Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs - Sat 5th Feb 8pm

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Right. All we're going to do is go on here and swear about a stupid KO time meaning fans can't get back from the game.
But we are Brighton and we don't sit back and let others walk all over us.
Surely it's time to get these KO times sorted for the fans, after all without us there's no football as they said.
I'm in for any protests that we can organise. Get it out there. Call the radio, TV & press. Otherwise we will just be trampled on for ever.

Dream on. Life and times are very different now. Can you really see the TV companies giving it air time?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Haringey Borough's ground is on White Hart Lane. It's a 30 minute walk from Spurs stadium.

Haringey play in the Isthmian Premier, the same as Bognor, Worthing, Lewes and Horsham.
On the 5th Feb they are at home to FA Trophy holders Hornchurch.
Haringey play on a 4G pitch, so no chance of it being postponed because of weather, and it's a very friendly club with a bunch of fans that sing lots.

Had to smile when i read this because the first time i went to an away game at Tottenham i looked up on a london A to Z where the ground was and ended up at Haringey ! I obviously failed to realise that Tottenham's ground with the title " White Hart Lane " is not actually in the road after which it is titled !!

Regarding this game i was already thinking i would give it a miss due to health reasons so personally was happy that the poor kick off time just confirmed that .
I am sorry though for fellow fans as this would have been with the 9000 allocation an excellent opportunity for a lot of families to have a great day out .
One final point that i have not seen mentioned is this , is there no reduced entrance for seniors ?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Haringey Borough's ground is on White Hart Lane. It's a 30 minute walk from Spurs stadium.

Haringey play in the Isthmian Premier, the same as Bognor, Worthing, Lewes and Horsham.
On the 5th Feb they are at home to FA Trophy holders Hornchurch.
Haringey play on a 4G pitch, so no chance of it being postponed because of weather, and it's a very friendly club with a bunch of fans that sing lots.

View attachment 143743
Very friendly bunch too. They made a decent noise at the Pan a few months ago.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
we take nearly 100m pounds to have this inconvenience.

Just the way it is.

Sky rule

PS: This specific tie is nothing to do with Sky (although of course they contribute to TV scheduling issues along with the other PL TV rights holders like BT and Amazon). The TV rights for the FA Cup belong to the FA and have been sold this year and until 2025 to ITV / BBC.

For this specific game we can squarely blame the public schoolboys who like sticking their heads up each others bums. This is all to do with not clashing with the rugger.

In general this trend towards 8pm kickoffs at the weekend is a disgrace, whoever is in charge. If I go I will stay over in London but it's looking remote. My son is sick on coaches and I'm not driving on the M25 at midnight when I can have a beer and curry at home. And that's for a game between teams SIXTY MILES apart. Imagine if a team from the Midlands or up North had been involved.

No weekend game should involve looking for a hotel unless you want to make a weekend of it.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
We were really looking forward to this then saw the kick off time!, then saw the cost of the family ticket and thought how good it would be to take my daughter and nephew to have a similar football trip to our Wembley semi final day which they both loved.
looked on booking.com and managed to find a holiday house with 3 bedrooms for £96 in wood green.

So plan is, drive up Saturday, get some food locally then off to the stadium with no worries on trying to get back to Brighton that night......cant wait!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Right. All we're going to do is go on here and swear about a stupid KO time meaning fans can't get back from the game.
But we are Brighton and we don't sit back and let others walk all over us.
Surely it's time to get these KO times sorted for the fans, after all without us there's no football as they said.
I'm in for any protests that we can organise. Get it out there. Call the radio, TV & press. Otherwise we will just be trampled on for ever.

What, like purchasing a ticket and attending? That’ll learn ‘em!!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm personally gutted to be missing this one. Afternoon up in the smoke on the bevy. Then off up to a great stadium to create a memorable atmosphere & who knows, the team could get a result.
Who cares if you get home a bit late? Legendary day out in the making. Absolutely gutted to be missing this by a week after 3 months away.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
We were really looking forward to this then saw the kick off time!, then saw the cost of the family ticket and thought how good it would be to take my daughter and nephew to have a similar football trip to our Wembley semi final day which they both loved.
looked on booking.com and managed to find a holiday house with 3 bedrooms for £96 in wood green.

So plan is, drive up Saturday, get some food locally then off to the stadium with no worries on trying to get back to Brighton that night......cant wait!

That's the spirit!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

Great idea but Wood Green is not an ideal area to go walking around at night !

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Thanks for the heads up but no intention of doing so, it’ll be late so will be getting a cab back

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Appreciate all the negatives, but as some are demonstrating, this is a great opportunity for a really decent weekend in London (which personally I find is one of the best cities in the world). Go for it!!!

[eg: Plenty of Premier Inn rooms for £60 to £70 for Saturday night, double room]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Appreciate all the negatives, but as some are demonstrating, this is a great opportunity for a really decent weekend in London (which personally I find is one of the best cities in the world). Go for it!!!

[eg: Plenty of Premier Inn rooms for £60 to £70 for Saturday night, double room]

Unfortunately not everyone has the disposable income at this time of year to turn Spurs away into a 2-day bender in the capital. Good luck to those who do, but I certainly couldn't justify it.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Unfortunately not everyone has the disposable income at this time of year to turn Spurs away into a 2-day bender in the capital. Good luck to those who do, but I certainly couldn't justify it.

I was thinking of something a little less alcohol oriented…but maybe I’m speaking to the wrong audience!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not what I meant, it’s a crap draw for BHA’s cup ambitions. That said, any fawning over top six sides needs to stop, along with the nauseating Gerrard love-in on here. Piss off and support Liverpool or Spurs if you’re that into it. (HTFC are also available for some)

:albion2:

Yep. Just waiting for my HTFC/ Barnsley tickets

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was thinking of something a little less alcohol oriented…but maybe I’m speaking to the wrong audience!

If you're in London for a couple of days, alcohol doesn't even have to come into it! Your wallet is in for a proper dry-humping regardless.

I agree its a brilliant city, and we'll be going there in the summer for a west end show and a stopover. But I'm not bending it round this Spurs game. Its a shit day for transport, at a shit time of year. I'll make do with the telly. Fair play to everyone who makes the effort though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here