Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs - Sat 5th Feb 8pm

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's going via Hastings as it's a South Eastern service. I was looking at parking at either Battle or Robertsbridge as there don't appear to be any direct trains between London Victoria and Bexhill at all that day, but even the later services are tight time wise.

:thumbsup: Yes you cant get to Victoria on Southern and you cant get to London Bridge from Battle.

Normally Spurs isn't too bad as we got back from the first away game there which was a mid week night game by walking to Northumberland Road, train to Stratford, Tube to London Bridge and train to Battle - this time its almost not achievable by train from down here

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I beg to differ.

There are travelling options for this game and it's a Saturday.
Boxing Day was a completely different kettle of fish.

Firstly there were 0 local rail services on.
Anyone travelling down from London was ****ed (apart from the Brentford fans who had coaches laid on by the club.)
Followed up by the fact it was Boxing Day

Hats off to all those that made it, but that really was a ****ing awful decision.

This is awkward, granted, but not impossible.

Brentford to Brighton for their fans wasn't bad by coach when they only had a max of 3k tickets, there is as good as no trains for me on 5 Feb

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Right. All we're going to do is go on here and swear about a stupid KO time meaning fans can't get back from the game.
But we are Brighton and we don't sit back and let others walk all over us.
Surely it's time to get these KO times sorted for the fans, after all without us there's no football as they said.
I'm in for any protests that we can organise. Get it out there. Call the radio, TV & press. Otherwise we will just be trampled on for ever.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Barber does a fantastic job for our club - but his constant rolling over and having his tummy tickled by the TV Companies is getting pretty pathetic now.

I agree with the sentiment but it is hard to blame Barber for an away game. There really isn't much that the away team can do and Spurs current CEO is hardly known for his goodwill.

In the interest of fairness, I know that the club tried to get the Brentford game moved but the police and Premier League denied the request.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Laughable that you think a clubs CEO can do anything to change it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As I understand it, draw is made, TV companies decide what games they want for their allocated slot and the clubs basically have to suck it up unless the police/local authorities have a problem with it. Any anger here needs to be directed at the TV companies and the FA, not the club.

‘ITV4 is fooking shit’ doesn’t have much of a ring to it as a chant though

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Right. All we're going to do is go on here and swear about a stupid KO time meaning fans can't get back from the game.
Surely it's time to get these KO times sorted for the fans, after all without us there's no football as they said.
I'm in for any protests that we can organise. Get it out there. Call the radio, TV & press. Otherwise we will just be trampled on for ever.

we take nearly 100m pounds to have this inconvenience.

Just the way it is.

Sky rule

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
we take nearly 100m pounds to have this inconvenience.

Just the way it is.

Sky rule

PS: This specific tie is nothing to do with Sky (although of course they contribute to TV scheduling issues along with the other PL TV rights holders like BT and Amazon). The TV rights for the FA Cup belong to the FA and have been sold this year and until 2025 to ITV / BBC.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And the train driver fancies an early night and can't be bothered with the last train

Probability of ‘Train cancelled due to lack of available train crew’ at that time of night must be huge, and replacement buses won’t be able to cope on the Croydon/Redhill bit with the likely volume as it is. Personally won’t risk it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Laughable that you think a clubs CEO can do anything to change it.

His hand is mostly tied but he can or could look at other options like extra coach travel. The club did what they could for example with Brentford on Boxing Day . (Park and Rides , free coaches from Brighton and Lewes station, more car parks etc) . And presumably they will be talking to Southern Rail, Thameslink or via the police etc - who won't want thousands of fans with rail tickets stuck at London Bridge etc.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Non-league at 3, pub, match and a dirty cheap Easy hotel or summin!

Haringey Borough's ground is on White Hart Lane. It's a 30 minute walk from Spurs stadium.

Haringey play in the Isthmian Premier, the same as Bognor, Worthing, Lewes and Horsham.
On the 5th Feb they are at home to FA Trophy holders Hornchurch.
Haringey play on a 4G pitch, so no chance of it being postponed because of weather, and it's a very friendly club with a bunch of fans that sing lots.

View attachment B73479CB-FD85-4AA6-B1CF-C527AD5E51C9_1_105_c copy.pdf

Attachments

• Haringey.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 47

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ITV4 :ohmy:

I was hoping we'd be on The Ocho.

At least we'll be able to watch Minder and The Sweeney before kickoff.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

This with ****ing bells on. I’m no good at organising this type of thing But I’d get 100% behind it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here