Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contributiion"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am talking about the new bus service to be introduced

I am talking about scheduled services which can be used from Shoreham, Portslade, Rottingdean, Hangleton etc. It's cheaper to use them than the special new bus services. If I lived in those areas I wouldn't be using the club's new special buses.
It's £3.50 on the bus app for phones.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I am talking about scheduled services which can be used from Shoreham, Portslade, Rottingdean, Hangleton etc. It's cheaper to use them than the special new bus services. If I lived in those areas I wouldn't be using the club's new special buses.

But I was replying to fosters headband, why would he be talking about paying for the scheduled services when he is retired and would get it free? I am a little lost here

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But the transport levy is for the park and ride Shirley?

It partly is and that's what makes this idea slightly daft - free to drive your car to a P&R site or pay an additional levy to use the bus only. Bizarre.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Special Buses: Negotiations Ongoing with Alternative Bus Co + "supporter contri

Just as a comparison, if the club didn't pay for any transport, a day saver via a key card costs £3.70 which you can use all day on an unlimited number of buses. The club want to charge £3.76 for two journeys. It's even cheaper if you have a phone app for tickets.

£4.70 as the club are charging a booking fee for the new service. I'm not sure what their justification is as Brighton and Hove buses don't charge booking fees on paper, smartcard or smartphone tickets.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There is annual depreciation on the stadium to take into account now it has been completed , if the write down is over 50 years , 2% of £54M isn't quite the same as 2% of £110M which will now show up in the P&L accounts.

Which we will have to wait and see what policy they are adopting.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just as an aside, i travel from Eastbourne each match and have to pay about £6 extra on top of the levy already on the ST along with plenty of others, including those from Polegate, Bexhill etc. We all have to pay a damn sight more than what this new scheme will be.

No one is forcing people to pay the extra money, just use buses/trains. Most bus routes in Brighton run near a station after all, just get a bus there and use that. Or better still, go into town before the match, have a drink or 2 then get a train/bus to the Amex.

Wouldnt mind knowing the costs behind the now defunct matchday buses and the new "pre-booked" services to see what the cost difference is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
£4.70 as the club are charging a booking fee for the new service. I'm not sure what their justification is as Brighton and Hove buses don't charge booking fees on paper, smartcard or smartphone tickets.

That makes it worse, I hadn't realised that.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I wonder what the uproar would be if the club changed their approach and said that travel in and around Brighton was part of the travel plan ie trains from Brighton station and buses from The Old Steyne and supporters paid the standard prices to get to those points.

I've said it before but the train should only be free between Brighton and Falmer as that is the part that is impossible to check tickets. The TOCs can protect their own revenue outwith that area.

:moo:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
But I was replying to fosters headband, why would he be talking about paying for the scheduled services when he is retired and would get it free? I am a little lost here
If I went by the Brighton buses, I would get it free but as I said earlier it will lake me three times as long to and fro. So I go to all this trouble, what have I paid my Transport levy for?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
If I went by the Brighton buses, I would get it free but as I said earlier it will lake me three times as long to and fro. So I go to all this trouble, what have I paid my Transport levy for?

Well as I understand it something similar was tried the first year but too many fans abused it, didn't buy the travel vouchers but still used the transport so it was added to all ST's

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Apologies but the principle stands.

At the end of the day it all comes down to personal choice , those who travelled on the Special buses have to decide whether they want to pay extra or use alternatives to get to the stadium to avoid the additional cost.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Well as I understand it something similar was tried the first year but too many fans abused it, didn't buy the travel vouchers but still used the transport so it was added to all ST's
But thats my point they have added it to my ST, but taken the bus away, unlike all those travelling from Worthing, Haywards Heath and Lewes nothing has changed for them why is that fair?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Does seem yet another negative from the club...

Also, pls spare a thought for those of us who get the coach to the Amex and are now charged £60 extra over the past 2 seasons for... nothing!

I share your pain as taxed as well for nothing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here