Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sports Presenters That Annoy You

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Of football presenters and pundits here's my picks:

Best:

Tim Vickery (South American footy expert) - excellent knowledge, light and breezy style, good humoured and very sharp...listens to other people before responding. (Check out the BBC's World Football Podcast if interested)

Gabriel Marcotti

Mark Clemitt (the baldy that's started to pop up on The Football League Show, but has been presenting The Coca-Cola Football League Podcast for the BBC for some time now). Great knowledge, seems to know virtually EVERYONE in the game and a man of the people.

Alan Hansen....whatever anyone says the fella still stands up to his would-be equivalents on BBC, except...

Lee Dixon, who is also decent

Danny Kelly on TalkSport 7pm weekdays....fun, informed, varied and 'for-the-people' type.

The BBC presenters on Radio 5 Live weekdays from 7pm....especially Chief Football Correspondent Mike Ingham.....heavyweight football journalism!

Paddy Barclay (newspaper journo) - same as BBC radio team

Gary Stevens, Ray Houghton.

Lineker on MoTD....part of the furniture now, innit!

Jeff Stelling

Mark Bolton / Guillem Balague (Revista de La Liga, SKY SPORTS)

Worst:

(by a country mile)

Andy Gray (always over over-the-top, shallow drivel)

David Pleat (Bleat!)

Mike Parry (national embarrassment....ignorant, stupid, can't pronounce the most basic names)

Ron Twatkinson (clumsy, dated, racist, boring....and a failed manager to my mind)

(plus)

Tim Lovejoy (PL / Chelski obsessed, one-dimensional plastic twathead)

Virtually all of ITV's presenting / punditing staff)

Collymore....used to be good then turned into a clumsy hack allofasudden!

Terry Christian (ex-TalkSport Sat phone-in)....see Lovejoy comments + add pathetic, coarse, over-obvious wind-ups at EVERY opportunity to Leeds, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal fans....he's the worst football breed of the lot...an actual Manc Man Utd fan....almost every one I've encountered can AT BEST be described as humourless, bad-losing, bad-WINNING, unpleasant, ugly personalities.

:censored:

Last edited:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
It was quite funny to hear Lee Dixon let out a very un-BBC-like 'Phwooooar' at the mention of Heidi Klum in one of his early appearances as a pundit...

A quiet word in his shell-like was probably administered and he's been well-behaved since :ohmy:

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I dislike presenters in the following order
1. Any femail,we dont require bimbo`s,they are a distraction
2. Andy Gray who continually comments what the player could have done
3. Alan Green on radio,sounds like a demented chipmunk, even when the ball has gone out of play for a throw in.
Whilst we are on radio, Five live has started to introduce music when giving details of matches,at 7 a.m in particular it drives me up the wall, which results in me changing to Talksport even earlier.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know what you're saying, but I have a grudging respect for her, firstly because it's quite obvious that, unlike a lot of other female presenters on TV, she's not got the job because of her looks.

And secondly she does know her stuff- despite her posh, Southern, horsey background, the BBC stuck her into the very working class northern empire of rugby league, and at least she appears to have made the effort to learn about it and appreciate it.

She's the right man for the job when it comes to Rugby League

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Im suprised no-one has mentoned Steve Claridge. That voice really irritates me. It sounds like he is on heluim!

Claridge has been mentioned earlier and I'm in complete agreement. He comes over as the sort of bloke you would want to punch when in the pub.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Mark 'I only ever played for 'Pool' squeak squeak Lawrenson squeak squeak,& I stayed on my feet all the time I was saying that.Turnip Tayielereerr,sorry whatwasisnamethatafricanenglishnewboy.David Bleat,brought to you by aliens with domeheads who talk gibberish.Michael 'you are what you eat'gerbilmurderer Robinson-fortunately most of the time he spoke bolox in dago.

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
No one seems to have mentioned Adrian Durham(Talksport)-so far up his own behind always tries to be controversial but comes across as a complete **** and will not listen to anyone's sensible well constructed arguments.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No one seems to have mentioned Adrian Durham(Talksport)-so far up his own behind always tries to be controversial but comes across as a complete **** and will not listen to anyone's sensible well constructed arguments.

yes, he is an arse but, he is not actually a commentator.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I'm also surprised by the lack of nods towards Steve 'it's fair enough people having opinions but few know more about football than me' Claridge. Prize up-his-own-arse shitstain.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm gonna stand up for Claridge here and say that while he doesn't say anything particularly interesting, it's usually because - on The Football League Show at least - he's rarely asked a sensible question, and he's expected know everything about every club.

And he looks like he'd rather be in the pub of a Saturday night, than in Shepherd's Bush looking bored out of his arse.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I'm gonna stand up for Claridge here and say that while he doesn't say anything particularly interesting, it's usually because - on The Football League Show at least - he's rarely asked a sensible question, and he's expected know everything about every club.

And he looks like he'd rather be in the pub of a Saturday night, than in Shepherd's Bush looking bored out of his arse.

Well he should do, as he has played for virtually every club in England :lol:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mark 'I only ever played for 'Pool' squeak squeak Lawrenson
Yes, but he's one of our's - did brilliantly for us, and earned us a decent wodge when he (quite justifiably) moved on to somewhere bigger and better (and he was feckin brilliant there too)....
I'm gonna stand up for Claridge
Yeh, me too - he knows what he's talking about more than most, and unlike some of the pundits, he knows what it's like down at our level too.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Both truly awful at Gillete Soccer Special when it's on midweek:

ian-payne.jpg

ed_chamberlin150.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here