Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs - Sat 5th Feb 8pm

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Trains back to Bexhill look tight enough even if the match doesn’t go to extra time and penalties. Really want to take my 11 year old to an away game and this is the most likely we are to get tickets for a while. Driving or Seagulls travel it will be then.

2218 from Victoria (which goes via Hastings weirdly) is the last train home the match won't finish until 2200 at the earliest and WHL to Victoria is a good 45 mins to an hour on a good day although the last train to Battle is 2348 (which is from Victoria) which is do able without extra time. No trains from London Bridge though.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
No chance we’ll shift 9k, maybe 5.5k at a push

For those of us without many commitments and a wife who’s on a hen do that weekend it’s perfect though ����

Non-league at 3, pub, match and a dirty cheap Easy hotel or summin!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, yes I do.

This is the FA Cup - not the cash cow that is the PL.

I completely agree with you, but even though this is the FA Cup, the FA make the deal with the TV companies and the clubs sign up to the terms and conditions upon entry to the competition. You either don't enter, or you have your fixtures given to you. I doubt Spurs are that happy for their fans and ability to sell out either.

Where has this 8pm on a Saturday or Boxing Day for that matter come from? 5.30pm on Saturdays or 4.30pm on Sundays seemed adequate change of schedules on weekends.

I won't be able to take my 11 year old son now as he'll have his own match Sunday morning so I'm not getting him in at midnight as he loves his football.

The kids especially, they've missed so much school that he finds the evening games tough the next day so he hasn't been doing them either. I know they have to happen, but his last home game was Leeds on 27 November. He might not now get another home game until Burnley on 19 February.

As said, I know we need evening fixtures, but that's 4 home KOs in a row 8pm or in the evening since Leeds. They can stick my tickets up their arse for next season. I don't blame the club, but it's bullshit nonetheless. I'm sick of it. Even an away day for families ruined by TV scheduling. :rant::rant:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
2218 is the latest from Victoria (which goes via Hastings weirdly) is the last train home the match won't finish until 2200 at the earliest and WHL to Victoria is a good 45 mins to an hour on a good day

It's going via Hastings as it's a South Eastern service. I was looking at parking at either Battle or Robertsbridge as there don't appear to be any direct trains between London Victoria and Bexhill at all that day, but even the later services are tight time wise.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I completely agree with you, but even though this is the FA Cup, the FA make the deal with the TV companies and the clubs sign up to the terms and conditions upon entry to the competition. You either don't enter, or you have your fixtures given to you. I doubt Spurs are that happy for their fans and ability to sell out either.

Where has this 8pm on a Saturday or Boxing Day for that matter come from? 5.30pm on Saturdays or 4.30pm on Sundays seemed adequate change of schedules on weekends.

I won't be able to take my 11 year old son now as he'll have his own match Sunday morning so I'm not getting him in at midnight as he loves his football.

The kids especially, they've missed so much school that he finds the evening games tough the next day so he hasn't been doing them either. I know they have to happen, but his last home game was Leeds on 27 November. He might not now get another home game until Burnley on 19 February.

As said, I know we need evening fixtures, but that's 4 home KOs in a row 8pm or in the evening since Leeds. They can stick my tickets up their arse for next season. I don't blame the club, but it's bullshit nonetheless. I'm sick of it. Even an away day for families ruined by TV scheduling. :rant::rant:

I feel the same.

What's the point in having a season ticket for my youngster when he never gets to go?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's going via Hastings as it's a South Eastern service. I was looking at parking at either Battle or Robertsbridge as there don't appear to be any direct trains between London Victoria and Bexhill at all that day, but even the later services are tight time wise.

And you'll never properly enjoy the day out if you're spending the whole time thinking you might not make it home

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Trains are looking shocking on the South Eastern line and Southern FFS

This is more anti-fans than the Brentford game

When I posted anyone who wants to go will get a ticket, I didn't expect the club to have to open it up to anybody in the world who wants to go

I beg to differ.

There are travelling options for this game and it's a Saturday.
Boxing Day was a completely different kettle of fish.

Firstly there were 0 local rail services on.
Anyone travelling down from London was ****ed (apart from the Brentford fans who had coaches laid on by the club.)
Followed up by the fact it was Boxing Day

Hats off to all those that made it, but that really was a ****ing awful decision.

This is awkward, granted, but not impossible.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Hard to understand why it needs to be 8pm (bar pre-agreed contracts) if it is going to be broadcast on ITV4. Surely they could have it kick-off an hour earlier?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

No replays remember, so if ET and pens, this game might not be done until 10.45pm or so...:rolleyes:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I beg to differ.

There are travelling options for this game and it's a Saturday.
Boxing Day was a completely different kettle of fish.

Firstly there were 0 local rail services on.
Anyone travelling down from London was ****ed (apart from the Brentford fans who had coaches laid on by the club.)
Followed up by the fact it was Boxing Day

Hats off to all those that made it, but that really was a ****ing awful decision.

This is awkward, granted, but not impossible.

It's a piss take is what it is.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
ITV4 FFS as well. Is it inbetween repeats of The Saint and Minder? Shit time, Shit Channel, Shit trains and it all probability a Shit result.

Shit.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Hard to understand why it needs to be 8pm (bar pre-agreed contracts) if it is going to be broadcast on ITV4. Surely they could have it kick-off an hour earlier?

Absolutely! Just simply kicking off an hour earlier would have made a difference. Just shows that nobody bothered to do a little research to conclude that a fine tweak would have really benefitted the fans going by train.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Barber does a fantastic job for our club - but his constant rolling over and having his tummy tickled by the TV Companies is getting pretty pathetic now.

Indeed, time for the CEOs of all the EPL teams and Championship teams to stand up and be counted on this, rather than just rolling out the "it's what we $igned up £or" mantra.

For the time being, while games are generally selling out, at least we can flog off tickets on the exchange and get the money back for the games missed. That's what we've resorted to, having missed most of the home games this season so far due to prior commitments, although we gave away our Boxing Day tickets to friends who a) live local and could drive, and b) didn't have family events on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here