Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sports Presenters That Annoy You

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Pleat is dire, but the worst I have heard on the radio is Ian Holloway. What a complete fucktard!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
10.jpg

What's he doing on MOTD? :wrong:

Superhans?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
For me David Pleat wins hands down in the most annoying category.

I used to enjoy the commentary on Eurogoals on Eurosport. I think it was Archie McPherson who a very unreliable set of notes on which to base his hastily
recorded voice over. 'But in the 70th minute, Metz's pressure paid off with a .....corner'.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Blimey there are a load of picky people on here. I try to let nobody annoy me.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Im suprised no-one has mentoned Steve Claridge. That voice really irritates me. It sounds like he is on heluim!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
That Welsh bloke who commentates on rugby, Jonathan Davies or something. Can't bear his high-pitched sing-song thousand-words-a-second Welsh screeching. Nothing make me lunge for the mute button faster.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I like Townsend.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I see yesterday there was Clare Balding presenting the European Dressage Championships. My idea of sport hell. Funnily enough, didn't catch it.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I know what you're saying, but I have a grudging respect for her, firstly because it's quite obvious that, unlike a lot of other female presenters on TV, she's not got the job because of her looks.

And secondly she does know her stuff- despite her posh, Southern, horsey background, the BBC stuck her into the very working class northern empire of rugby league, and at least she appears to have made the effort to learn about it and appreciate it.

In a television world where male presenters can be as old and fat as they like while females get fired- not to mention ripped apart in the press- for putting on a few pounds or passing the age of 30, it's somehow gratifying to know that knowledge of your subject and ability still count for something.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here