Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sports Presenters That Annoy You

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Alan Green. Does anyone have a higher opinion of himself?

Yes, Peter Aliss I think his name is, the old twat who does golf. I don't like golf, but I hear him on the telly, he reminds me why I don't like golf.

Andy Gray, take a f***ing bow? No, you take f***ing jump you FRISP!

I seriously don't think anyone can be as bad as Tommy Smythe, at least that's what I think his name is. Seriously, he really is commentating on football on ESPN. He's an extra from Father f***ing Ted! "It's in the Onion bag", please just do one you old c*nt!

Lawro & Hansen, they're quality.

One from radio who seems to be getting more & more airtime. Not a commentator, but a pundit, or so he thinks. Gabriel Marcotti. Utter cock cheese.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
10.jpg

What's he doing on MOTD? :wrong:

I actually think he talks the most sense and gives the most objective/ well-informed opinions of all the pundits on MOTD.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think we can count Lovejoy, as for some unknown reason, he seems to have been given a presenting job on 606. A total tosser with no regard for any football beyond the Premier League top four and whoever Chelsea have played that weekend.

Alan Green also gets a vote from me, for talking all over everyone who rings in to 6-0-6. He seems to have forgotten it's a listeners' phone-in, which would be completely pointless if all the listeners finally gave up on trying to get a word in edgeways when he shouts them down.

And Matt Smith, who seems amenable enough on ITV, but apparently considers it essential to add dramatic emphasis to his delivery by placing unnecessary pauses between every other word. It's Torquay United v Bury, Matt, it really doesn't need building up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I find the Sky commentators and pundits annoying. Last time I watched Sky was for a Chelsea Arsenal game a couple of years ago. The Chelsea 'keeper dropped the ball from a corner and the ball was poked home by Arsenal. At full time about 15 different replays were aired followed by various ideas as to why the 'keeper dropped the ball. One Arsenal guy was singled out by one pundit as having been the 'keepers line of sight and his 'intelligent positioning' played a apart. The ball was noted to be spinning by one pundit and to him this was influential. There were a few other tenuous ideas raised as well.

To me it just looked like he dropped the ball....and a bunch of pundits with too much time to fill.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
I think we can count Lovejoy, as for some unknown reason, he seems to have been given a presenting job on 606. A total tosser with no regard for any football beyond the Premier League top four and whoever Chelsea have played that weekend.
QUOTE]

Dj Spoonfuck or whatever his name is...just substitute Chelsea for Liverpool from the above...

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Clare Balding bugs the shit out of me:hammer:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I agree with almost all the choices so far, but I'd like to add that dozy bitch off The Football League Show last night. As if a 30 year old woman with breasts around her waist isn't bad enough, she made some ridiculous comments. One that annoyed me was "I know it's early, but I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that Leeds United will get promoted this season. It may not be as champions, but they'll go up somehow." Does she not realise Leeds are red-hot favourites and have won 5 out of 5? Bit of an obvious one to "stick your neck out" on isn't it?

I thought that as well:lolol:which just proves my point, birds no f*** all about football

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Clare Balding bugs the shit out of me:hammer:

I know what you're saying, but I have a grudging respect for her, firstly because it's quite obvious that, unlike a lot of other female presenters on TV, she's not got the job because of her looks.

And secondly she does know her stuff- despite her posh, Southern, horsey background, the BBC stuck her into the very working class northern empire of rugby league, and at least she appears to have made the effort to learn about it and appreciate it.

In a television world where male presenters can be as old and fat as they like while females get fired- not to mention ripped apart in the press- for putting on a few pounds or passing the age of 30, it's somehow gratifying to know that knowledge of your subject and ability still count for something.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The emails bit is the one part of the Football League Show that irks me.

I really REALLY don't give a shit about fans of other club's comments, unless it's on something newsworthy or contentious.

"An email from Simon from Greenwich, he's a Charlton fan, and he says "5 wins out of 5 - go on Charlton..." Jesus, did someone really go on such a long mental journey to write such meaningless shite? It's the football equivalent of a Simon Bates dedication. Tragic.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
QUOTE]

Dj Spoonfuck or whatever his name is...just substitute Chelsea for Liverpool from the above...

All of the 606 presenters are appalling these days aren't they, with the exception of Danny Baker when he makes his occasional guest appearances.

I can't bear listening to Green, Lovejoy, Spoony or any of them. They must be bad when you start looking back fondly on the days of David Mellor doing the job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here