Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sports Presenters That Annoy You

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
One thing I would say about Sky Sports presenters...

There is a direct inverse proportion of nerdiness of the men (most of whom look like they've never been with a woman before) compared to the dirty loucheness of the women (most of whom look like they certainly have).

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Simon Brotherton always cracks me up. I remember him riding round Saltdean on his racing bike like it was the tour de france, in all the gear, ALL THE TIME.

Everywhere you went, he would be there coming round the corner on his bike like the f***ing ball in The Prisoner.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There is a direct inverse proportion of nerdiness of the men (most of whom look like they've never been with a woman before) compared to the dirty loucheness of the women (most of whom look like they certainly have).

Do you really have to be a lesbian to be a female Sky Sports reporter? I'm not an avid Sky watcher but what little I've seen doesn't convince me that all the women bat for the other side.

I know what you're saying, but I have a grudging respect for her, firstly because it's quite obvious that, unlike a lot of other female presenters on TV, she's not got the job because of her looks.

And secondly she does know her stuff- despite her posh, Southern, horsey background, the BBC stuck her into the very working class northern empire of rugby league, and at least she appears to have made the effort to learn about it and appreciate it.

She's the right man for the job when it comes to Rugby League

which is odd really. after all, men are the last thing she appreciates:ohmy:

Have been out the 'local region' for years now but please, PLEASE tell me this sub-incompetent buffoon isn't still 'presenting' any kind of sports news / programmes?!....please! :US:

Not watched Sky Sports News recently then???:lol:

and has EVERONE forgotten the King of the Mute button, John "AND HERE'S ANOTHER INTERESTING FACT" Mostson:US::US::US:

Have been out the 'local region' for years now but please, PLEASE tell me this sub-incompetent buffoon isn't still 'presenting' any kind of sports news / programmes?!....please! :US:

Not watched Sky Sports News recently then???:lol:

and has EVERONE forgotten the King of the Mute button, John "AND HERE'S ANOTHER INTERESTING FACT" Motson:US::US::US:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
No one seems to have mentioned Adrian Durham(Talksport)-so far up his own behind always tries to be controversial but comes across as a complete **** and will not listen to anyone's sensible well constructed arguments.

Yes he can be extremely annoying....the epitome of what TalkSport tries to be about....arguing for arguing's sake and churning up laddish bollocks.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
All of the 606 presenters are appalling these days aren't they, with the exception of Danny Baker when he makes his occasional guest appearances.

I can't bear listening to Green, Lovejoy, Spoony or any of them. They must be bad when you start looking back fondly on the days of David Mellor doing the job.

:laugh: Mellor was pretty awful but at least he could speak English and had heard of the teams outside the 'top 4'...

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Pleat should be the name on EVERYONES lips when it comes to this thread. Quite how he still has a job on ITV, I'll never know!

Then again it is ITV I suppose.

wag chaser

Feb 18, 2009
Ronnie "chicken biryani" Irani on talk sport who i am sure through
a drunken shag with a waitress from the local tandoori in Romford
about 20 years ago resulted in Ravi Bopara. At least that is the
only reason i can see for his constant support despite his abject
failure against a very mediocre Australia team

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007