Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
At the end of the day it all comes down to personal choice , those who travelled on the Special buses have to decide whether they want to pay extra or use alternatives to get to the stadium to avoid the additional cost.

Or those of us that aren't STHs - not at all ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Please read other posts first.

I have, but it still ultimately boils down to this. If you dont want to pay the new extra "fee" (+ booking fee), then use normal buses/trains.

I guess it isn't but who said life is fair, we just have to get through it the best we can

Their post just smacks of them throwing their toys out of the pram as those get free travel and they dont. Technically they still can get free travel, but why throw facts into a debate - BOOOOOO

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You are forgetting that this saver can be purchased daily at no extra cost. Travel with the new Seagull travel and you pay an extra £1 booking fee..

Seagull Travel ideally want passengers to pay £75 for the whole season , those booking and reserving seats for travel to individual games will create more admin and paperwork. Unless Seagull Travel have the technology to enable ticketing onto a smartcard or via mobile phone app you won't see the booking fee disappear.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contri

I have, but it still ultimately boils down to this. If you dont want to pay the new extra "fee" (+ booking fee), then use normal buses/trains.

Easy to say but you must understand the frustration that after using a service for two years, you now have to pay £75 to use the same service or double your travel time by using an alternative.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Seagull Travel ideally want passengers to pay £75 for the whole season , those booking and reserving seats for travel to individual games will create more admin and paperwork. Unless Seagull Travel have the technology to enable ticketing onto a smartcard or via mobile phone app you won't see the booking fee disappear.

Of course they do and any fan can't make a game say for illness £3.76 lost each time. Win Win for them

I wonder what the uproar would be if the club changed their approach and said that travel in and around Brighton was part of the travel plan ie trains from Brighton station and buses from The Old Steyne and supporters paid the standard prices to get to those points.
If you are paying for bus travel in Brighton and Hove, it costs no more to travel from Portslade to Falmer than it does to travel from the Old Steine to Falmer.

Your suggestion would offer precisely nothing to anyone travelling from beyond central Brighton to Falmer.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Or those of us that aren't STHs - not at all ?

The transport levy is also built into the price of a matchday ticket , we're all in it together. If the original system hadn't been blatantly abused during the first season at The Amex it might all be a different story.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No I think my supporting days may be over and I will see if they will refund my season ticket.

Because you need to pay extra - as I said, a free alternative exists just your ignoring it !!

Easy to say but you must understand the frustration that after using a service for two years, you now have to pay £75 to use the same service or double your travel time by using an alternative.

As ive already said, I have to pay £6 each match from Eastbourne to Lewes, so £138 for all 23 league games. Paying extra isnt much more in comparison to that, at least you get the option to still use free travel, I dont !!

It's going to impact everyone as there are a finite number of scheduled buses and trains. It will mean more overcrowding and longer queues.

Of course. Southern are already running with the most coaches that they can on the trains, now it must be looked at to B&H Buses if they will now run any extra normal service buses to cope with extra passengers.....providing they havent already thrown their toys out of the pram.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The transport levy is also built into the price of a matchday ticket , we're all in it together. If the original system hadn't been blatantly abused during the first season at The Amex it might all be a different story.

Errrr ?? It worked perfectly last season. I'm buggered if I'm going to pay whatever for a match ticket including a TRAVEL COST and then pay AGAIN to use one of the football buses.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Because you need to pay extra - as I said, a free alternative exists just your ignoring it !!

No I am not. I have given my reasons for this being not acceptable to me. You said you read my earlier posts

As ive already said, I have to pay £6 each match from Eastbourne to Lewes, so £138 for all 23 league games. Paying extra isnt much more in comparison to that, at least you get the option to still use free travel, I dont !!

Of course. Southern are already running with the most coaches that they can on the trains, now it must be looked at to B&H Buses if they will now run any extra normal service buses to cope with extra passengers.....providing they havent already thrown their toys out of the pram.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here