped in the prem for a season or chance to play for arguably one of the best young managers in Europe.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
It's certainly the case that I post on a thread entitled 'has anyone had a look at NSC today'. It's also true that I post on the site NSC. However, it is most definitely not true at all that 'all I do is post on here and report what happens'.

Quite why either of those two entities should concern any Brighton fan with a modicum of self esteem is beyond me. I certainly am able to withstand the many personal attacks on my character that I have encountered in the process of merely making numerous valid and insightful points on here.

Yea of course you are.... Your just here to mock us and take the P*ss..

Just hope you will be so cock sure when ya getting battered every week and want IH out.. Like i said what goes around comes around...

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
And this has relevance to CMS being more proven than Gayle in what way?

Ulloa is better than Gayle as proved by his first 3 months in this league compared to Gayle's first season petal. Is that a bit hard for you to follow?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Forget the fact that Dwight Gayle is going to Palace, I would have been happy to have him here, I thought he looked good for Boro last season. IF the price is around 3m then that could be a good deal.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Translation: I'm a TROLL. I'm a TROLL with nothing better to do.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The £6 million figure includes his wages and add on's over 5 years.

Transfer fee is actually £3 million. Below is a report by a well respected Guardian journalist who has sources at Palace:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/28/crystal-palace-peterborough-united-dwight-gayle

"Expected to be", "around", "in the region of". Thanks. That's conclusive.

Alternatively, you could look at this piece on Twentyfour7 Football, the magazine owned by Darragh Macanthony, the Peterborough Chairman. You'd think HIS sources on this would be quite good, wouldn't you?

http://twentyfour7football.com/reports-crystal-palace-agree-6m-gayle-deal-11375

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Forget the fact that Dwight Gayle is going to Palace, I would have been happy to have him here, I thought he looked good for Boro last season. IF the price is around 3m then that could be a good deal.

Common sense at last . If he signs ( he's currently undergoing a medical with jerome Thomas ) he is the type of player I want . W e still need some experience but young exciting players with potential are the way to go .

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Ulloa is better than Gayle as proved by his first 3 months in this league compared to Gayle's first season petal. Is that a bit hard for you to follow?

I repeat: 9 in 19 (including play off games) vs 13 in 29. That's a pretty similar ratio in my book! Given Gayle was playing for a bottom 3 team and Ulloa in a top 4 side, i'd say his record is more impressive.

Last edited:

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC

The logic of what you're saying is easy to understand, even if it were true. However, it is a strange retort to the initial point which was a poster arguing that CMS was more proven than Gayle when bought by Brighton.

But, erm, good for Ulloa I guess, and I'm pleased for you?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Bless, you really think he'd want to right now? Chance to get whipped in the prem for a season or chance to play for arguably one of the best young managers in Europe.

Well when you put it like that .

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
The logic of what you're saying is easy to understand, even if it were true. However, it is a strange retort to the initial point which was a poster arguing that CMS was more proven than Gayle when bought by Brighton.

But, erm, good for Ulloa I guess, and I'm pleased for you?

Still spouting your sh*t..? This will be on BBS soon

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I repeat: 9 in 19 (including play off games) vs 13 in 29. That's a pretty similar ratio in my book! Given Gayle was playing for a bottom 3 teamand Ulloa in a top 4 side, i'd say his record is more impressive.

Or....

One was playing for a side who abandon all semblance of tactics and just swarm forward all the time, creating hundreds of chances (but conceding just as many), and the other as a lone striker in a team that created very few. And to say he played for a top 4 team is a bit daft - we were well short of that until he slotted in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here