Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sports Presenters That Annoy You

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
The emails bit is the one part of the Football League Show that irks me.

I really REALLY don't give a shit about fans of other club's comments, unless it's on something newsworthy or contentious.

"An email from Simon from Greenwich, he's a Charlton fan, and he says "5 wins out of 5 - go on Charlton..." Jesus, did someone really go on such a long mental journey to write such meaningless shite? It's the football equivalent of a Simon Bates dedication. Tragic.

The skirt on there makes up for the sheer banality of the idea, which I agree is pointless

SCHWINNG!!!

oatley_468x712.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The skirt on there makes up for the sheer banality of the idea, which I agree is pointless

SCHWINNG!!!

oatley_468x712.jpg

She's not the one who was doing the emails last night.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe it was her stand-in last night?:

LizzieGreenwood-Hughes13.jpg

Not as hot, but no munter either

Yeah, i don't know her name (the other one is Jacqui Oatley) but I'm pretty sure she was doing the emails last night.

To be fair, she probably only gets selected ones to read out- the programme producers or editors presumably select them and pass them to her. Hence the "Yay! Go Colchester!" banality of it all.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Lizzie Greenwood Hughes, I bet she likes a prawn sandwich or two at a match with a name like that

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Most people on SSN but Sam Matterface is particualrly grating. He just talks SO LOUD and EXCITEDLY, even when the story is about something mind-numbingly dull like Nicky Hunt weighing up whether to shave his ballsack or not...

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
As mentioned elsewhere, the pauses Matt Smith used to put in got right up my chicken on The Championship, but I noticed in the week when he was anchoring the Arsenal - Celtic coverage, he couldn't do the same, as he was in conversation with two pundits, one being Kenny Dalgliesh, who looked like he'd seen better days...

BTW Claridge is quality :)

Oct 25, 2003
Most people on SSN but Sam Matterface is particualrly grating. He just talks SO LOUD and EXCITEDLY, even when the story is about something mind-numbingly dull like Nicky Hunt weighing up whether to shave his ballsack or not...

i do find ssn utterly stupendous sometimes, it's a strange concept as they essentially have to fill 24 hours with a fairly niche area, with not necessarily that much news to cover

the music they play before/after ad breaks is amazing, especially when they give you a little teaser of whats coming after the break, and it's dull

"and after the break...........scottish division 2 action"

DUN DUN DUN DUNDUN DUN DUN DUN BOOM KAPOW DUN DUN DUN

Yes, Peter Aliss I think his name is, the old twat who does golf. I don't like golf, but I hear him on the telly, he reminds me why I don't like golf.

When I was a student ... decades ago ... I once had a job at the Dunlop Masters Golf Tournament at Little Aston in Birmingham. This was in the days before blanket TV coverage and before anything other than completely immobile, very heavy TV cameras were available.

The job consisted of walking around the course with the golfers, carrying a board showing the latest scores. As well as informing the crowd, the board had to be visible to a bloke up a tower with a pair of binoculars, who kept the TV commentators up to date with how the tournament was going. Two days running, I walked my round in the company of Peter Alliss. A lovely man, very friendly, very chatty.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The biggest "loser" and therefore the winner on this thread is Mr "He should've done this he should have done that" Gray,and his bumlicking oppo Mr "You would have scored from there Andy,eh?"Anonymous person whose name I've fortunately forgotten.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
All of the 606 presenters are appalling these days aren't they, with the exception of Danny Baker when he makes his occasional guest appearances.

I believe Danny Baker is starting a morning show on 5 Live next Saturday or Sunday. He is by far my favourite broadcaster.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Alan Green

95% his unwanted opinions

5% commentary on the game

Go away FFS!

Absolutely this. Every time there's a microsecond of a lull in play and news comes in of something vaguely controversial, either at the match he is commentating on or from elsewhere it's out with the 'Unbelievable! Absolutely unbelievable! I despair sometimes, I really do!' or 'Far from it to be for me to comment but......'

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When I was a student ... decades ago ... I once had a job at the Dunlop Masters Golf Tournament at Little Aston in Birmingham. This was in the days before blanket TV coverage and before anything other than completely immobile, very heavy TV cameras were available.

The job consisted of walking around the course with the golfers, carrying a board showing the latest scores. As well as informing the crowd, the board had to be visible to a bloke up a tower with a pair of binoculars, who kept the TV commentators up to date with how the tournament was going. Two days running, I walked my round in the company of Peter Alliss. A lovely man, very friendly, very chatty.

Have to agree, he and his wife came into my pub a couple of times when staying nearby. A really nice genuine person as is his wife.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here